Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

in case anyone just flew by the explanation of grovertruk, what took it from interesting side project to hilarious side show is the fact that he is adding a fire pit to the back of his box truck.

Rytheric is my favorite j4g (just 4 goose) and i hope he doesnt kill himself. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

we need a 3D grovertruck render.

edit: i might draw a thing later.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

I feel like those sconces are pretty stylin'. If she couldnt handle your sconces, she probably wasnt worth it anyway.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

This is Rytheric's first post and it's already gold.

It's clear to me based on the evidence presented that he's been a goon this whole time, and just didn't know where his people were.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

honestly, just a vented fan in the ceiling would fix all of this.

or, and stay with me here: you could saw through the porch walls and set up a hinge system to let them open out and down, with some flip out supports, and triple your porch space AND make the firepit not hazardous.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Greader posted:

So wait, I know we are wondering about the telescope but did I miss something or is the water tower itself not even built yet?

Yeah everyone is latching onto different things but that stuff seems to be a future planning thing.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

If you make these houses share common walls for ease of construction, an interesting thing occurs.

:golfclap:

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Danhenge posted:

Have you considered jumping off a cliff and flapping your wings to see if you can fly?

:jerkbag:

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

I went ahead and bought ads for this magnificent thread since the guy in GBS doesn't seem to be doing it.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

can we have this thread be the only thing on the SA front page?

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

I made a :grovertruk: but I already bought ads and I'm not going to buy a smilie also.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Don't spread yourself too thin. French doors are expensive.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

and the front trailer hitch. its all in the details.

edit: Thank you for making my dreams a reality, Bingo Bango

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Rytheric posted:

Anyway, she introduced me to a used book store today and I accidently bought an armful of books and an electric violin.

Every verse a diamond
And every chorus gold

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

:stonk:

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

I have this sudden and irrational urge to save Rytheric somehow from his own decisions and lifestyle.

edit: Obviously I know this is unreasonable AND arrogant of me.

Edit edit: Plus its not like my lifestyle of never seeing the sun and slowly turning into a Morlock is super healthy or anything.

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 18, 2021

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Motronic posted:

Yes, it is I "tripping" over the simplest things.

Shine on you methy diamond.

You sure are weirdly hostile for no reason, random goon. Rytheric isnt asking you to invest in his hotdog restaurant, he's not trying to get you to move to texas and start a goon colony, and he doesnt need to prove anything to you. Maybe you should take a break from being an rear end in a top hat for a little bit and see how that goes.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Motronic posted:

So "your craft" is now.....woodworking? Not chemistry or whatever term you're using for environmental remediation? I'm trying to keep good notes here but things change so quickly.

Yes, my entire life is also completely wrapped up in my job to the point where I never do anything that doesnt directly relate to it in some way.

Please, continue getting to the bottom of things. We are all terribly interested in your deep investigation. Im sure that if you put your mind to it, you can find a way to completely ruin an otherwise great thread on this dying forum.

:jerkbag:

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Kim Jaym Il posted:

I'm saying you're being really aggressive and creepy in your multi post crusade to prove that the OP is lying about something to you.

see that's where you're wrong he's definitely not mad.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

in every epic goon thread theres always at least one dude who's like :byodood: "I don't believe your stepson really thinks hes a Saiyan!" or :byodood: "Did your street sweeper really catch on fire? Did you document it with pictures? SHOW US YOUR PICTURES."

goons gonna goon gonna goon.

Personally, I think Ry is a kinda weird, but very self aware dude who knows full well hes not doing things the most efficient or best way (or even a good way) but hes doing poo poo the way he wants to. Maybe it will fail. Maybe catastrophically. Maybe by the end of this journey he'll be wishing he had done things completely differently. He knows theres a possibility of that, but he's forging ahead anyway, even though he might be embarrassed later.

I don't think hes lying about anything though. And more importantly: even if he is, I dont really care. Im here to read an entertaining thread by a guy who wants to put a fire pit in the back of his box truck.

Hes not asking for help. Hes documenting his process. Can we just, for once, not :imunfunny: a thread to death?

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

builds character posted:

At the risk of bungee cording my own metaphorical sawzall to an excavator here... You're looking at this entirely the wrong way. This is an absolute garbage piece of land with numerous red flags. Doesn't mean you can't buy it. But it means nobody else wants to buy it. That means you can offer $8 and a ride in the truck for it. Or 10k. Whatever. Then, and this is absolutely key and the part you are constitutionally incapable of, you have to be just fine walking away if the other side doesn't take it. Because you will know there are other options that are, at worst, just as bad.

This. All of this right here.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

I mean it just seems like you need 7 different jacks and one guy to hold the spring while the other guy wedges it out with his hand. I'm not a car guy or anything but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Drone posted:

Wonder how the toilet EVE goons are reacting to all this. Legit could see them egging him on.

Either way, thread went from :five: to :one: in the blink of an eye. Don't die, Ry guy. Fix your loving exhaust, or just get rid of grovertruk and live like a functioning human for a little while, as you can clearly afford it (and if you can't, sell your $3000 telescope ffs).

We are saying the same things as everyone in this thread except not being assholes about it and also he should put Motronic on ignore because it makes the forums instantly 50-75% better in general.