Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Credit to Sturgeon for being the only major party leader to do literally anything on the matter I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

If he's been sick for weeks did he actually catch it on holiday lol?

At the very least he must have juked getting his CORONAVIRUS VACCINE by going on holiday right as the rollout started

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Went to Tesco, and saw that they do chocolate chip, double chocolate chip, and triple chocolate chip cookies, which makes me wonder - who actually buys the double chocolate ones? Seems like with cookies, you either want them to be a bit chocolatey or as chocolatey as is humanly possible. Is there in fact a thriving market for chocolate centrism?

A THIRD WAY YOU SAY?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think the south african strain, or a similar one with the same adaptations could end up being another big wrinkle in the saga before Covid gets put in the bin but I am believing more and more we might not be living in a state of existential terror by the end of the summer. The Tories are probably going to make hay out of being the vaccine saviors but then looking at the opposition, does it even really matter?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I doubt it's deliberate but Starmer is doing a really good job all the same of preparing the ground for a centre left candidate to be welcomed by the left and centre wings of the party just by not being such an entirely worthless neoliberal empty suit. I had zero expectations from Starmer but I still couldn't conceive that he would be this detestable

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 3, 2021

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Christ absolute lmao at the Lib Dems electing that Coalition vampire over literally the only remotely interesting politician in their party and currently polling at less than half of Swinson's catastrophic wipeout result

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Where is this link to the goon crafted fudge?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Thank you. I bought some fudge

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

That is the moral difference between calling someone a oval office and a prick? In the UK at least I thought we were pretty gender inclusive in our genital based insults

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mebh posted:

My dad and his friends used to refer to women's vaginas as cunts in most of their gross old man style jokes. It was definitely objectified and sexist in that context.

When I moved to America 10 years ago and used it at work there to refer to one of my friends as a "bit of a oval office" you could hear a penny drop, and a colleague said "You used the c-word!!!!" it was explained that it had far worse connotations in the USA, I apologised and stopped using it. No harm done.

Fast forward 10 years, we're far more globalised, and it honestly feels like it should be consigned to the annals of history along with "retard" and "fag" . Ugh, I feel gross even typing those in this context.

Yes, it's an easy way out to refer to tories. However I'll just settle for calling them what they are. Evil Assholes. We all have an rear end in a top hat after all. Why bring gendered insults into it in 2021? There's so many more creative ways to refer to them. Fucktrumpets, poo poo pouches etc etc.

On the other hand, we could just not import American social values onto our own use of our language? Because if we're really going to go accept a homogenised global english language culture that's going to be a one way street

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Kier Starmer to rebrand Labour Party as "Entrepreneur Party" in bid to reverse falling popularity

This seems like a lathe of heaven prediction if there ever was one

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Perfect Element posted:

https://twitter.com/mattzarb/status/1357645273753919488

I've not heard of Michael Dugher before, but he seems like the perfect person to be leading the Betting and Gaming Council, 'a standards body committed to championing safer gambling.'

(tldr: he has a habit of mocking gambling addicts, and also just being a nasty oval office in general).

He's a hard right ex-Labour MP too, if such a thing can be believed

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

xtothez posted:

Is 'news' now just about posting the most utterly blatant bullshit for clicks?

(didn't even look at the article)

https://twitter.com/theipaper/status/1359130371217108994

How does a 25 year old guy look that old

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Shes an anti-semite and Jewish, so she's the probably the most qualified person to sit on the board

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The really big elephant in the room with this 'route out of lockdown' is the prevalence of South African covid (and the new UK mutation with similar characteristics). If we can't at least stamp out any traces of that before we ease measures it'll establish itself as one of the main strains and given it can get people who've had the oxford jab will have a competitive advantage over the domestic variants and then we'll virtually be back to step one, maybe with a lower death count but still a huge number of cases and a continually mutating virus

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They're going to come up with some BNP 'free union jacks for homeless veterans' poo poo aren't they

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Europe's recent play to gently caress up Covid even worse than us has really been remarkable to behold

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It really seems like something the government really could, and should, be doing even under the strategy it has taken is a concerted effort to get the low uptake communities vaccinated, both in terms of transmissions and fatalities ignoring that area of society just seems like leaving money on the table

