Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Clown show starting early this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wtf was the 62 thinking

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

an oddly awful oud posted:

Lol Mazda just killed their DPi program after this year and has confirmed they’re not doing LMDh at all

Everything sucks, the whole auto industry sucks

It kind of feels like prototypes are entering a no man's land with manufacturer's gearing towards full electric in their road cars by 2030-2035 and not seeing a use in having a fossil fuel racing program, and a full electric endurance racing class not being feasible in that same time period.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The N24 is probably my favorite race event of the year.

There's just so much crazy poo poo that happens and the cars are so awesome and the track is so awesome and the weather is so awesome.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

track day bro! posted:

I forget though wasn't it last year where it was mostly a washout and we only got a tiny bit of racing or am I remembering another year

Yeah, it was red flagged all night last year, but it was also in september, so that's what happens.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Compromise. Only rain on the north end of the course. :getin:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/aXG9ING.mp4

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

track day bro! posted:

Never going to find out what caused it because that thing was burning faaast, still they managed to get it out mostly pretty quickly

The way it kept re-igniting, it had to be oil on exhaust.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

lagidnam posted:

red flag incoming, way too much scrap on the track now

It's just flugplatz

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Butt Savage posted:

In America, they’d bring in giant fans to blow that weak rear end fog out the way and let them race!

aim the jet driers in the air

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

net work error posted:

There's usually a long red flag isn't there?

not really. They've done close to 160 laps in quite a few of the recent races. Probably headed for around 80 this year.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Time zones mean I slept through all of the racing that happened previously and now I get to wait another 4.5 hours for anything to happen

You can still go back and watch the first hour which is where a bunch of the rad stuff happened.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Custard Undies posted:

Reminder that the 6HR of Monza is about to start :)

grazie

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

still a bunch of days out but forecast is hot and dry. we might actually get 24 hours of racing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Also, how does Glickenhaus manage to wear a cowboy hat over a pair of racing headphones?

I believe the phrase is "10 gallon hat on a 2 gallon head"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/UYHgIT4.mp4