Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

PLease do not put a fire pit inside your box truck house, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Are you sure the TimberShitter is really for pooping and not actually a well? plz don't give yourself/your neighbors cholera or w/e.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

OP I just want to clarify. Is this concrete thing:

currently sitting over a pit, or is the plan to dig a new pit and use the concrete thing for part of it?

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

OP get a lawyer and title company involved to make sure you actually buy your land and don’t just give some guy $10K for land he doesn’t actually own. You need a deed and you need to take it to the county courthouse to get recorded and poo poo.

While you’re talking to a lawyer, have them write a will for you too since seems like you might need one soonish. Healthcare power of attorney at least so when you are comatose from carbon monoxide poisoning someone can actually make the decision to remove you from life support.

E: love the thread though! Some neat stuff happening here! There’s a green building thread somewhere in this sub forum you might want to check out.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Motronic posted:

Look, I ran afoul of this thread so I've come back to make amends. Comments like this aren't constructive at all. I know, because I made them too.

What we need are real solutions for Rys problems, and sitting around shitposting isn't going to make this happen.

I have begun my experiments in how to use a power saw without all the noise. In this first attempt I've tried to duplicate the things Ry will have access to on his job site and removed the battery from the saw so you know I'm not trying to pull a fast one on any of you.

The setup needs a bit of work, but it's seriously almost perfect as it is. Just a few clamps and it should be totally efficient.

https://i.imgur.com/Uuei2iV.gifv

:haibrower:

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Rytheric posted:

If I can get him to drop it to 15k then it would be better than the 16k property nearby. The seller of that land is selling it on behalf of the county and he says they it has to be perked for the county to sell it to an individual. I may check if that is truly the case. But if I can get him to drop it to at least that that might be worth it.

The 3 acres for $6,000 is looking favorable now.

Lol I didn’t realize you didn’t already own the land this thread is about. Don’t buy this property. There’s lots more land out there. 3 acres for 6k is not a bad bare-dirt price for rural land in the SE, and if the county is selling it, the title is probably at least clear.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

LOL means LOTS OF LAND (for sale that isn’t a scam)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

OP I’m pretty sure what the seller’s agent did was if not illegal, definitely unethical and almost certainly a breach of their contract with the seller. Their job is to sell the property to anyone interested and willing able to pay a certain price, not refuse to sell the property to anyone but the guy who gave them a kickback. All the stuff your $1000 got you (except maybe the survey) should have been provided willingly and for free by an honest broker/seller, and you should report the seller’s agent to whatever your state realtor’s licensing agency/professional association is for the benefit of all the other potential scam victims in your area.

If you want to give someone money to make sure they don’t sell the property to someone else, you can do that. It’s called earnest money and it’s a usual feature of an accepted offer. The good part for you is if the seller decides not to sell the property to you, you get your money back!

E: to add to the chorus, get a buyers agent!!! They’re free!! If you say you need some land with existing grandfathered privies, I bet they have a better way of searching for those than you do!!!