Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Was Bovril not good for kids? The line at the bottom of this poster seems weird.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

Was Bovril not good for kids? The line at the bottom of this poster seems weird.

(It isn't in the original :v:)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Young children should not be allowed unsupervised around hot drinks or clergy, there was a report on it.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Communist Thoughts posted:

It's the gift that keeps on giving until you die

Try jokerfication instead imo, the UK is funny as gently caress

Oh I'm fully jokerfied, but anger is the first step on the road to true nihilism

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Failed Imagineer posted:

Feeling blessed to live in the green zone lol

https://twitter.com/MaxCRoser/status/1356203389630218243?s=19

Somehow I feel this is under representing the vast network of British tax havens, but I am not a Forensic finance freak

They just posted the updated 2021 version too

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
ahahah cry more

https://twitter.com/joannaccherry/status/1356233346565730304

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Whoa that's good.
Seems like the SNP are actually following through with not being a terf poo poo hole like the rest of the uk parties?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Credit to Sturgeon for being the only major party leader to do literally anything on the matter I guess

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Front bench sacking is pretty weak but it's better than nothing I guess.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
more than i expected, i'll admit

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
good now withdraw the whip and kick her out

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
haha she was actually specifically excluded from the press release

https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1356238020362588160

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
How can they treat a QC like that?!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Quietly Culled

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Joanna Cherry GC

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

People who've been contacted about vaccines - how did you get contacted? Text from your GP surgery? Letter?

I ask only because I've recently moved, and don't want to land myself in the same situation as the poster who's surgery deregistered them, and I sort of still have access to the old place for post (sister in law owns it but hasn't been forwarding post and I can't drive, so it's down to when my wife happens to get across there).

Just wondering in case there's an invite letter waiting at home I might have missed - i have asthma and am 40 so I don't know if the list has gone that far down yet. I just don't want to miss my spot and get to mid march when all of the gammons have been vaccinated and have successfully lobbied Boris to let them spit directly in people's mouths again.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Speaking as someone who also has asthma and is under 60 - you aren't going to have to worry about getting your vaccination until autumn at the very earliest anyway, which is plenty of time to ensure you are properly registered

It is more likely to be this time next year

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Sacking cherry is probably the only positive political act I've seen in over a year

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

People who've been contacted about vaccines - how did you get contacted? Text from your GP surgery? Letter?
Not been contacted, I camped local hospital feeds until they announced they had leftover vaccines for staff open to anyone over 70 or who had been advised to shield and booked as soon as one opened, not sure if there's something like that for your area.

They didn't even check any paperwork on the way in other than photo id.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Legit impressed with Sturgeon/SNP leadership for this.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I ask only because I've recently moved, and don't want to land myself in the same situation as the poster who's surgery deregistered them, and I sort of still have access to the old place for post (sister in law owns it but hasn't been forwarding post and I can't drive, so it's down to when my wife happens to get across there).

Just wondering in case there's an invite letter waiting at home I might have missed - i have asthma and am 40 so I don't know if the list has gone that far down yet. I just don't want to miss my spot and get to mid march when all of the gammons have been vaccinated and have successfully lobbied Boris to let them spit directly in people's mouths again.

That reminds me: there are some very plausible vaccination phishing emails purporting to be from the NHS going around.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Got to love The Algorithm. Clicked on this on my computer, not logged in to Twitter, and all the top replies are "oh no we still support you". On my phone, it's all "maybe you shouldn't have been so transphobic then, lol"

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

therattle posted:

That reminds me: there are some very plausible vaccination phishing emails purporting to be from the NHS going around.

This is NOT a legitimate covid vaccine

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

People who've been contacted about vaccines - how did you get contacted?

Phone call from my GP surgery.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bobby Deluxe posted:

My parents got a phone call. Their GP surgery said they're avoiding letters if they have an up to date phone number due to strained postal service.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
No possibility of me getting a vaccine any time soon but it happens through GP surgeries? So I need to be sure I'm registered?

Think I'm registered with a surgery from 8 years ago that's about 70 miles from where I live now.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

ronya posted:

labour actually focus group'd especially intensely 1992-1997 due to internal suspicions and intraparty accusations that 1992 could happen again (recall LAB was heavily favoured to win in polling and instead Major rode to a massive unprecedented landslide

A majority of 21 is a massive landslide?! Let's not forget Major had a minority government by 1997.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

multijoe posted:

Credit to Sturgeon for being the only major party leader to do literally anything on the matter I guess

It's almost certainly more about the internal squabbles between Sturgeon and Salmond than her trans phobia, though the transphobes do see more aligned with Eck for some reason...

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

sinky posted:

This is NOT a legitimate covid vaccine

That's not where you're supposed to blast the beans!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

peanut- posted:

No possibility of me getting a vaccine any time soon but it happens through GP surgeries? So I need to be sure I'm registered?

Think I'm registered with a surgery from 8 years ago that's about 70 miles from where I live now.

Yes. Once we get into phase 2 we're into age groups that have less frequent contact with GP (so likely out of date contact info) and are less able to answer the phone in working hours so you certainly aren't hurting your chances of a slightly earlier jab if you sort those things out now.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

forkboy84 posted:

It's almost certainly more about the internal squabbles between Sturgeon and Salmond than her trans phobia, though the transphobes do see more aligned with Eck for some reason...

Someone on the NEC leaked legal documents to Wings, Cherry was recently elected to the NEC, Cherry sacked from front-bench days after NEC documents leaked to Wings.

Maybe I'm just doing a 2+2=5 though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/Douglas4Moray/status/1356219908691013633?s=19

Wee Dougie Woss standing outside St Andrews House in the snow, bawling his eyes out as he screams "DEBATE ME" to the terror of passersby.

keep punching joe posted:

Someone on the NEC leaked legal documents to Wings, Cherry was recently elected to the NEC, Cherry sacked from front-bench days after NEC documents leaked to Wings.

Maybe I'm just doing a 2+2=5 though.

LOL imagine wanting to be associated with that oval office. That Wings isn't disowned by the Nats is the biggest black mark on the indy movement

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

E: nm, old news from 2017

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Screencap from before they corrected it.

Seems about right to me.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When you look at the minimum reforms necessary to be a functioning state like someone just shat in a Pret baguette.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I'm registered with a GP near my office and I don't want to update it because it's convenient for work.

Not that I've probably been to the GP in the last 5 years. I assume they still have me on the books because I'll occasionally get a text updating me on the level of service they provide given covid.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I'm registered with a GP near my office and I don't want to update it because it's convenient for work.

Not that I've probably been to the GP in the last 5 years. I assume they still have me on the books because I'll occasionally get a text updating me on the level of service they provide given covid.

i didn't think it was compulsory or anything, i never changed it when i moved, and i know tons of uni students who did the same

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Barry Foster posted:

Oh I'm fully jokerfied, but anger is the first step on the road to true nihilism

True nihilism is just game over only you're hanging around causing trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

True nihilism is just game over only you're hanging around causing trouble

de verdad