Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

The Voice of Labor posted:

that is where the orbs live

:rms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Rytheric posted:

I'm no engineer. Yet at least. Behmy breaks down reliably. I dont want to do anything too drastic to change that.

Get some prebent pipe from the auto parts store and some claps and run it up the rear and then the side at the back of the box area.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Please do not put a firepit in the back of your truck. Get some solar panels, bolt them to the roof and then get an used RV electric stove.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

What if you collect the smoke and make a smoker of some kind for meats?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Are you going to cut a hole in the wood floor and put down a cement TIMBERSHITTER in your doomtruk?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

I am locked into this thread. Every post is amazing.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Rytheric posted:

Sorry Jazz. I lied

Don’t worry I’m staying on top of this. Have you considered a drone instead of a helicopter? You could buy one of the larger ones and automate various tasks for it. Perhaps even build it a hanger on the top of grovertruk.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Deadmeat5150 posted:

So anyone want to start an over/under for the number of bodies on that land?

Current or future?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

OP you should find and buy a used ambulance.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Goldmine.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

AOC.

Armored Orb Carrier.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

:perfect:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

You could sans generator if you build a good battery cabinet out of 18650s with a solar array on the roof to power it throughout the day. In fact you could probably generate a surplus of power for your needs. Allowing you to go off the grid longer and make even smaller of a footprint.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

Interior fire pit suffocater
I drive a box truck people immolater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7JnGnMFxmk

Please combine theses, thanks.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Danhenge posted:

Have you considered jumping off a cliff and flapping your wings to see if you can fly? Just one time, I mean, so you can see it fail before ruling it out.

Don't post poo poo like this, tia.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Sidenote for anyone wanting to do this but not in a goddamn box truck. You can buy used ambulances on ebay that you just have to strip the running light and siren off of and they are fully road legal.

You get massive maintenance records, a fully integrated and powered electrical system with batteries and inverters for power along with cutoff switches. A bench seat you can easily rip off and convert to a twin bed. 3 points of egress. A big old captains chair you can keep or toss. Keep the cabinets or rip them out but they are great for storage. If it's a vanbulance it's not a massive bitch to backup but will be smaller without the side panel storage. If it's a type 3 box truck you'll have storage for days and the interior is big. Come with 240 volt inputs for stationary charging

Bad side. The type 3 will suck down gas and typically gets like 8 to 10mpg many are diesel. They suck poo poo to backup, and the suspension is stiff due to the weight of the box. Tires will be a shitload when they need replaced and you need 4 on the back of a type 3.

Almost all of them will be 200k or more miles of hard long distance miles. But by god they will be running.

Quick glance in ebay literally had one 3 hours away from me for 4 grand. And a type 3 at 9grand that I legit would get if I was doing a mobile home. Like these things are definitely what I'd do instead of an rv for traveling because besides needing bathrooms they'd be easier and cheaper to fix with less proprietary parts (everything's based off ford or gm fleet trucks with a box dropped on it instead of a bed) they largely aren't filled with garbage you don't need and are more efficient.

Buy an ambulance not a box truck

Certain Mercedes fleet vans are also very good. Come with 4WD and a bit newer for 8-12k.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Turn your 55 gallon drum into a stove with this simple kit!

https://www.amazon.com/US-Stove-BSK...ps%2C195&sr=8-1

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Rytheric posted:

Taking a break. The high vis is so I distract the helicopters while everyone else runs.

Designated Scapegoat

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Rytheric posted:

but I would have only failed because of modern contraceptives lol.

:catstare:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

replace all the subforums with links to this thread only.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Rytheric posted:

Rytheric tip. If you've got a vehicle that will sit idle for an extended time. Hook a small solar panel up to it to keep the battery alive.

uh... alternatively disconnect the negative cable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

I’m in the car industry, did I miss out on wild car chat? And weird wrong accusations from both sides.

Uh besides the cinder block thing, do not do that unless you have a death wish. Actually just don’t do that.