Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

This misuse of Captain Britain imagery must not stand, OG Cap Brit rejected Excalibur and that's why he became a hero

Starmer embracing All The Worst Bits of flag-hugging is not Cap Brit at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Given what experience in parliament means I would prefer someone without it tbh.

Experience in government does correlate with being Bad tbh, establishment people can sometimes make the right noises but they'll always let you down

I'm reading Captain Britain comics this evening didn't plan it but that's what's happening

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

The Question IRL posted:

The ironic thing is, at the moment Brian Braddock (the on-again/off-again Captain Britain) has a beard and looks more like a younger, swoller Jeremy Corbyn than he does Sir Keir Ktammer*.

The most recent Cap Brit book I read had Faiza take on the role

not suprised to learn that didn't last.

forkboy84 posted:

I've been reading through *all of Marvel from Fantastic Four #1 for nearly 2 years and am nearly up to 1990. I already want to go back and reread the Alan Moore Captain Britain stuff (The Daredevils in particular was a cool book because as well as including Moore's Cap and Miller's Daredevil you get Alan Moore writing about stuff. Like him going to a convention or him reviewing fanzines which was so loving cool).

*All in this case basically meaning main 616 continuity that is on Marvel Unlimited or I can find :filez: of. And that isn't super powering, for instance Werewolf By Night in the 70s quickly became a must skip. See, he turns into a dog and he's called Jack Russell, geddit?

Don't know what filez means but theres a lot of comics here dunno if that helps https://readcomiconline.to/

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

/\ Is MI;13 the series that had the punk Tinkerbell and 'John Lennon was a Skrull defector'? because if so yes. That said the panel says she's Cap Brit and that was definitely the vibe I got from the defending-London-Bridge-and-the-Sword-accepts-her story but fair enough, will not pretend to expertise on modern Cap Brit.

LordVorbis posted:

Oh god I am turning into duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust.

I'd hope not, Dust was done dirty by Marvel being like 'we wanna be inclusive what should the muslim mutant be? well they would definitely be all about the desert so like sandstorms? maybe they just turn into sand no not sand, say dust? actually that works make that her codename. should we make the niqab at least look like it's also an x-men uniform, that look has a lot of really interesting avenues actually- nah gently caress that just make it black so people know its a niqab. Also make the boobs huge.'

Vitamin P fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 5, 2021

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Borrovan posted:

Kieth's political beliefs are literally whatever he thinks will make people like him at the time. Hence why no fucker likes him.

Anyone claiming to know what his actual, private beliefs are is clearly beholden to far more information about him than the general public.

He's pure obedience doctrine, which isn't a thing but I'm gonna try and make a thing.

It's complete obedience to whatever the power structure demands of him at the time, which is obviously neoliberalism-with-racist-characteristics in the grand sense but moment to moment Keith will absolutely do a cringe photo taking a knee when BLM are briefly powerful, he'll absolutely lie about being lefty to the membership for a leadership election, he'll absolutely be the biggest Remain guy when that's an emotive wedge issue, he'll absolutely declare hard Leave is fine actually when emotive wedge issues no longer benefit him, he's functionally a sort of jellyfish.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

namesake posted:

People like Bastani should defend themselves from lovely defamation like that but you're fooling yourself if you think that'll make anything stop.

Bastani's an interesting case, when Long-Bailey was sacked for retweeting an Independent article by Maxine Peake he pointed out, correctly, that Peake should be suing gently caress out of the Labour Party for libel that her piece was antisemitic in the slightest.

It's obviously not financially viable for most people to defend themselves against defamation but I honestly think Bastani would see the greater benefit in doing it.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

therattle posted:

The Israeli security services did not train the police who killed George Floyd. They did not learn that tactic from the Israelis. The American police are quite capable of figuring out how to oppress people all by themselves - they’ve had enough practise. Drawing a link between George Floyd’s murder and Israel where there is none is what? An innocent mistake? A classic antisemitic trope is blaming Jews (or the Jewish state) for all the ills in the world. US police are trained by many other countries but only Israel was mentioned. Curious.

To be very loving clear I don't think any police service in the world trains its officers to murder civilians. Call me a bootlicker for that if thou wilt.

