Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Camrath posted:

To be fair, most of them found it funny once I was able to get the gist of it across. But the phrase ‘terrorist flash-mob’ was used at least once.

It's exactly this kind of flippancy that allows Team Rocket to get away with so much trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Julio Cruz posted:

didn't you hear, all criticism of Jewish people is anti-semitic now

All criticism of capitalism too, because the concept of rich people controlling the world is an evil antisemitic trope

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Stormgale posted:

https://twitter.com/scattermoon/status/1361983494801526788

A look forward to the tories plan for universities, mandatory friends for Racists

daddy daddy the marxist oiks won't debate me PROPERLY you simply MUST write to the BBC

Necrothatcher posted:

In a perfect world I would say that, she would go "oh, okay" and we would move on.

Sadly this terminal case of brainworms is likely to end with a judge issuing a warrant for her arrest and her life getting all hosed up. Ah well.

Sov cit/FMOTL stuff is the Konami code for the legal system except it gives you 30 extra weeks on your sentence

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

big scary monsters posted:

After all the talking to police chat earlier I am still unsure what type of solicitor you talk to when you've done a crime and want to get away with it. To avoid moral quandaries we can take a hypothetical unambiguous good that is also a crime, like maybe you played Iain Duncan Smith's head like a bongo and he uncoolly called the police on you and wants to press charges.

You go on the dark web, and then 6 weeks later a paralegal in beige linens hacks through kudzu into a clearing and kneels in the entrance of an adobe hut. "We need you back, Ace." He gruffly replies that he's done with that poo poo but then his eyes stray to the powdered wig hanging from the wall

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

He really does look like he's perpetually trying to poo poo out a breeze block

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Guavanaut posted:

They evidently don't think they fought in WW2 so they can oppose fascism either tho, so why do they?

So that they can pretend that they did something for which the younger generations should be unquestioningly grateful

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I mean the work has already been started by extending the Corbyn smear campaign to conflate anticapitalism with anti-semitism. It's only a hop skip and an extremely stupid jump from there to suggesting that if you think Jeff Bezos should pay more tax you're basically in ISIS

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The problem is with all this... So what?

Johnson was found in high court or whatever the gently caress to have acted unlawfully in proroguing parliament (was it?) and a million other things and no one cares.

And Matt Hancock has only recently been found to have done a Widdle Fucko Boingo with COVID contracts. A bunch of Twitter melts get to recharge their orgone batteries by pretending this is a magnificent Toby Ziegler-style dunk on the Tories and then everything carries on as before

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The most recent Chapo had a screed about how there's no desire for accountability in right or centre-right politics because they're just two slightly different methodologies of assisting capital, and so the only expectation of your elected representative is to be "on your team" and own the people you don't like. And if the people you don't like include both the Tories and loony lefty Joebbels Crobnoy, then it's easy to see the appeal of a sensible tutting module like Keith

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Tbf he did an ocular pat-down and tactically ascertained the restaurants are COVID free

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I got extremely bummed about the giant shrug that Texas has done in response to the ice storm and started to worry: why wouldn't the Tories subject us to Austerity 2 as payment/punishment for all those lovely free vaccines? There are apparently no consequences for this poo poo. Hopefully it won't be quite that bad, but I do think that this is the last lockdown we'll get. As others have said, if we get another peak, the vaccines will be used as proof that the government "did all they could"

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's like that Times article I posted where the journalist raises the issue that it's kinda the point of the Opposition to want to throw the government out and replace them and Starmer always gives the impression that he doesn't particularly want to do that. I've talked before about his bureaucratic instincts - he treats the Tory government not as an enemy to be defeated but as a rather irritating department that his own department nonetheless has to work with as best as possible, for the greater good of the company. For all that we dislike Blair, if this crisis had happened in 1996, he'd have built a popular narrative of Tory incompetence, cronyism and failure and lashed the government mercilessly with it and he'd have been right to do so.

