Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

kingturnip posted:

Labour's infantile obsession with focus groups and political consultants is entirely because they've misunderstood how Blair won elections.
They think it's because he triangulated and focus-grouped everything to death, when actually it's because he Human Centipeded himself to Murdoch's arse and rode the coattails of tabloid approval. The focus groups and triangulation were red herrings.

And they're so comfortable middle class that there's never been a reason for any of them to have their own ideas about policies. They choose the policies that are popular, and they know that these are popular because the tabloids praise the Tories when they talk about them.

this post should be framed imo - it encapsulates why labour is a loving lost cause

justcola posted:

I wonder who people are who end up in focus groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Convex posted:

Starmer is somehow less convincing as an effective opposition leader than Ed Miliband, how did this happen :psyduck:

i think it might be because ed behind the new labour waffle seemed like a quite likeable person whereas keir is quite obviously a complete oval office

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
taptam tom's scumbag family are worse than the mccanns for grifting

if that was a working class family they'd have been grassed up to the social for taking that poor old codger on holiday in the middle of a pandemic and the police would have blattered the door down and taken their kids away by now imo

GET ON THE FLOH GET ON THE FLOH GET ON THE FAHKIN FLOH NAOW GET ON THE FLOH GET ON THE FLOH

like that

crispix fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 2, 2021

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

kustomkarkommando posted:

https://twitter.com/endamcclafferty/status/1356650323792789506?s=19

DUP turning further to the right and openly cribbing from Jim Allister.

I'm sure this is not at all influenced by the recent poll that indicated their first preference vote share at the next assembly could fall by 9% leaving them fighting with alliance for second place, with only 1% between them, while the TUV where sitting on 10% (that's +7.5%)

i know you should be careful what you wish for but i just want to see them get their comeuppance so badly. Anecdotally it seems like they have lost the hardline vote due to riding the Brexit gravy train straight into a big pile of poo poo and Robin Swan as health minister has done a lot to win over their less insane voters

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
like i had a fair idea keir would be poo poo but :stare:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Matt Hancock is also on an awful lot of coke most of the time, even by tory standards imo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
no way hosay!!!!!!!!!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i was once in a restaurant in a town in ohio and the menu said walah!

that was about 10 years ago but i still think of it offentimes

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

He should go on Twitter as The Question SC and get in arguments with Joanna Cherry.

*glowers at u and points at wig*

simple as, m8.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I was in the hospital vaccination centre tonight at 6 waiting to get pfizered up and i had to do clapclaps for clapclap time lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
the gay nano-machines have already kicked in, i just turfed out all my chewing tobacco and led zep records and chuck norris films, i'm into steps and wearing scarves indoors now :sparkles:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
what on earth was happening inside that first lady's head when she went to a petrol station :psyduck:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
she was a real life monty python character

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
change these days young ones these days isn't like it was in my days them days good old days, we had good, proper change back then them days :bahgawd:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
jesus christ :cripes:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I really expected Keir when he won the leadership to be sort of milquetoast poo poo - I knew very little about him. I had no idea he was such an utter cretin and would be so spectacularly, actively poo poo lol :/

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
mystic crispix predicts he's going to wear a kilt to PMQs next

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

they disrespect our clapclap time taptamtom claps for britain heros!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
bajesis you always get one don't you

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Vitamin P posted:

To be very loving clear I don't think any police service in the world trains its officers to murder civilians. Call me a bootlicker for that if thou wilt.

you might want to read up on the RUC and the B-specials lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
keir is such an obsolete official opposition that it's caused him a veritable epiphany maybe

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
he is a verruca

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
STOAP HITTIN THAWT RESET BUTTAN YER GOIN TAE BREEK UT :mad:

it really seems like Baddiel and Linehan are on crusades because they couldn't admit to being wrong over one thing imo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
let's wind up the harry potter people on twitter by calling him ed davis imo :hehe:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I was at the covid vaccination centre for got get my plague-ward during the clapclap time for captain tom last week and i joined in clapclaps because i didn't want to be a dick tbh

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Gort posted:

That's exactly what everyone else there was doing too

it occurred to me it might be funny to shout GAARRRON TOM LAD like Michael off Alan Partridge but if i acted on all the impulses like that that pass through my brain each day i would most likely be imprisoned or sectioned in a matter of hours

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
jeremy corBIN aha! like the dustBIN of history which is where the old 1970s commie anti-semite belongs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :smug:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
*proposes green industrial revolution and nationalised broadband infrastructure*

AAAAAAH HE'S AN OLD 1970S DINOSAUR HE WANTS TO TAKE US BACK TO THE BINS NOT GETTING EMPTIED AND NOBODY TRIMMING THEIR PUBIC HAIR LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smug:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
MY NOIME

IS EHNDY PAWSONS

COWBIN...

IS BAD

:manning:

*audience goes wild*

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Failed Imagineer posted:

Man hands on property to man
It deepens like a coastal shelf

remind me of the old proverb, say he

*AHEM*

now let m'see if i can remembert right for yiz..

the man takes a drink :catstare:

the drink takes a drink :catstare:

the man...

takes

a man :catstare:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Failed Imagineer posted:

I never got the "drink takes a drink" part of that, reminds me of these ads you see on pubs

that still passes for drink driving guidance in rural parts in my experience

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
is Babestation still on the air?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i'll bet if you really dug you'd find that bloke has eaten nothing but jam sandwiches and crispy pancakes since he was 3, or something like that

just has that look about him imo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
ross kemp should do a documentary going around with those ice cream men who brave the snow imo

i would watch that

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i'll bet that Ross Kemp (:manning:) would do a bit where he sat on a stack of a half a dozen 330ml tin cases in the back of the ice cream van staring down at the camera, talking about how tough it is for the icy man in this weather but how he just keeps going - still squeezes that red sauce out of the squeezy bottle onto the whippy ice cream despite his hands being cold and the sauce also being somewhat on the congealed side, because of the cold

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
we want go on our holidays we look forward to our holidays every year why can't we have our holidays time sea sand sangria LoL we work very hard all year lads and beerz and bantz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :sparkles:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Jakabite posted:

Being a dick about people wanting to go on holiday after a year of lockdown misery isn't as good a take as most of this thread seem to think. God forbid people should be asking whether they might be able to go and do something enjoyable to blow off some steam in the near future.

there are other ways for people to enjoy themselves besides package holidays

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
go for a lovely walk

do some research on carparks and drive to a lesser known scenic one - wind down the windows and enjoy the scenery with a flask of tea and a cheese and pickle bap

stay at home and play video games and wash down a yard of jaffa cakes with a few bottles of theakston old peculier of an afternoon

the list goes on, i'm sure

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

NotJustANumber99 posted:

People have been fined for this though.

i meant these things as alternatives to going to magaluf or whatever the gently caress people do when lockdowns are eased again in a few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Jakabite posted:

Being a dick about people wanting to go on holiday after a year of lockdown misery isn't as good a take as most of this thread seem to think. God forbid people should be asking whether they might be able to go and do something enjoyable to blow off some steam in the near future.

i find it hard to sympathise with people who are gurning about being deprived of luxuries i have never had, yes