Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Failed Imagineer posted:

Feeling blessed to live in the green zone lol

https://twitter.com/MaxCRoser/status/1356203389630218243?s=19

Somehow I feel this is under representing the vast network of British tax havens, but I am not a Forensic finance freak

They just posted the updated 2021 version too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

He's just helping us to get further away from the EU.

Or helping the EU get us further away from them.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Is 'news' now just about posting the most utterly blatant bullshit for clicks?

(didn't even look at the article)

https://twitter.com/theipaper/status/1359130371217108994

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Borrovan posted:

I've got a :tinfoil:-theory that the supermarkets have been steadily pushing costs up for the last year so they've got a Brexit-buffer & people don't kick off, seems like every time I go shopping the price is way more than I'm expecting

CoolCab posted:

promotions have also grown slightly more rare in my observation

Yeah pretty much as soon as the pandemic started & any kind of food shopping became a massive chore, supermarkets scrapped lots of their offers and discounts. Hard to have any competition when the shelves are empty, all the home delivery slots booked for the next month, and walking across the road to check prices in Tesco required an hour in a queue.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

stev posted:

This is VONC territory now, surely?

There's no reason to rush any leadership challenge before the council elections.

The best time is after 'electable' Starmer loses a ton of votes.