To merely state facts Israeli security services are defending a settler-colonialist state from aggressive locals, and the majority of US states do combined training between local police and Israeli contractors. Peakes was making an observation, that you are absolutely correct she shouldn't have stated as fact, that Chauvin vs Floyd looks a lot like IDF vs Palestinians.

What's "curious" is that Judaism has literally nothing to do with any of the discussion, cannot stress enough that my mates/frankly any jewish person are not an ethnic shield you can use to defend systemic nationalistic wrongdoing.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

I... think the US literally does do that, though. They have a whole bunch of programs about poo poo like "warrior" and "sheepdog" mentality where they literally train cops to be basically judge dredd, and that everyone is trying to kill them and that they shouldn't think twice about doing whatever they think is right because they literally are the law.

I suppose, if you're very charitable, you could interpret this as being well meaning but the practical effect is that they are literally just training their cops to murder civilians through a combination of perceiving everything as a threat and dehumanizing non-cops.

Right but that cringe poo poo has to be weighed against the legal responsibilities and workplace guidelines US cops nominally, and let's be real broadly, have to follow, ACAB etc but I'm 100% certain that a random group empowered with US cop powers and no accountability would behave significantly worse than the current US cops do, and given that cops tend to be authoritarian right-wing bullies that suggests the accountability measures are doing something positive.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

They give them guns and tell them to shoot on sight, what exactly do you think that is for?

What country are you talking about?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

In the End of History days the NHS was just something to extract profit from to help the rich, the pandemic has shown that a functional health service can reduce potentially much bigger economic hits to the rich from being so severe.

There's nothing moral happening here, it's just that the previous extractive immorality has been shown by events to be less profitable than other potential extractive immoralities.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

therattle posted:

(FWIW I think RLB’s sacking on the basis of a weakly AS quote was bullshit too, and clearly Starmer taking an opportunity to fire her).

That is obviously the case but you don't have to add those brackets caveats, your views are coherently lefty and incidentally jewish far more than they're defined by what establishment discourse and social orthodoxy judaism suggests they should be. Even when I go hard against the point I do appreciate your take you seem like an honest actor, you don't need to justify yourself like that the good faith is assumed, for me at least.

big scary monsters posted:

Look, I'd never claim Andrew Neil is a nonce, there really isn't enough evidence to support that. But I do think there would be value in an open, free and thorough exploration of the subject in a national newspaper.

He's 100% in the establishment child rape crowd. The idea that Andrew Neil isn't a nonce is more logically absurd than the idea that Andrew Neil isn't a nonce.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

I still dont know why this has caused Jess's meltdown but its extremely funny to me that the people Starmer paid off as a favour have now dropped him in the poo poo too.

In the 'maliciousness vs incompetence' swinging dial I'm legit surprised at how many scumbag people seem to be surprised that Starmer is loving Useless as the most generous take they can realistically have on his performance.

I honestly think they maybe assumed that the media bias against Corbs would be swung 1-to-1 to being positive media towards Keith. And they are correct that Keith has and will continue to recieve disproportionately postive coverage but that positive bias can't make up for a leader that fundamentally just isn't doing anything.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

For what it was designed to be its actually quite good. One of the better pieces of modern public art-architecture. The memorial park is also an absolute oasis if you have a small person and are in London.

Yeah it is legit really nice, granted the only times I've ever been in Hyde Park have been long summer evenings to sink a few cans and dick about on the swan boats before a night out but there are constantly families hanging out there just relaxing and playing. Christ knows how many kids have lost both incisors slipping on the fucker but eh.

CoolCab posted:

you know, if i recall the last time i had this particular sensation of working against the UKMT was, if my recollection serves me i think back in the people's vote days - i would say, "that's insane" and "that would cost us the election" , and "people would react in an extremely negative way to their vote being negated and we would the north for a generation", etc and i would get back "brexit is a racist endeavour", "people deserve a vote", "labour may lose the cities (lmao) if we don't support this" etc - things possibly trivially true but completely unrelated to my point.

it was impossible to argue about the instance that we were talking about because instead people listened to their social media bubbles and the press, got told that the second vote was possible, moral and desirable and that corbyn would survive it - in fact could never possibly survive not aiming square for his own foot. i think about that sometimes.

It wasn't insane, people respond to what informs them, but you're totally correct the UKMT was hostile as gently caress to anything that wasn't this wierd 'second-ref is good, neoliberal technocrats are bad except when they're good actually, populist democracy is good except when it's bad actually, electoralism is !?!(confusing and potentially a spook???)'.

The UKMT is way better now I think but you're not wrong it was an authoritarian rad-lib shitshow back then and actively cracked down on even expressing points like yours that were fine at the time and obviously correct in hindsight.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Scikar posted:

Can only speak for myself here, but at least for me a large part of the mental strain of lockdown is not the lockdown itself. I know it's for a good reason and I will happily sign up for more if it means saving lives. The stress comes from knowing that all of that collective sacrifice is going to be squandered by this government. They already wasted the first lockdown in the name of making number go up, 100k are dead and they show no sign of breaking the cycle, or even being challenged to do so by current Labour leadership. So no, I'm not going to feel any better if the rules are relaxed and I can exercise properly again, when I know that the process of doing so is going to kill even more in another wave. I'm not going to recover mentally until the pandemic is under control, lockdown or no lockdown.

not an empty quote

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Apart from ATOMS stupidity is there a particular reason not to think about voting Green? I know they're a bit melty but look at the competition here.

As a former Green member and paid employee for the party they are profoundly unserious about achieving any of their stated aims. If you've ever read Polly Toynbee you'll get the vibe, it's people that are happy, comfortable and well-paid pointing out problems but actively shrinking away from doing anything difficult that might materially help the solutions be achieved because the status quo is comfortable for them. The leadership are over-paid hobbyists exploiting people that actually want to save the planet.

There's some stuff that contractually I don't know if I can say but here's a really neat public example

https://twitter.com/sianberry/status/1321825660030095361?lang=en

On the day that Corbs got kicked from Labour there were obviously people that were previously in Labour feeling that's a bridge too far and they quit the party, don't think that's smart but some people were obviously gonna do it. The response from the leader of the Greens, the obvious home for those people, was complete aggression, it was cosigning all the obviously biased, bad-faith, hateful media presentation that people who wanted a lefty alternative to lovely neoliberalism were actually inherently suspect bigots. It was disgusting on it's own but was also emblematic of how useless the Greens are, if the leadership actually gave a gently caress about systemically helping the planet it would recognise that there is no possible loving path to saving the planet that involves actively placating the Daily Mail, the existing power structures will have to be tackled at some point, but that's not what the Greens choose to do.

Vitamin P fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 13, 2021

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

I've never seen a good argument against flight mile quotas. Basically everyone gets a certain number of miles they're allowed to fly each year, enough that a normal person wouldn't hit the limit. The rich with their insatiable plane-lust will obviously want more so they can buy more miles from poorer people that can sell the miles they wouldn't have been using anyway.

Creates a new market that efficiently transfers wealth from rich to poor people and normalises the idea of flight restrictions, which assuming no magical clean tech emerges is going to have to be limited at some point so the planet doesn't die.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Scikar posted:

This would be lovely for the same reasons as fishing quotas and carbon credits. The airlines, who don't care who is flying as long as somebody is and pays for it, would continuously lobby for the quota to be as high as possible. The tiny proportion of frequent flyers who currently account for a vastly disproportionate amount of the travel and carbon emissions would argue that their travel is now not causing any problems so long as they pay for the credits. And you just know that any money people did make from selling their credits would be deducted from any benefits they might receive anyway - it's unlike to leave the poorest any better off. All that effort, little help to those who need it the most, no effect on climate change, and the rich have an excuse to deflect blame for it. If you're going to put up quotas, they should be fixed, non-transferrable, and tax the everliving gently caress out of any travel that exceeds them.

Airlines will lobby against anything which limits flights to address climate change, without magic clean tech being imminent that's a fake argument because it could be applied to literally any measure that reduces flight miles within capitalism. There's no reason to declare flight miles would necessarily be reduced from benefits, that's stupid 'ugh donchaknow any policy idea is actually bad because hellworld' it's a massive catastrophising assumption.