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

'Victory Covid Day'

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Every photojournalist in the country is going to be on the prowl on 23/06 looking to take the defining image of jubilation that epitomises the end of the Covid-era

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Accurate

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I checked and our deaths per capita actually looks pretFUCK

The Christmas Truce with Covid is possibly the stupidest thing a British prime minister has ever inflicted on their own population. It's more than a little perverse than we're just so loving desperate for it to be over that if Johnson can preside over even a middling return to normality off of the back of the vaccine programme he's going to be hailed like a victorious war prime minister for 'bringing us through it'

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

You'll probably be vaccinated by grand reopening day, or very soon after and most of the adult population should be as well. Things definitely still could go wrong, but they don't definitely have to, especially if the teachers can force a phased reopening which currently seems to be the biggest area of concern

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Feb 23, 2021

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm looking forward to seeing my friends again, personally

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ThomasPaine posted:

Wait there are people who have drank less over lockdown???

I went nearly dry over lockdown, I realised pretty early on lockdown depression was going to be bad enough without adding literal depressants into the mix, definitely ended up being the right call

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I mixed ale and white wine round a BBQ at my Dad's last year and I was so sick the next day I burst a blood vessel in my eye, my stomach felt like I'd stripped out all the lining too. So in the future I think I'll just avoid getting pissed on any kind of wine at all

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ThomasPaine posted:

I hope you mean you had both ale and white wine at different points in the night, and not you inexplicably decided to make the world's most disgusting cocktail at a family BBQ

We call it English Juice in my household

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's much funnier if Kieth is trying to cargo cult blairism and honestly thought this would work, so that is what I choose to believe

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Starmer: 'Forensic'

Starmei: Analytical

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

When lockdown 1 hit I badgered all my friends into getting tabletop simulator and we fairly seemlessly moved from going IRL board game saturdays to discord hangout TTS saturdays, not everyone's hung about since but it's kept a skeleton of normality and social interaction alive. Online gaming in general has just been a godsend over the last years, I end up speaking to a few people now more than I used to between various game evenings

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If the SCG had any spine they'd form a Change UK splinter org and put this party out its loving misery

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

How many intelligence asset SA mods does that make now?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Comrade Fakename posted:

Yeah, Change UK is the incredible success story we need to emulate.

I think you misunderstand, the goal wouldn't be to form a viable left party (yet), it would be to destroy the Labour Party. Which is actually what Change UK set to do against the Corbyn leadership and its hard to say they didn’t their goal.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Comrade Fakename posted:

Oh good, no major even slightly leftist party in the UK then at all, a great idea with no downsides.

We don't have one now lol

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Tarnop posted:

Since we're doing D&D chat, just a reminder that 5E was designed by a rape apologist who hired a nazi and a rapist as consultants. When people who had been harassed by the rapist raised concerns, he doxxed them to said rapist. He faced no consequences other than having to shut up on twitter.

Don't pay money for D&D, play better RPGs by independent designers who deserve your money.

If you think this is bad wait until you hear about the movie industry!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think it's just exhausting being scolded for enjoying a product assocated with an abuser/bad person in a world where literally every industry under the sun promotes and protects abusers. Just let people enjoy their fuckin hobby in peace without dragging it into the constant all-encompassing outrage at the state of the world

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Gort posted:

This post is protection and promotion of abusers

The point is everything contains abusers. You may as well barge into any Ubisoft thread in Games or practically any Hollywood film thread in CineD and run off the same spiele, there's just no escaping that at some point most people are going to part with money that is going towards someone who did something horrific. So maybe at some point you don't need to hear the word 'D&D' and immediately inform everyone in the vicinity that it was made by BAD PEOPLE and strongly imply they are also bad people if they engage with it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SLIGHTLY LEFT WING PARTY

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Waiting for the LAS types to get on this clear violation of the Macpherson Principle in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Oh is she the "death recorded" person? I have no idea who naomi wolf is.

I think she's the one who injected Snake with FOXDIE, so it checks out she's in the know on this nanopatticle development