Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Jose posted:

Lol who could for predicted this? Wonder how "it's just the flu" people will spin it

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...HI8eeMwqaJA58C8

Since we've all started working at home, the sickness rates at work have apparently gone way down. I think it's a mixture of people not getting sick, and people who're slightly sick continuing to log in because it's less effort than going in and they don't have to worry about infecting anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

You can buy a Rotimatic - roti making robot.

It costs £1000 :(

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

WhatEvil posted:

Roti are good though. I should probably try making some since I have loads of Atta flour I bought when I couldn't find decent white/bread flour.

You know what are good though? Frozen parathas - parathas are an Indian bread that again lots of people, even those who regularly eat Indian food, have never had. They're thicker than a rhoti/chapati and are layered with ghee. Look for "Shana" brand ones in the frozen section of your supermarket. You cook them straight from frozen in a medium-hot dry pan for ~3 mins and they come out drat-near as good as ones you'd get at a good restaurant. Frozen Naan are OK but nowhere near as good as restaurant ones. I think it's something to do with the fat content of paratha which makes the frozen ones cook so well.

Yeah, frozen Parathas are the best. I have two packs and they're great. There's a small grocers in Maidstone that has them.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I did some emoji charades for one of our work ones. Will upload to google when on main PC

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Vitamin P posted:

The most recent Cap Brit book I read had Faiza take on the role

not suprised to learn that didn't last.

Is that from Captain Britain and MI 13? She's never Captain Britain. She wields Excalibur and it's her codename too, but Captain Britain is always Braddock.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Angrymog posted:

Is that from Captain Britain and MI 13? She's never Captain Britain. She wields Excalibur and it's her codename too, but Captain Britain is always Braddock.

Oh, according to Wikipedia she apparently briefly adopts the name in Age of Ultron as a sort of backup in case Braddock dies.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

sebzilla posted:

Second year of pay freeze for me coming up. We *might* get one in August/September instead of the usual April bump if things pick up by the summer. Sucks balls either way.

Same. Also paired with statement that we're doing much better than expected, which makes it galling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Supermarket chat. I haven't been to the supermaket as much recently because I started getting meal boxes about half the time, but I went yesterday and I noticed it looking distinctly emptier. Not shortage levels, just noticeably emptier. Anyone noticed simillar?