Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
They spent so much energy and probably money loving over the labour left so even if they discovered that yes, the british public would actually really like leftist policies, they can't anymore. Their choices are gently caress around in the middle committing to nothing or move right chasing the tories. We're so blessed that they have currently decided to merely be useless centrists. Remember, leftism is now anti-Semitic. Can't backtrack now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Barry Foster posted:

Oh I'm fully jokerfied, but anger is the first step on the road to true nihilism

True nihilism is just game over only you're hanging around causing trouble

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
nah just kidding, it's great. Have fun.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking that a lot of the nationalism of the UK and US is down to the amount of people with nothing else. No hope for anything getting better. But there's always ARE COUNTRY.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

corbyn won more votes in total in 2017 than labour has managed since 1983 and equalled the 2001 election

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1356919312649445379?s=20

Why does poo poo like this never seem to get retweeted and go viral even amoung lefties? Twitter engagement in this country is so weird.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ just lol if you didn’t have a crisis about mortality in like may, get over it and not give a gently caress about dying anymore. Being able to work from home hosed some of you up almost as much as not being able to did the rest of us.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Guavanaut posted:

What's the issue with

anyway?

Not the on-paper issue, the actual one? Is it that the extended family has always been at odds with the state to some degree, and the nuclear family, being unstable without state support, works better for a managerial society?

It’s racism. White Anglo culture is to flee your home the moment you are an adult and sink or swim.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm not giving up oval office you Cunts I'm Scottish it's my birthright to call everything a oval office as a pseudonym for basically anything.

I'll call my toast a buttery wee oval office I don't give a gently caress.

Yeah I think i'm officially old now because certain parts of this forums attempts to retire 'bitch' seems like a solution for a problem no one had

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Red Oktober posted:

I do something similar, "god, you're boring", but I'm also a fan of "you weird oval office" - people seem to fixate on the 'weird' part.

I take it you haven't spent much time in the out group.

Being in the out group used to mean death.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Not So Fast posted:

Wait what, chemical weapons?

*nods* I saw it

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

big scary monsters posted:

Posting bad takes from The JC is shooting fish in a barrel. It's just another far-right rag, except with the gimmick of claiming to speak for an entire religion in order to deflect criticism.

It's worse than that. It's actively demoralizing. Bad faith arguments meant to disparage everything the left stands for, directly into our brains. It's not something that will spur discussion or that anyone can do anything about. It's just gibberish by the media class which is currently a cult dedicated to centre-right politics.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
The worms will be spreading both ways. I assume western culture war bullshit is loosely coordinated and the UK has shown that it is a very good stick to beat the left with. There's usually much more pushback in the US through, I assume because there's many more young jewish people who really don't like the way Israel is going.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

big scary monsters posted:

It's unfortunate that some people have preexisting conditions, such as children or active social lives, that make lockdown especially hard for them. But IMO their sacrifice is a small price to pay so that childless asthmatic shutins can continue to live normally.

Seems like a hot take but I’m not sure tbh

Like it seems like ‘childless asthmatic shutins’ has an implied judgement but I dunno??

I get that there’s tension between groups but this really seems like you think we’ve reached the point where we should triage the childless, the asthmatic and the shy

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 13, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Breath Ray posted:

are holidays in the uk ok because we have a family one booked for late may :thumbsup:

You might be indirectly responsible for people dying, nothing major

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The advert for me on that page was for 800quid ps5s on ebay. lol gently caress.

I guess it makes sense if you're so deep in the capitalism bubble that you haven't even considered just making everyday items arbitrarily rare and expensive would be a bad thing. To a good capitalist it's a perfectly rational thing to do. What happens when everything is too expensive for the plebs is something for other people to think about, those economist people, they get paid to sort that stuff out.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

I’m surprised this thread isn’t going to dismiss such data as being irrevocably tainted by ethnonationalism and immediately call for a boycott until another more acceptable country reproduces the results.

Where the gently caress did this come from?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pesky Splinter posted:

Bleak, but not unsuprising given that they've been basing every policy on scattershot whim for the last year, regardless of what every epidemiologist has been saying - more interested in speedrunning to "normalcy", not having to function as an actual state to help people, and a return to their default of siphoning off money for them and their mates.

And now they know they can get completely get away with it, given that they're standing on 110k+ skulls and no-one seems to care. They have a supine media, and compliant opposition on their side.

I mean we care and what are we doing? What can we do? There’s probably lots more like us. What do we do about any of this? I feel like the time for blood was before covid even happened. Much like I feel a functioning country would have had to address the cultural gammon/everybodyelse 50/50 split we find ourselves in. Instead we’ve limped on and now I don’t know what the gently caress. But I don’t think any of it is because no one cares, or worse, likes what the Tories are doing.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Feb 22, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

gh0stpinballa posted:

https://twitter.com/wearetruthers/status/1351227022312435713?s=19

found this garbage and now i want you all to suffer too

Yeah man wallow in the toxic poo poo. What's the worst that could happen?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Josef bugman posted:

Y'all want to feel old?

This no longer happens to me since I went 'i'm old'

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
its ok because Lovecraft didn't profit from his works when he was alive and is very unlikely to be profiting now.

OR IS HE?

cat tax:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
There's the laundry files RPG which is cosmic horror.

Dunno if Charles Stross has done anything terrible???

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ugh but at the same time a victory is a victory

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Guavanaut posted:

Are we talking more like going back 30 years like BTTF or 13 seconds like Galaxy Quest?

Cognitive displacement along your own world line. But only as far back as when you get the nanomachines obviously.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ash Crimson posted:

we should be flinging our ugly, disgusting greasy bodies against the walls of the house of the closest tory

only then can we impact upon real change

You first

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ash Crimson posted:

My friend, my body is already shattered against the wall of the local labour mp

I don't know who my MP is other than they're the Tory who replaced Guto Bebb, one of the 6 Tories shitcanned for standing up to Brexit

Since Keith i'm basically retired in terms of giving a gently caress about politics. I'm not without hope, i'm just saving the batteries until there's a point again.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I feel people are just wasting energy that's going to be needed later. It's not like it's just Labour politics that are hosed. The whole nation is dysfunctional. No one is happy and no one knows what they even want. The worst of the gammons actually think any day now we're going to sail out with our battle fleet of 800 ships and colonise the world again. Any day now. How the gently caress is anything supposed to work when these are your voters?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ANYTHING YOU SOW posted:

What makes me stay in Labour (for now at least) despite the Labour right being terrible and in ascendancy is that I think the left has a chance in taking back the party.

The thing is that although the right is ruthless and absolutely dedicated to trot bashing, they are also deluded about their levels of support and just bad at politics.

Example include:
It was the right who wanted to introduce OMOV and the £3 supporters, which completely backfired on them.
They hosed up the suspension of Corbyn with the NEC reinstating him.
Someone was stupid enough to store their incriminating backed up whatsapp messages in their official party email account.

This is just my opinion but i'd strongly disagree that the left's ever getting power back in Labour and even if they did its tainted. If there's any hope for the left then its in a new party, optimally one made from Labour left splitters, that then fights in the ongoing 'culture war'. One with fire in its belly that outright states all landlords should get in the sea and other incendiary poo poo. Be the dangerous leftists the press says Labour is anyway. It's loving tiresome, this circus of pretending everything is normal, or that we can even get back to normal. Covid, climate change, unrest, inequality. It's all going out of control. Nothing is going to put these fires out. They're going to have to burn themselves out. The Tories and Labour are dinosaurs that won't survive the violence to come. The fight is going to be what new politics emerge out of the rubble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
honourable posting :hai: