Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

someone forgot about bovril

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Bread chat?

I sometimes fry a pan of diced chorizo to just about crispy and add the meat and reduced fat (cooled to room temp) from that to a standard white bread recipe dough, just before the second proof

It's a simplified version of a spanish pastry called hornazo that also has blood sausage and boiled eggs and stuff, traditionally baked to celebrate the return of sex workers to the city of salamanca after they got evicted for lent by the evil bishops

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Lungboy posted:

Diana didn't come to meet him, shameful.

diana on one gate, arrrr maddie on the other, churchill smiling down from a cloud while a spitfire is doing loops in the background, shooting poppies

stick that on a poo poo plate and make yourself a million

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I'm 50/50 split on whether the first coup comes before or after they get wrecked in may

:munch:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I think it's more from the right that much of a challenge would come, the leaked report is pretty much buried now and they have quietly gotten their assorted racist bullies, fraudsters and saboteurs of anti-semitism inquiries back into the party- but their pet ambulatory haircut has gotten nowhere in a year and is now taking a kicking in the press

It being a poo poo time to mount a coup never stopped them trying it before (useful to weaken the opponent) and 3 months is a very long time in politics right now

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36UrLDiTLvU

This is a great video for examining the fall of france during ww2 from a military perspective

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

The recycling of media personalities over decades to ensure a safe ecosystem of reliable opinion havers for capital to draw favour from/control criticism within the populace has created an increasingly reactionary, slowly shrinking and ever more incestuous clique that's utterly divorced from the realities of common life within the UK.

It doesn't matter if someone is generally a good comrade now, if they exist within the media ecosystem they will either be eventually co-opted and liberalised or just quietly dropped from mention unless they start providing a useful opinion again

*Edit

https://i.imgur.com/Nd7Av8M.gifv

Erm page 44 which is notable for 44 tawny owls within your area looking for fun (and rats)

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Feb 9, 2021

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Failed Imagineer posted:

So I guess he's been getting into some unsupervised Youtube algorithmic vortex and developing some wrong-think.

Bit late on this one but you literally can't get away from it. My main yt account only ever gets used on channels I'm subbed to that have chilled out stuff, on a machine that I don't look at political poo poo on but every so often my recommendations suddenly get a deluge of fash bullshit- a day or so ago it was multiple "louder with crowder" vids, some greasy sunglassed chud sat in a truck wanting to tell me about how biden is gonna take away my guns and an hour long video about how trump was brought down by the msm and soros and at least a dozen other obvious chudbait videos, en bloc, row after row of them.

Pistol_Pete posted:

The stated purpose of lockdown has been to protect the vulnerable and prevent the NHS from being overwhelmed. Once those goals are met, why continue it?

If you're arguing to continue the lockdown for months past that point, you need to say how long for and to what purpose.

The two stated purposes given aren't just moveable goalposts, they exist in some kind of quantum superposition where they exist both everywhere and nowhere at all- there's no definite win condition set.

Every member of my household has underlying conditions as specified by the nhs guidelines. I don't really feel like seeing how well my kids or wife can "take it on the chin"- a friend had covid 2 months ago- didn't suffer too much during the sickness phase compared with some but is now dealing with significant health issues and long term if not permanent and life changing damage to his kidneys.

The lockdowns we have had are essentially cargo-cult copies of ones performed in other nations. There is the language and some of the structure but at the heart was always the concern of capital- eat out to help out, go back to the office or get sacked, keep borders wide open, reopen the schools early, loopholes in regulations you could drive a bus through, people getting fined for walking around a park but not a single business fined for making staff come in for bullshit reasons... It was a sham, the failures for which are being greedily lumped onto a population already strictly conditioned to blame anyone but those actually in positions of power.

Shits hosed imo

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Pistol_Pete posted:

You're both talking as though effective vaccines don't exist and aren't being rolled out to millions of people right now this minute. Obviously there's a debate to be had about how and how quickly we relax restrictions as vaccination cover expands but if we can't relax things even once everyone's vaccinated, what's the point? I'm no fan of the government but a policy of beginning to relax restrictions once the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated and effectively ending all restrictions once everyone's vaccinated seems reasonable enough to me. I mean, what else are we supposed to do? Stay in lockdown forever?

I can't remember a time where the NHS was protected in any tangible sense from being overwhelmed and the vulnerable were protected, certainly not after experiencing a decade+ of austerity in poverty while disabled, having disabled kids and having to constantly chase down what remnants of medical and social care remain.

Much like with the sudden concern for kids mental health and education prospects under lockdown from commentators who spent the last decade cheering every savage cut and sneering at every expert who warned of the consequences- the root problems existed before this event, and ensured many of the current issues being struggled with.

That the stated goalposts for stopping "lockdown" are ridiculously open to debate and the fact that "lockdown" in the UK has largely been a sham are not indicators of me wanting permanent lockdown. I wanted one that actually worked, not a botch job designed to generate maximum capital followed by more readily preventable deaths. Again. And again.

I miss doing things more than I thought was possible. Yesterday morning I briefly spoke with my sister in law, now a NZ citizen. She was going out for a meal (a succulent Chinese one at that) and then to a concert and speaking even as a pretty devoted introvert and wannabe hermit I was choking on jealousy.

Which is still preferable to my lung fluids, thanks all the same.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Ms Adequate posted:

Love too be told that I should be grateful to live on terf island, a place so rapidly and deeply attacking trans rights that more than half the trans people I know here have plans on how to get out because the rhetoric is already so fevered, and escalating so rapidly. And most of those who don't have such plans lack them because of a lack of means rather than faith in the country.

Can we still vote up a threadban?

Because I think they earned it this time

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I heard from gibbo that all the lads are ready with their number ones in hand waiting for the order to go

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Bobstar posted:

I don't know what Keir Starmer sounds like :smuggo: The benefits of never watching video anything.

imagine a substitute teacher who is in the process of losing classroom discipline and is making appeals to the sensible members of the class who just want to get on

It complements and enhances the regular facial expression of "not sure if that fart felt wet"

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Is meaningful change through electoral politics even a plausible outcome at this point?

brb, someone just knocked at the door, hope it's not one of those spycops

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I could like england just fine if it wasn't for all the shitheads living there

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

bitterandtwisted posted:

How is Sarwar politically?

off the top of my head, millionaire business owner who screws his employees out of a decent wage and attacked them for trying to unionize

salt of the earth, man of the people etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

It's missing chips, peeled plum tomatoes cooked until the juice reduces and thickens, and that fried bread is gonna go soggy under the egg, it should be on a plate with the toast there instead on soak duty