Borrovan posted:

Anything that wasn't deducted straight from benefits or hoovered up by predatory brokers would be negated anyway when most of the population immediately starts selling all of their miles every year and markets adjust to suck the extra money straight back off them (much like UBI without rent/price controls). The only effect would be that only rich people can travel at all, which they continue to do literally all they want.

Why do you idiots assume that this would have anything to do with benefits, the entire concept is that it's a universal measure and please give me a more specific definition of 'predatory brokers' because a single desirable commodity with a perhaps floating but fundamentally reliable value seems like 'predatory brokers' would be a non-issue. "The only effect would be that only rich people can travel at all" is such a massive reach that you need to justify it at least somehow.

FYI it's fine to say 'i dunno that policy might cause problems' but you morons are declaring it awful based on absolutely no logical reasoning.

At the risk of realising there's a sinister new Type of Guy he looks eerily similar to the worst of the north london righty cunts.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Scikar posted:

You claimed it would be an efficient wealth transfer from the rich to the poor, and you didn't even bother to claim it would actually reduce carbon emissions from aircraft, only that it would lay the groundwork for future flight restrictions (when? after it's already too late?). You made these assertions without any reasoning or consideration for how they would actually happen. But of course, the people pointing out ways that it might not work are the idiots.

If all citizens equally recieve a resource that the wealthy luxuriat and business fliers disproportionately use and a single specific market mechanism would allow that resource to be traded then you are insane to say it wouldn't be an incredibly efficient wealth transfer mechanism. It would also be politically popular, or at least achievable, because '99% of people get money directly from the richest 1%, it's not charity or taxation it's The Market' is npt a contentious or difficult concept it's populist in the best possible way.

"(when? after it's already too late?)" now you have to do more than critique because you're claiming a flaw of the policy is that it's insufficient and only lays the groundwork for future more effective policy and yeah no poo poo, I acknowledged that in the first post. If you think it's bad then suggest a more effective policy.

Scikar posted:

I disagree that it would be an efficient wealth transfer. Maybe you could include some numbers here so we could evaluate what qualifies as efficient. I also don't think it would reduce emissions, presumably you don't either as you didn't claim it - assume the airlines get no say in this policy, and you limit total passenger miles to say 50% of current. The airlines could reduce the number of seats on planes and raise prices - same number of flights, similar level of emissions (maybe we can be generous here and say they will favour smaller, more efficient aircraft, but aircraft purchasing cycles are measured in decades), only now that one holiday abroad per year is too expensive for some people who can currently afford it.

If you want to say this is a good policy, show some working. Maybe then you can call people idiots.

I legit think that doing the numbers would support my point, and if you want to keep being an obnoxious wee prick in defense of (?) then we can do that but your disagreement that a resource distributed universally wouldn't lead to redistribution seems logically incoherent.

Also you seem to be assuming a flexibility of assets that is literally impossible for the airline industry, planes are a big deal.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

This is why people end up blaming the former on immigrants rather than wealth distribution. They'll probably blame the latter on immigrants too when climate refuge becomes a major issue.

I can't see people getting the same degree of angry about distant pangolins than they did about their rivers being on fire, which kicked off the initial wave of environmental enthusiasm, whereas I can see people being directly angry about being worse off and blaming it on all sorts of things (see also lockdowns, mask mandates, 5G, and global lizards as well as migrants).

e: ^^^ free speech!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snpuJ0Bk88o

Thats a pro-click loving video.

Edit: That video communicates so much stuff I've been lurching at and am not smart enough to put into words. It's insane that free speech is somehow culturally a right-wing thing, it's objectively profoundly untrue, gently caress the 'lefties' that embrace censorship idiot authoritarian scumbags. I wish I'd seen this video three years ago.

Vitamin P fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 14, 2021

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

What should you do if you don't have a solicitor and the police want to talk to you? Can you pull out your phone and start googling solicitors or do you have to accept one the police provide or what?

You say "I'm really sorry, would love to help, but I've been advised by my solicitor not to make any statements to the police before speaking to them,". You then say you don't have your solicitors number in your phone and don't feel comfortable saying the name of the firm. If they really press then you call your mate and say "Hey turns out I don't have their number saved in my phone, do you mind texting it to me?" and then if your mate is sound they send a text 3 hours later saying 'hey couldn't find the number, are you in trouble?".

Julio Cruz posted:

it owns so much that the media were just begging to give him an easy ride and he wasted all that goodwill by not having a single actual policy

now the knives are out and he's about to find out what happens to your polling when the papers have decided you've outlived your usefulness as a patsy

it's going to be glorious and I cannot wait :allears:

I'm genuinely curious what's gonna happen. Keith ticked all the boxes for nu-blair; he manipulated enough of a demoralised left into voting for him then went full stalin purges against the left, has signalled absolute obediance to neoliberalism and has continually maintained having a haircut. Honestly I'm legit surprised at how badly he's loving it he's pissing away torrents of press goodwill.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Ash Crimson posted:

I prefer to just call Britain a poo poo hole

I realise you're an ethnonationalist idiot but a genuine Galaxy Brain Meme moment most politically aware people have at some point in their lives is that Britain is actually pretty good.

If your soul was floating down to earth and you were gonna be gay or trans then the UK would be a good spot to aim for. If you were gonna be a woman it would be a good spot to aim for. If you were gonna be disabled it would be a good spot to aim for. This is objectively true if measured against almost any other place a soul might happen to land.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Is offering them stuff only to have them say "no we're good without it" and then fall on their rear end outsmarting them? Seems he only outsmarted the lib dems in the same way that the eu outsmarted him.

Yeah it seems like David Cameron is the actual good guy in this story? The EU offered to throw migrants under the bus to stop brexit, but Cameron (like everyone) was confident enough that Remain would win that he told them no don't do that?

loving lol that the EU offer to shore up the vote was immigration rather than any of the systemic inequality pain machines though.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Necrothatcher posted:

Re contrapoints- I just don't like that every video has to be like 90 minutes long. Condense that poo poo I've got things to do.

Hard disagree, contra is amazing because she steelmans the 'opposing' view, doesn't cuck away from strongly supporting a stance but also admits if she's not sure about something, and it's all wrapped up in self-deprecating honesty and high aesthetic.

Like if we consider "Youtube video" a new medium then I'd call this the best example of that medium, it loving rules https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1dJ8whOM8E

It can't really be condensed. If you want a video that just affirms your views in the most efficient time possible then honestly try mirror affirmations instead.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

kecske posted:

I think its probably supposed to be duck away

Bless you but no it wasn't mistyped, right wing labour cunts making a new party named so it would be abbreviated to CUKs is still top 20 funniest things that have ever happened in the UK.

endlessmonotony posted:

Also I don't mind Nat's comments about enby folks because it's clear she's a shitposter who got a way bigger audience than she expected and responded the way shitposters do.

Of course, I didn't expect her to be correct, just entertaining.

She's a garbage fire with poorly thought out opinions, and yet the ability to learn. And that would be the exact reason I keep watching.

She's obviously not a garbage fire and obviously doesn't have poorly thought out opinions.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Namtab posted:

A dark part of me wants labour to lose more vote share but that wont happen. This fucker aint winning an election tho

Starmers Labour winning the next election is still more likely than not.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

this seems wrong on like a couple of counts

Do you think the tories are doing a bang-up job?

They've hosed up a crisis moment, their only trump card of delivering brexit has been played already and Starmer is zero substantial threat to the establishment, we've had over a decade of tory rule why wouldn't a superficial change to dogshit labour be imminent?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

Does anyone know a good place to find out more info on your local council and/or the people who run it?

peanut- posted:

I am really conflicted about the idea of loving up Labour at local elections.

Local elections really matter. Councils aren't deciding on Britain's broad economic approach or the importance of trade unions or the role Britain should play in Europe. They're deciding how your local social care budget is spent. Whether you get bike lanes and more play parks. Whether there's any affordable housing requirement in new developments, whether your library stays open, and if we close all youth clubs in exchange for a £1.50 cut in council tax. How much latitude is given to the psychotic free school that happens to be in a very Tory voting area.

It's poo poo that immediately affects your life and the lives of vulnerable people in your area. I don't want to make where I live more poo poo and cruel to make Kieth understand that I would like corporation tax to increase by 2% actually.

Maugrim posted:

Been wondering this myself - where are all you super informed people who can reliably determine which councillors are good or bad getting your info from?

namesake posted:

If they're already a councillor then local press might have some articles about what they do or say but otherwise it's a total crapshoot.

I'm only halfway through it and culturally it's US not UK but all of you should read Politics Is For Power.

Ms Adequate posted:

Bad as Labour have been for much of my life I confess I'm blindsided by them going "No, we mustn't raise corporation tax!" in response to the tories going "we might need to raise corporation tax a bit"

Yeah that took me by surprise as well, my worldview was that the Labour strategy was to be inoffensive and passively win it's insane that they've lurched to the right this hard.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Speaking as someone who got probed by a D&D mod for white noise posting (I admit I got carried away but even my meltdown was, IMO, contentful) I definitely would prefer they stayed away from here.

Your probation was 100% bollocks, US mods need to be well away from this thread.

Vitamin P fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 26, 2021

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

John brown's body is fairly good but then you can also just sing solidarity forever which is better.

You are ignoring that there is a vein of yank vibes that will gently caress up any honest englishman

Cringe as it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJTCKol8VFU does hit me

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

crispix posted:

what do yous think keir's election tune will be

a somehow less soulful version of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YttscNOoAjA ?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Tarnop posted:

Liverpool nominated a decent left wing mayoral candidate, and look what happened there. Are we sure the same kind of stitch up isn't possible? Currently, party staffers appear to be able to do whatever the gently caress they want to supposedly democratic processes, and this is happening from CLP level and up

There does come a point when the anti-Labour people need to present an actual alternative. The only reason you know about the (disgusting btw) bollocks that's happening in Liverpool is because there were lefty people there still being members and pushing. If they weren't there then the scum would have just chosen some neolib pedophile and that would be all she wrote.

Yes the Labour Party is being run by hateful pieces of poo poo, we're hanging in there because it's logically the best course even though it feels degrading. If the lefties surrendered Labour then what would happen? What would be better? 'lefty candidates are blocked within labour!' well it looks like lefty candidates are blocked outside labour too maybe take a moment to think on it

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

FYI literally every poster that just pretended 'liking where you grew up' is the same as 'hateful nationalism' needs to Build Back Better you morons derailed thrice what could have been good topics to instead post dogshit.

Lungboy posted:

Sweet, thanks for this. Do you guys take requests? I'd love to hear an explainer on Sturgeon Vs Salmond for sassenachs.

Don't know about requests but they definitely take inspiration from this thread. I'll second you, PiP really should weigh in on that issue, it's shameful and frankly problematic that they haven't already honestly.

Edit; \/ \/ Express yourself however you want baby

Vitamin P fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 28, 2021

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Grilled tomato, easily?

Mental, the tomato counteracts the saltiness of the other items you need that little burst of deep-flavour sweet.

If the meal were presented with toast then the hash brown can gettaway, if not then the mushrooms but would be extremely sad to see them go.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

stev posted:

Tip those beans right in the bin. I'm not sure why there are two different types of bacon but I'm willing to roll with it.

They did the thing where the body of the rasher is cut off after it's cooked but then the streaky bit sits in the pan for a few more seconds to crisp up a little, it's god-tier cafe stuff.

Edit: I'll grant you that the lack of definite toast absolutely reduces the relative value of the beans but under no circumstances does that mean put them in the bin, behave.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

stev posted:

The toast is under the egg. A savvy move, as toast typically takes up an insane amount of valuable plate real estate.

Good spot, it looks like not enough toast for the meal but is enough that the hash brown is 100% the discarded item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

DesperateDan posted:

It's missing chips, peeled plum tomatoes cooked until the juice reduces and thickens, and that fried bread is gonna go soggy under the egg, it should be on a plate with the toast there instead on soak duty

If toast is ever on the plate from the start then we're looking at an imperfect breakfast to be fair, side plate or that wierd little vertical rack is fine though I'll admit a preference for a side plate if only to butter on.

Chips at breakfast is just wrong.