Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The "it's a bad idea and everyone will die, full stop" thing with Mars isn't the lack of useful atmosphere or poison ground made of microparticulate rust, it's the complete lack of magnetosphere. Probably the only thing the original "Total Recall" got right were the mutations.

My suspension of disbelief still doesn't extend to three boobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Is this new Wesley Willis?

That is what passes for a reporter at Newsmax, apparently!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Looks like William Shatner is still trying to make TekWar happen

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1358198007842418693?s=20

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I have the bong I made out of a LAW. That's about as peak decor as my stoner rear end gets.

I'd offload it as art but I put Bob Ross' likeliness and Happ Trees on it so I can't exactly sell it. I'm also not sure who'd want it. I need to find a stash of cheap LAW tubes and start turning them into bongs for retail sale.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Oh, I'm aware. A one off probably wouldn't stir any poo poo. Bob being a vet, a vet making it, I'm sure someone would draw parallels and create more meaning from it other than "dude just wanted to say back blast area clear after taking a monster hit." Peace and weed claiming victory over the remnants of a device of war. That kind of garbage.

But I really like it and wouldn't want to sell it unless I could make another one handily. M72 law tubes aren't exactly cheap or abundant though. Mine was an already fired training aid at my last unit, where someone said to dispose of it. So I did, right into a foot locker.

Quite frankly, dude, that loving owns

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
cartels build submarines for the poor

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

facialimpediment posted:

I really really really want it to be true but even if it isn't:

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1362280070530945025?s=19

TED CRUZ COSPLAY

Edit: oh god I just typed Ted Cruz cosplay and put that idea on the internet gently caress

khaki shorts are cruz control for cool

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Was the Rover means tested? Do we really need to benefit the 1% of Mars when there’s plenty of space on the Moon that could be explored? Does an honest and well-intentioned space program really need a 2 mbps connection when less capacity bandwidth worked just fine for my dad’s generation?

Son, you don't means test a nuclear powered aircraft carrier on Mars, it runs on the plutonium standard

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
But what if Musk declares the roundabout to be the independent republic of Sealabia, a sovereign nation?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I think $150,000/year sounds like an adequate minimum wage, sure.

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh yeah, I never announced to this thread. I just got a kid, he popped out like 6 days ago.

Congratulations! And congratulations on failing to start any wildfires with the gender reveal! I feel like that's an accomplishment worthy of note in these trying times.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Wow. I am actually startled by this turn of events. (I'm not being sarcastic.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
In space news, Rocketlab has announced it is developing something that looks more or less like a clone of Falcon 9. First stage lands on an ocean platform. Curiously, they advertise 1500 pounds of payload to Mars/Venus, implying there's a specific market for that they're targeting.

https://www.rocketlabusa.com/rockets/neutron/