Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

The rapid-fire title changes inspired me to get caught up on this thread and wow. Wow.

Ry, I’m also a figure-it-out myself guy. That’s how I learned how to sail: I bought a lovely one on eBay, never having been on a sailboat before. How hard can it be? 10ish years later I’m a sailboat captain for my job, it’s rad.

I also have a tendency to start a lot more projects than I finish. And it can become pretty difficult to keep a lot of balls in the air, let alone when those balls are ‘my van house’ and ‘entertaining goons on the internet’.

It seems like you’re starting to cotton to the idea that this land is more trouble than it’s worth, and at the very least there are a lot of questions that need to be answered before you sign anything binding or spend another dollar on it. Having a professional guide you is also a good idea, whether it’s a licensed broker (not affiliated with the seller/owner/?????) or a real estate attorney. As you have found out, it’s a long, complicated process when it goes perfectly. And that’s frustrating when you’re ready to start digging/chiseling/timbershitting. I get it. But there’s no good way around it, so the word of the day is acceptance.

That also applies to Motronic, CSB, and all the other Angsty Dads of the thread. They see a mismatch with your goals and the unavoidable reality of what it takes to meet those goals in a way that you don’t, and it can be hard to accept their advice. But it’s valuable man.

It doesn’t look like that van is garbage to me, the suspension is probably clapped out but if you’re gonna make a grovertruk out of it then have it fixed up. Extending the exhaust from the muffler to one of the sides is trivial, like an hour and $100 at a muffler shop. If you’re going to idle the truck to charge the batteries you should do that so you’re not filling your box with co2. That’s what the fire pit is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Ya and find your chisels.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Hey the CO exposure probably isn’t that big a deal, it’s not like he has any other breathing issues.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

The exhaust swirls should be coming from the middle of the box.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Sounds more like the PO had a pretty lackadaisical attitude toward truk maintenance, not that they were part of an underground commercial vehicle racing scene. #1 on the punch list is still ‘go to a muffler shop’.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Ry: my number one priority, by far, is insulation.
*buys french doors*

Edit: who is this fifi?

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Ya but that fucks up his vibe of chillin' the back of his truk eating tendies and gazing at the Bojangles parking lot through his french doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

The_Muncher posted:

It rolls up?!!!?!

Do you realize how noisy that is jfc