Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

hobbesmaster posted:

No, they had /var/log pointed to flash instead of a ramdisk in production.
Is that something they could patch or.........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Richard Bong posted:

The tech we’d need to make Mars livable would save earth. Like there’s no point in bailing because by the time you can make it worth the trip, you don’t need to go.
This makes me imagine some kind of last-ditch propaganda campaign from the fossil fuel companies. "gently caress Bezos and Musk! Kill Earth before they can invent terraforming! Burn more coal!"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

God hodl takes me back to 2011 and the bitcoin wild west
Maybe Seraph's gonna start a bitcoin dude ranch to keep up his income stream to Jeffrey.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Meanwhile, in the Sisyphus department:

https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1357069409043406849?s=20

No greater torment can a poster endure, and every moment amply earned.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

I've always wondered if he has a burner and if people don't pay any attention to it because they think it's a fake account.
Trump would never go the Pierre Delecto route.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Stultus Maximus posted:

Just two years ago, a majority of House Republicans voted to strip Steve King for defending white supremacy. Now only 11 vote against someone who advocates assassinating other House members and supported an attempted coup which would have resulted in the murder of other House members.

And 61 voted to remove archconservative Liz Cheney for not sucking the orange mushroom.
I imagine their calculus is that in 2018, they took a bath, but in 2020, they did very well in the election, so obviously the secret ingredient is more Trump.

We shall see.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Soylent Pudding posted:

Toomey is retiring so it's an open seat.
At this stage I wouldn't want to handicap it but I imagine Fetterman has a solid shot. I believe he is well liked in PA and I think he would be relatively hard to attack as a big sissy Demorat girly-man for obvious reasons (lives in converted old car dealership; could bench most Republicans)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

More impressive when you actually see most republicans
He'd probably want a spotter for like, Chris Christie or Trump.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Same, but I don't want him to escape
Where would he go?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

Lucky we don't have the Romanian impeachment process.
What's that, impalement?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

My understanding is that it's comparable to the reformulation of the flu shot, potentially even faster. I suppose one question is, if you immunize against the Elon Musk variant, is that still going to be good against the main version too? Of course it seems like a lot of these prevent severe illness/hospitalization in essentially all cases.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yup. And it was conservatives that killed it
What good is a country if you aren't its unquestioned owners? Or you know, don't feel like you're the unquestioned owners, same thing really.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Defenestrategy posted:

Actually that would be super galaxy brain, basically get rid of incumbent advantage and send them off to places of no real import.
I saw speculation that Biden would do this for Toomey or one of the Ohio guys, or offer them some prestigious but low-power cabinet role, on the theory that with a 51-49 Senate, the Secretary of Transportation being a Republican would matter *way* less.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

bulletsponge13 posted:

Why is Zodiac Teddy still gargling Trump's balls?
Probably some mixture of "I don't want to get primaried" and "I have accepted Trump is my master in my heart and soul"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Best Friends posted:

Saying there are good and bad Republicans means that you like some Republicans which directly argues against people voting for Democrats. That's why real political parties that actually want to effect political change don't do that. For a domestic example of a real party: the Republicans. Can you imagine any R in any context saying some Dems are good and we need a strong Dem party? I can't. Because the Republicans want to defeat Democrats, not respect norms with them.
I expect one motivating factor here is that the Democratic voting base includes a segment of people who idolize West Wing poo poo and the ideal of Bipartisanship.

You would think you could appeal to them with "America needs two parties of honest people, but we ain't got that, so we're going to keep on marching and they can clean their own house."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I was a little surprised, reading about ERCOT earlier, to find out that they were that way in order to avoid federal regulations. I did not get the chance to investigate whether this was the garden variety Texas elitism or if it was, in fact, avoiding federal regulations in regards to hiring black people, etc.

I suspect the latter, given everything lately.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Fallom posted:

Dude still seems more lucid than Trump. At least he's complaining about something relatable

High bar I know
Grassley seems like a shithead but was ultimately a human being... I imagine he did a range of activities when he was younger, and still does, such as deer hunting, maybe, or u know what.

I get the feeling that Trump fully hollowed himself out sometime around 2012 and has just been a grievance echo since then.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's the difference between ercot and a cartel
Cartel's more transparent about where the money goes.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The gently caress? Why would you want more than one copy at a time when DVD and CD burners definitely existed?

It's not like Nero burning ROM didn't exist 18 years ago.
One copy: "Gee, I didn't know it was a bootleg." is plausible.

29 copies: less so

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Looks like Cawthorn isn't going over that well with the base.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1365539786413535232?s=20

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

There may be a point past which the minimum wage would cause more economic friction than its benefits create, but that point is clearly well north of $15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

pantslesswithwolves posted:

In case anyone still doubted it’s still Trump’s party, despite him losing the presidency and getting banned from Twitter.
He's a-wiggle with his pent-up posting, I see. Or major brain problems. Hell, why not both?