Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Jose posted:

first hand. probably pixel 4a

I bought my pixel 2 directly from Google, but that might have been because it wasn't available anywhere else at the time, I can't remember. Also work was paying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Isomermaid posted:

Who are these people that go to university thinking "ah, I will be able to debate fellow great minds on the issues of the day in intellectual discourse"? I mean, conservatives obviously but it's such a loving wild mindset to be going into uni with.

It sounds like they would be happier in Mensa. Jamie Loftus did a podcast about her brush with them, it's on spotify. (Spoiler alert, it seems to be a magnet for these conservative, "debate me" shitlords at various points of the neo-reactionary pipeline).

Me? I grew up on the Isle of Man, and I really hoped that going to university would put me in contact with people who actually enjoyed talking about maths and physics. Was pretty disappointed TBH.
I was also in MENSA as a kid, although this was before the internet so I wasn't aware of how lovely they were. Got some pretty decent books of logic puzzles but that's about it

CoolCab posted:

no, i think needing to genuinely respect people's decisions and agency, even when i disagree with them, and analyse them from a perspective of class and address them from that direction, is what makes me a leftist. that's why i could easily have persuasive conversations with voters who voted leave but we needed if we had ever any hope of winning a government - i had quite a few of them in 2017 and 2019, and i can assure you in a quantifiable sense the single biggest difference was the absolute fury about the perception that their vote was being ignored in 2019. the amount of times that i heard that they needed to vote conservative for their 2016 vote to count was staggering, or that with labour we'd have an endless succession of referenda until "we got the result we wanted".

Yeah, as someone else who had a lot of doorstep conversations in the run up to 2019, Labour's policy was absolutely unsellable, whatever other merits it may have had. Not sure what the right direction would have been but what we ended up with was toxic to just about everyone.

e:

Jedit posted:

"Poisoned ewer" was right there, man.

Poisoned var.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Necrothatcher posted:

Well I know now and will use them in future. Bit poo poo to be so needlessly hostile about it though.

This is the point where you need to step back and think about what you're doing, just for future reference.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Comrade Fakename posted:

You know, you could actually research the councillor candidates and vote for the actually good ones. There are plenty of lefty Labour councillors.

Kieth and his mates are still going to claim that vote as an endorsement of their leadership though. It's something I'm trying to figure out myself right now - my local Labour candidate is a good guy, but I really don't want to support the Labour Party in general.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Strom Cuzewon posted:

On a similar note, how come bishops move diagonally and not in one of the cardinal directions?

Boo.

Also in case you wanted an actual answer, they used to be boats, so they move diagonally to tack into the wind.