Holy poo poo this is perfect. Sensibly adjusting all the different levers until you unlock fully data-driven end-of-history space centrism, ignoring the fact that most of the levers are guarded by a hooting mop-headed gargoyle who flings skulls at you and fucks your wife if you come anywhere near

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

OwlFancier posted:

Less authentic if you're liberal brainwormed.

When you find the smoking gun, but sensibly put it back where you found it, having carefully wiped off the fingerprints and plugged in an Air Wick :decorum:

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

crispix posted:

i reckon starmer throws tantrums and tells everyone to gently caress off and locks himself in a houses of parliament pantry and angrily eats corned beef out of a tin with a teaspoon

OK but after every few mouthfuls he has to stop for a breather like you or I would while eating a vindaloo

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

We all thought we were in the dumbest timeline when the yaroo oiks Bash Street Kid got made PM, but that honour actually belongs to the one Keith Mandela Effected from, in which Carpetright and Richmond Sausages collaborated to produce the only android beige enough to make Bozzer appear vaguely statesmanlike

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

At least there's a slim chance Bozzer could get off his mash on booze and whizz and accidentally legalise weed while trying to install the underwater Irish roundabout or something

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I have to admit it was the curated safari of normality elementals like Glinner and Tweetman that hooked me on this thread in the first place, and directly led to me being radicalised. But I totally understand that people don't want to see that poo poo any more

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

OwlFancier posted:

We do have a thread explicitly for that in PYF called IOSM (idiots on social media (we are the idiots but also we post other idiots on other social mediums))

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918745&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=662

There is even this actually thread relevant tweet:

Subbed, thanks

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Keir Starmer == Market Riser
:tinfoil:

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

As the skies weep blood and the earth shatters, a battle-weary Piers Morgan clambers up the mound of twisted dead to reattach the toy's moustache

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Potato Head is a real toy. They're sadly not imbued with souls like in the Pixar film though

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Honestly, it must be so galling to realise that all that lovely cis privilege can't protect you from a world full of cognitohazards, such as a potato without a moustache, that are definitely going to turn your kids into trans antifa

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Melts loving love their nukes don't they? I reckon you could make Keith cum himself inside out with the words "means-tested ICBMs"

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

WhatEvil posted:

"Sir Keir Rodney Starmer":
A Sorry Strike Reminder
A Drinker Terrorisms Ye
Terrorism Near Yer Kids
Reinsert My Dork Raiser
Inert Merry Dork Arises
O Risky Arrest Reminder
O Mr Risky Arrest Denier
Arrested My Sorrier Kin
Drink A Misery Restorer
Terror Risk Mender, Say I
Reds' Risk: Tory Remainer

And... Tory Rear End Rim Kisser

I'd come up with more but I think I overloaded the Internet Anagram Server :psyduck:

I loving love me a good anagram and there are some absolute blinders here

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

What actually is British nationalism these days? Like, I know what it's for - to distract from the existential dread caused by being a largely superfluous appendage of the City money laundering machine - but what does it look like? Eating a cream tea in a garden beneath Union Jack bunting? Blokes who look like glazed hams drinking pints at the footie? 50 year olds tearing up to Dvorak's 9th and pretending they were in the war? Maybe it's just that I don't "get" it but it's all so dreamlike and insubstantial

Fake edit: the news coverage of Captain Sir Tom's funeral answers my question with leaden sincerity. It's got everything: flags, war, planes from the war, Her Maj, Michael Ball, the lot

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I'm making myself very sad and angry trying to navigate the yawning causal gulf between "100 year old man, who did laps of his garden on a zimmer frame because the NHS isn't properly funded, is killed by family holibobs" and "Britane gud :britain:"

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Guavanaut posted:

They (and will) can do what they like in the short term, but if "big collaborative projects are impressive and work" solidifies in the public mindset that could be the start of a longer term shift.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I'm a proponent of the Boolean calendar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Pro answer: get rid of a single bean :smuggo: