Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

Nybble posted:

Rolex24 has been great. Was about to post about KMag leading, but he just got a penalty that I’ve not heard of before? “Wheel rotation on the jack stand” - What’s that mean?

You’re not supposed to have the car in gear while up on the jacks for a tire change for reasons of safety. If you do put the car in gear early and you’re not sufficiently pressing the clutch, the drive wheels will turn and that alerts the stewards that you’re not following the safety rules and you’ll incur a penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Bloopsy posted:

Do drivers have contracts with teams? Nick Tandy drove a Porsche but now drives for Corvette Racing. Can they just switch teams whenever they want?

They usually have contracts with either the team or the motorsport branch of the manufacturer behind the team. Often this gives them leeway to drive with other teams/in other series unless it’s in direct competition with the main contract.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

If there’s one thing that BMW loves more than motorsports, it’s pulling out of motorsports

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Lol Mazda just killed their DPi program after this year and has confirmed they’re not doing LMDh at all

Everything sucks, the whole auto industry sucks

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Oh loving hell. I knew Sabine’s cancer battle wasn’t going well but that’s really horrible and unexpected news

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

I’m making the mistake of watching the NBCSN TV coverage of Sebring and it might be the worst race broadcast I’ve ever seen. It’s like they heard the criticism of Daytona having too many commercials and too much Jimmie Johnson dick sucking and tripled down on both

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

No real surprise but officially announced: Penske and Porsche are teaming back up for LMDh in both the WEC and IMSA

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

toyota should go back to the blue scheme they used to have imo, it was much nicer than this audi knockoff scheme

They need to go back to the white-yellow-red of the ‘80s and ‘90s. I’m not kidding, it would be extremely distinct and give the car a different identity in 2021

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

harperdc posted:

Racing this weekend!

European Le Mans Series is at the Red Bull Ring, qualifying in two hours and race tomorrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=008JIpDTgN0

Super Formula is at Autopolis:

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/live/super-formula-2021-qualifying-autopolis

and MotoGP is at Le Mans Bugatti Circuit this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwa5CNxMVvw

Don’t forget tomorrow’s IMSA Acura Mid-Ohio Acura Type S 240 presented by the Acura TSX Type S, where surely the Acura DPi won’t win for a third time in 3 years

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Hell yeah guys BMW just found a new series to prematurely leave

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Very bold for Peugeot to use a 9x8 drive train setup. You’d think a French team wouldn’t want to go racing with a Kettenkrad, what with the war and all, but I guess time heals all wounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Petit Le Mans was loving incredible. I love motorsports. Grats to Action Express, miss u 4ever Mazda prototype