Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I feel like this discussion about the Bradford Score came up itt in the last few weeks BUT - Employees should have a little fake sick leave, as a treat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

blunt posted:

Kier's busy talking less, smiling more.

Pfft. Burr tried to conspire with Mexico against the US and start his own country. Keith doesn't exactly have that level of zeal

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

To which I would say - yes, but now do the BBC

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

what the gently caress lmao

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

hooman posted:

Maybe there's some ancient curse, that one country in the EU has to be run by total pillocks, and now that the UK has left, it's trying to find the new victim.

Interesting theory, only scuppered by looking at the current governments of probably every single EU country

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Feeling blessed to live in the green zone lol

https://twitter.com/MaxCRoser/status/1356203389630218243?s=19

Somehow I feel this is under representing the vast network of British tax havens, but I am not a Forensic finance freak

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Quietly Culled

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Starter calls on PM to "Leave It Out"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Because the debate has come up multiple times itt- we just got our new Smeg induction range fitted, and I just cooked a lovely paneer dhal with onion tarka. I can say it's the absolute tits, cooking is now a lot more enjoyable

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
All dal/dhal is good. Dahl is also good but can occasionally veer a little anti-Semitic

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Trying to think why I would ever need 2 instant pots at the same time. They are great tho

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

No bread in the house and buggered if i'm going shopping till next week so made bread; 1/3 kilo self raising flour, egg, salt, milk, olive oil, water, oven @ 200c and 40min later i have a loaf of bread.

No yeast, just mix it, punch it a bit and then dump it on a floured baking tray. :pervert:

That's a nice cake

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Have we had the inevitable "Turbo-Stalin Jeremy Corbyn very anti-Semitically makes nice statement about Captain Tom and the NHS, and then gets 9000 frothing replies about communist IRA Muslamic scum stealing Are Benefits"?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

thespaceinvader posted:

TBF if dril was posted every time it would be appropriate the thread would be nothing but dril tweets.

You're right, that WOULD be better

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Honestly that's demonstrating a better ability to absorb information and act on it in the public interest than he usually does. Sure it's a movie, but the premise is reasonable

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crispix posted:

Matt Hancock is also on an awful lot of coke most of the time, even by tory standards imo

Stop, stop, you're only making him cooler

Also, nice that people who need to be punched in the teeth are now wearing masks with targets on

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

peanut- posted:

Their victory lap over having made one correct decision in this whole catastrophe is nauseating.

Wait til they jump another 10points in the polls and then Kieth crosses the floor to let Boris use him as a footstool

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Grey Hunter posted:

Wasn't the vaccine plan post Cummings? So they have actually listened to the experts, got as much vaccine as they can then left it to more competent people to distribute it rather than throwing it to their mates.

Post-Cummings clarity

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

visa vie Scotland.

I try to not correct people when the meaning is unambiguous, but you're a solicitor so you should probably know:

It's vis-à-vis

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Btw I encourage anyone to call me out when I post wrong English. I'll probably cry slightly and add you to my enemies.xlsx but ultimately it will lead to growth

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crispix posted:

i was once in a restaurant in a town in ohio and the menu said walah!

that was about 10 years ago but i still think of it offentimes

I kinda feel that way about those Wahaca restaurants in the UK. But I guess they're just trying to be cute and the food is better than Nandos so whatever

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Ah yeah barristers, the jocks of the legal profession

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I like the concept of the Solidarity Fund being entirely funded by lovely poppy merch

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/gem_ste/status/1356919806230859776?s=19

:hmmyes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Thread, I need virtual pub quiz round ideas. We've been doing this over Zoom for nearly a year now and I'm out of juice. We've done endless movie trivia, Guess the Next Line, mashups, name the flag, general knowledge, identify the city from the aerial view, name this weird fruit, name this spaceship, name these songs from this Weird Al polka medley, name these Scooby Doo celebrity guest stars, and a million other rounds... Help

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
E: ^^^^^°° also very good , cheers. I knew crowd sourcing this was the right move

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

run a movie synopsis through google translate several times and then back into english and make them guess the movie

also: pixellate a famous movie scene and make them guess the movie (i had a round get harder and harder and to my astonishment someone guessed american beauty for the last question despite my image having 6 pixels in it)

Ooh these are good, ta

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Catzilla posted:

Comment or Commentariat?

Fortunately most of the participants are not brain broken enough to enjoy this

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jose posted:

smgdh at the disrespect of guava not renaming the thread Captain Tom Memorial 2021

United Kaptain Memorial Tom: Feb 2021 - being "not dead" can be good enough

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Some 90 year old arch tory heard about Qanon and decided that we couldn't allow a tunnels full of children gap.

That's what the service tunnel of the Channel Tunnel is for

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

I mean looking at what is quoted it presumably means that if you want to borrow they will pay you to borrow money off them, and if you want to save they will charge you for doing it.

Yes, except for the first part

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It's an area of the woods where Martin Clunes used to show people his bell-end

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Sounds like.an intersection of at least 3 fetishes

E; my depraved fetish is making the worst snipes of all time. You see I think about it all the time, 24/7 baby

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/jelly_pack/status/1357389401890975744?s=19

Eddie Marzipan exhibiting serious Normality

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/feb/04/oxford-trial-to-test-efficacy-of-mix-of-covid-vaccines-for-individuals

So is this a thing that is a potential good idea, or is it potentially a very bad idea being done to deal with low supplies of vaccines by chopping and changing them?

It's a very good idea, and would be regardless of supply issues. My main concern is that they enroll enough people for statistical power. But I think they can do some stats extrapolation poo poo to "borrow" statistical power from the preceding trials

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bobstar posted:

Twitter really needs a "and take a look at their entire profile" button. Or they would, if they cared about banning terrible people.

When you report you can suggest up to 5 of their tweets for review, which is kinda the same. They definitely don't care about banning terrible people tho

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Grapefruit juice can also increase the bioavailability of ketamine and other fun party drugs, not to mention boner pills. Grapefruit chemicals are your buddies, shutting down those Cytochrome P450 narcs that hang out in your liver

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

What is grapefruit good for sexually?

You could gently caress it like Timothee and the Giant Peach in Call Me By Your Name. Bit acidic though, might sting the bell-end

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dogatron posted:

I've taken drugs back in the day. I have also taken ket.

I would not describe ket as a fun party drug, or was I doing it wrong?

I've taken it at parties, where I've also had fun. The two things might not be hugely related tbh

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dogatron posted:

I did K once one my own and adding people to that mix would probably not have improved it. It was alright is the best I would say.

It's the drug of choice for intubating people with Covid before you put them on a vent.

Probably wouldn't bother now. Don't even really like weed around people these years, much nicer to have a few toots of my lil vape and watch weird movies by myself or just the missus. Peter Strickland's In Fabric was a recent great choice for this technique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Scary stuff. I'm assuming the disproportionate effect on BAME children just mirrors the disproportionate prevalence of COVID overall in the BAME community, though it's not implausible there's a causative link to something with a racial propensity like presence of sickle cell allele or something.

So doing the numbers 500k UK children are getting COVID a week, as of last month? Seems a little high.

Fatality seems thankfully low, but God knows what lifetime health concerns we're setting up for these kids