Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

No, they had /var/log pointed to flash instead of a ramdisk in production.

Apparently the logs were in verbose mode as well

loving lol

Linux loves to make logs for everything too, so that loving thing was generating a couple hundred MB of logs for a trip to costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

wins32767 posted:

Key phrase there is "start phasing out".

I mean 50k is too low. Especially since they're going off of last tax return filed which would be prior to covid, so someone who made 75k but lost their job in June and has been hosed for 6 months or is working as an uber driver or what-the-gently caress-ever would not get the full benefit.

There's no key phrase about it, it's too loving low. Means testing is dumb as gently caress anyways, a fig leaf to appeal to centrists, especially if you're using year old data from before the pandemic started.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 3, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

BUY BUY BUY 📈📈📈 SELL SELL SELL 📉📉📉 now HOLD onto this fat dick 😩🍆 bc the COCK MARKET 😏📊 is going crazy!! 🚀🚀🚀🚀👽 Robin Hood made the Games Stop ✋❌😢 and now the hedge funds want to keep all of daddies cummies for themselves 🥺💦💦 but we keep loving 🙇🏻😫 and sucking 💆🏻‍♀️🍆👅 and flooding the market with investments until daddies cummies 💦💦💦 are redistributed to the working class from the evil Wall Street cummy hogs 😈💼💰🐷🐽 Send this all your Stock Bros 📊🕺 and Cock Hos 🍆💃 if you get 1 back, you’re a Basic rear end Trader 😞🍑 If you get 5 back, you’re a certified STOCK EXCHANGE ANAL-YST 🤓🍑 If you get 10 back you’re the WOLF 🐺 of getting your WALLS BEAT 🥊🍑

This is a poor imitation of a TSR post.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

Donald Trump could still tweet 27 days ago

Joe Biden has only been president for two weeks

It's been a wild century since inauguration hasn't it.

I'm sure someone has made a CE rewrite of this.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

What if they live with S/O, Kids, parents, roommates who don't?

I'd like to one day see someone do an "ethics on vaccination rationing" on this and make the case that maybe the 25 year old burger flipper needs vaccine more than my gramma whose 80 something, retired, and lives at home in rural rear end texas.

The 25 year old burger flipper has many, many times more face-to-face contacts daily with other individuals than your 80 year old gramma who lives in bumfuck texas. Gramma should get a vaccine too, but not vaccinating the burger flipper is a mistake because burger flipper could be a super spreader if they catch it and are forced to work because gently caress service sector employees amirite.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Chuck Grassley’s long running beef with the history channel is always both bizarre, reasonable, and simultaneously hilarious.

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3AChuckGrassley%20history%20channel

Oh my god the history channel tweets.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

For real though the history channel needs to change its name to "maybe history sometimes channel, but usually not"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/ron-desantis-vaccines/index.html

DeSantis got called on his bullshit, and threatened to cut off vaccine supply to communities who complained about him playing politics with vaccine distribution.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

He's human scum, op

pond scum, not human scum

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lake of Methane posted:

Tweetstorm from a public works director in Alvin, Texas, a suburb of Houston.

https://twitter.com/TheHoboBoss/status/1361888203502936066

Texas did it to itself :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEU_XTV_2ZQ

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

And yet the people getting poo poo on will continue to vote red with no introspection as to who got them there. Because Texas exceptionalism.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

I know basically nothing about state/fed interaction on disasters but why wouldn't the TX Guard have been mobilized to get MREs out/executive level declaring a state of emergency and getting FEMA/troops out there to help? The military has a metric fuckton of generators, MREs, warming tents, ways to make water potable, etc. It seems like at least the TX Guard should have been activated by now or do I just not get how things work in the great state of TX (well obviously I loving don't because I think everything that led to this is insane and stupid and criminally negligent)

Yes the TX guard should have been mobilized about a week ago, but it's easier to go on fox news and whine about wind turbines, the green new deal, and the squad than do your loving job as governor.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Maybe it's because all the people I've met from texas aren't actually from texas and are California/NY carpetbaggers trumpeting it as a hyperconservative paradise but the folks I've met who claim to be from texas have been loving awful people, full throated MAGAts and "Patriots". It's really loving hard to disassociate that from my thinking process.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Can we cram the GOP into Pod 6 and then blow it up

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

Ok, but only if we also got the DNC in there, too.

I can accept this

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Minimum wage? Nah
Cabinet pick? Hell yeah

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Coasterphreak posted:

And I hope she primaries Schumer

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

prosecution by my posting enemies.txt

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I was awake for my wisdom teeth pull, just local and anti-inflammatories.

*crack* *crack*

the sound was something

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

So the makers of Mr. Potato Head are dropping the Mr. (and the Mrs.) so they can include all the parts in one box and sell more. So, cue the outrage and this cursed image:

https://twitter.com/duncan_colton/status/1365046763577626632

that idiots brain is actually rotten

:brainworms:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

i'm just endlessly angry about how loving awful ontario is handling this poo poo.

our asses are gonna get pushed in by the third wave because The Coward Douglas Ford has no idea what he's doing.

Which Ford had a crippling cocaine addiction?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jimmy Smuts posted:

And this is the "goulish, conspiracy-mongering" forum that Caro posted in. Wonder how he's been doing

Staying as far off the radar as possible, I would wager.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I did see a vaccination site pop up by Oriole Park in Baltimore recently, so I think they're getting their asses in gear to get shots in arms. Fingers crossed that some point this year I'll be able to get a shot.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bulletsponge13 posted:

Having grown up in Baltimore, that ain't for vaccines.

well i mean yeah but it has a one of those lit up signs out front like you'd see announcing road work on the highway but "COVID-19 vaccinations next left, appt only"

If it weren't for that I'd have never even noticed it because its just some trailers n poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kesper North posted:

In space news, Rocketlab has announced it is developing something that looks more or less like a clone of Falcon 9. First stage lands on an ocean platform. Curiously, they advertise 1500 pounds of payload to Mars/Venus, implying there's a specific market for that they're targeting.

https://www.rocketlabusa.com/rockets/neutron/

They have many many years of RUD to go through first, rockets are hard, surprisingly enough.