Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bit of Supercars news, Superview is moving to Youtube for 2021. So it's going to be $60 for the full season, or $6 a month if you just want to watch Bathurst or check it out. They're also uploading a shitload of old seasons to Youtube starting with the 1997 Australian Touring Car Championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Dudley posted:

Is the sub available internationally?

Yes, that's the whole point of Superview, it's not available in Australia and New Zealand where they want you to watch it on TV.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Oh poo poo RBTV got Super Formula? Their WRC coverage has always been good so I’m happy about this.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I watch WRX occasionally since it's on free TV in the UK, it's one of those series' I always enjoy watching but never remember its on though. This is the thread for it though, WRC stuff goes in here too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That article was dumb and reading it at the time I was heartened that all the comments were calling the writer a dipshit.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Formula E in Valencia was the most Formula E race.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

harperdc posted:

Yesterday or today? I can see both of them being absolute clown shoes.

also that chicane they added in after the final corner is heinous.

Yesterday, the one where half the field got disqualified. Today was apparently much more standard but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

CactusWeasle posted:

WTCR too but outside of Eurosport I've literally no idea how to watch it

Eurosport Events runs WTCR so there is no way outside them.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

track day bro! posted:

I hope that isn't the final livery

It's not in the legally mandated WEC top class colours of red white and black so it won't be.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bahrain is fun.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Because consumer cars don't need to be small and aerodynamic so can have way more battery capacity. This is an inherent limitation of electric open wheelers, you only have so much space to work with.

Then there's also Formula E's increasingly unpopular rules around energy use because those batteries I believe can go harder for longer (the race earlier this year where everyone ran out of energy came after over 10% of the energy limit was deducted after safety cars) but everyone's limited by the energy allowance they're given. I assume electric GT won't have these kinds of limits mostly because Alejandro Agag doesn't seem to be involved and energy limits seem to be entirely his thing. Personally I'm hugely in favour of there being an electric series that isn't under his ownership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I have seen some grumbling on Aussie motorsport Twitter about the S5000 cars being restricted for safety and losing 90hp as a result.