Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I missed last year thanks to a family event but went multiple times before that. It’s an awesome event and nowhere near as big as the 1000 so you get free access to the back of the pits and are free to roam around the bottom half of the track as you please.

Having been to both, this is 100% spot on. The 1k is definitely the spectacle, high-energy event and the 12hr is the casual, much more chill event. The kinds of places you can wander into and stuff you can see during the 12hr is fantastic. Similar to Carb Day at Indy or the 24hr at Sebring only somehow even less restrictive, which is saying something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

The first year I went out a team spent about 8 hours changing the gearbox on a porsche and rebuilding the engine only for it to do the last lap and count as a finisher. I do miss that they've cut back the number of invitational entries to the marc cars entries and they aren't all that much fun. Seeing whats under the bodywork when they strip down the crashed cars is always interesting and certainly something that I wouldn't have thought I'd see during an active race tbh.

I scored a few small pieces of bodywork and suspension bits that made customs very unsure about me on my way home. Just happened to ask if the team minded if I picked a couple parts off the flatbed and they let me go at it.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

MX5 race was a banger again this morning. Literally. So glad they brought them here, solidly the best racing of the week.

Miatas always put on a show. Glad to see them get included in bigger events.