Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

classic guava move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Aidan_702 posted:

Captain Tom’s dead, watch plague island go into meltdown

Died in my local hospital.

Good job Boris you killed the national hero.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

If he's been sick for weeks did he actually catch it on holiday lol?

He caught it in hospital.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My nan caught covid (most likely during a hospital stay) and the doctor who visited her at home said he didn't want her in the hospital because it's a giant covid plague cloud. She's three weeks since positive and mostly just got a sore throat so I think the doctor was right.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Marmaduke! posted:

I mentioned Tom Moore had died and my wife burst our crying. I think she confused him with Tom Hardy

"Tom Moore died? HE WAS MY FAVOURITE BOND"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

He was admitted with pneumonia.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

legit can';t wait to see who the labour right put up this time. starmer made sense

Jeremy Corbyn wearing a fake beard over his real beard rises from the ashes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Extremely posh elijah wood doesn't like rome.

clearly a bitter fan of remus

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Why don't you only keep things on your hard drive that you'd be proud for others to see?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzAuXuxD0Oo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Drew is the guy who ran Toothpaste for Dinner (a webcomic) and he and his wife run Married to the Sea which has classics like this

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Finally at the age where I'm no longer looking at "18-25" and thinking I'm just outside of that window but now feel like :corsair:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

keith stumbler

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's impressive how Corbyn not being leader has actually made the Labour extended universe shitshow worse.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

WhatEvil posted:

Interesting that the only 2 still basically sound, reasonably high profile comedians - Chris Morris and Stu Lee - came through the same show.

There are a few other sound comedians - Josie Long, Alexei Sayle, Francesca Martinez, Mark Thomas - though none of those get high profile work anymore really. Can anybody think of any others?

Frankie Boyle (post-Mock the Week), Mark Steele, Romesh Ranganathan

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It hasn't been released but if she's freaking the gently caress out it implies she was contacted for comment (read: defend herself) and with her usual capacity for taking things in a Normal Way she probably immediately opened twitter and used the diarrhoea-to-text function.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The words will continue until quality improves.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think Trash Future (I know you're reading this you fucks) were right when they commented on how they expect the leftist purge but were not expecting how loving incompetent they would be at charisma and media messaging with the rightward shift.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Perfect Element posted:

However, I've realised that his voice is very similar to Keir Starmer

this is hypernormalisation

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Personally if I feel uncomfortable when the police come and talk to me I shout something Arabic sounding and run away safe in the knowledge that they won't arrest me for fear of seeming Islamaphobic.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

I somehow have developed a habit of just replying "inshallah" when a chud starts yelling at me for being disabled/queer/anti-racist and I can't stop.

... I don't want to stop either as it turns out.

TBF where you live isn't that low number of vowels considered treason?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TheRat posted:

I often feel unwell as a precautionary measure

As a precaution he's being rested six feet under soil.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rumda posted:

I mean the correct analogy to Jewish people thinking Corbyn was going to put them in camps is to TERF bs, if they are spouting it they are either spreading lies and hatred maliciously or are so catastrophically ill-informed that they may as well be doing it maliciously

Trash Future's latest episode with Abby Thorne actually has both Thorne and Bethea talking about the disgusting similarities between the actions of TERFs now and the anti-Semites throughout Europe including under the tenure of a certain Austrian fellow with, let's say 'bold,' policies.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the left have a cult of personality about their eternal leader, jormary cobblestone, unlike those of us with sensible heads on our shoulds who know that all britain needs is to make tony blair king

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

For any of my fellow scroungers on universal credit JSA, I've been waiting for over 50 minutes for my phone call today. Is that normal? Should I report my coach as dead?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

Is Mx a gender neutral (which I guess as the poster above said, isn't actually neutral) version of Mr or Ms?
I haven't run into that, that's interesting.

Really what we could do with is a unified Ms/Mrs where you don't get people mad for not knowing if theyr married or not

Then do I have the imported language feature for you, Communist Thoughts-san.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Universal credit update: my paper record of the meetings was more accurate than the DWPs so when I messaged them they were like "oh yeah the system had you down for 3 hours later."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

I like that Japan has (afaik) -san and -sama for both genders as an honorific, and then a bit more gendered -chan and -kun diminutives, though IIRC they're a bit flexible depending on the context.

Might be getting that all wrong tho, but surprisingly inclusive for a society which is... less so

Yeah san and sama are gender neutral. Even chan and kun are they're just favoured to mean girls and boys respectively, but even then a teacher/superior will use kun for students/underlings regardless of gender.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Man I bit my tongue when Starmer got elected because I was gonna give him a go but he does seem to be rather bricking it.

I guess if he promises to hold off the Corbynite wing then the Murdoch press might give him the same deal as Blair, but IDK, Big Tone wasn't this much of a charisma vacuum.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

CoolCab posted:

not a fuckin chance, mate. starmer's warm press extended exactly as far as an election (any election, apparently) and no further. only safe to support the opposition with no risk of it winning anything.

yeah, it's only because the tories were self-imploding in the 90s that blair was worth tacking to

in this historical comparison, Corbyn being the Foot, Starmer is the Kinnock

I guess this makes BloJo either the Thatcher or Major. Except dumb and poo poo.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TL note: Thatcher and Major were both poo poo. BloJo is so poo poo that you can call him poo poo in comparison to them.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Doccykins posted:

congrats to podcasting is praxis for being the first reply to keith's tweet on the news at 10

lmao what

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

You can rightfully hate the man but he was as not vapid or devoid of policies

corbyn????

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

Kinda sis that you took my "you can blame man not for his policies" as somehow about Corbyn

the multiple q-marks was meant to signify a joke

the long response time to your post signifies me taking a post-midnight poo poo (it was good)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

personally I'm gonna send corbyn nude selfies until he runs for leader again

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

no I will not CC you

or BCC you

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

prince harry on the masked singer

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

crispix posted:

i remember years ago i was chatting to a local radio personality here and he told me that in the old days the pubs around the ship yards in Belfast had to serve guinness from tin baths, such was the influx of patrons after knocking off time

drink enough of 'em and you can help refill the bath

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My nan had covid and got the AZ jab a few days ago. Don't think she got symptoms but then her with-covid blood oxy/pulse rate are healthier than mine so she's just got magic blood or something.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

She's ridiculous. She once broke her arm on a fall and only found out the next day saying it was still sore and got told to ask the GP who was like "I'm pretty sure that's broken" and the x-ray confirmed it was broken in like 2 places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Some grans are just made out of metal everywhere but the bones themselves.