Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

He was trying to go full Grover, but we convinced him it was important to have a carbon monoxide detector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

OP, I like to believe that this thread is sincere; if not, it is truly one of the 11 greatest trolls yet on SA. I wish you well, please don't half-rear end stuff that might kill you.

Try this

I can say with 100% certitude that this is sincere and not a troll. Which makes it even more funny

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Danhenge posted:

Resmed's DC power cord has DC step-up from 12v to 24v (or maybe 36? I can't remember) which is still more efficient than the inverter/rectifier setup. Respironics and other brands can use straight 12v.

Not sure about all models, but mine is 24V. I am building a battery pack for it for camping. I wish this thing used 12V, it'd make the battery pack easier.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Also might I throw into the ring, a sauna.

Optional 55 gal drum

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Havin an oxy torch is really useful. A+ would recommend.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I think this thread is the epitome of :suspense:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Rytheric posted:

I figured this was the time to bring up the GroverTruk. I will let yall know how it goes.

:f5:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Roy's space boxtruck haulin, from jita to null :grovertruk:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Thank god we're back. I was already having withdrawals even with discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

serious gaylord posted:

I have absolutely no problem with someone pointing out, in detail, how dangerous something is. The further posts are due to that advice being completely ignored. An amateur that thinks they know better than a professional is how people get killed.

There's a bunch of people being aggressively antagonistic though for no real reason other than they don't like what's goin on or being pissed their opinion isn't paramount. For one, just because Ry "isn't listening" to some rando rear end in a top hat on somethingawful.com doesn't mean he isn't listening to professionals because Ry has already stated he has asked professionals he works with and listens to what they say. There's more concern trolling to thinly veil being an rear end in a top hat than actually trying to help in this thread. Like, who fuckin cares if he doesn't want to use power tools? Who is that hurting? Dude's eccentric and that's fine. He's lived a different life, and he can do things differently. Critique what's actually seriously dangerous and not just a preferred way to do it, and don't be a loving rear end in a top hat about it. Bein a piece of poo poo about it is not going to get someone to listen to you. If they still don't wanna listen? Fine, you said your peace, move on, you can't stop everyone from doin something stupid if they really want to. But I've seen plenty of work by accredited professionals that make me question life because how bad it is that I'm not gonna seriously stress an amateur making an attempt to do something on their own. I myself have gone from being a self taught rank amateur at what I transitioned to getting paid a salary to do.