Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Nate RFB posted:

I personally have always been more positive on Default's story more than most people I feel; yeah there are some genuine criticisms it deserves for both the second half structure and ending, but there was an emotional core to the cast (especially the Asterisks) that I felt was pretty much completely lost in Second. It felt like a genuine attempt to make a SNES era FF plot and flesh it out with some modern writing touches so it felt very comfortable.

The other problem with Second which no one even its most ardent defenders can deny is the music, and to me I way more upset at the downgrade in the music than I will ever be with Default's ending/second half.

I think the thing I hated most about Second was how awkwardly they shoehorned in the ending stinger of Default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Since I got Yakuza 0 and Kiwami in humble monthlies over the past year or so, I decided to start in on the series this week after years of praise of it here in the games forum, and... well, is Yakuza 0 just a bad entry to start out on or am I probably not going to like the other games in the series if I don't like this one? Like I kinda want to see where the story goes, but everything in between watching a Kojima-length cutscene or following someone while they talk just kinda feels like a walking simulator that reminds me of Sleeping Dogs, if Sleeping Dogs had clunky controls and bad combat. Does this aspect get any better in the later games / Kiwami remakes? Because this SHOULD be the kind of game that I love playing but very little about the gameplay is really gripping me right now.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Baller Time posted:

Playing Dragon Quest 5 for the first time, and a couple hours in this is promising to be a wild ride

It only gets wilder the longer it goes.

Also, make sure to watch "Dragon Quest: Your Story" on Netflix after you finish it. But only after you finish it, not before.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Cardiovorax posted:

Terraria developer cancels Stadia port after Google randomly bans him from all of their services

I just stumbled over this article on another forum I don't think I've seen it discussed around here before, so I figured I'd share it with you all. It's hilarious how completely and totally Google hosed this up.

There's an entire thread here dedicated to dunking on Stadia
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885007

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Super Mario Party is p fun, they're back on the right track with those games I think

I wish there were more boards though there's only like 4

I think I'm the only person on the planet that prefers the car thing like in MP10, the boards in SMP are dull as dishwater to me. They would probably be more interesting if they were bigger and/or more varied but as it is it's like you can go one of two ways that loops around in a couple of turns, and if you get a poo poo roll you get to do nothing for a couple minutes while everyone else has their turn.

Mostly I just miss Bowser Party though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rarity posted:

COOKING MAMA

COOKING MAMA

I would buy a doom/cooking mama crossover where you have to go through the steps to chainsaw an imp steak or something

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I guess I would be more hyped for that if I'd played more than like 30 minutes of xenoblade

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Is Fall guys something even streamers are still playing

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I've seen these Famicom Detective Club games on Gamecenter CX, they seem like something I'd play

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rarity posted:

Is this a Dynasty Warriors thing?

Yeah, Samurai Warriors is Dynasty Warriors but with Japanese history instead of Chinese

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I, again, believe myself to be the luckiest gamer. I never have had stick drift on any controller and I rarely, if ever, have weird PC gaming issues that others do. Yes I am bragging.

I've remedied any stick drift issues I've had by following the directions in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GURa16H_QvM&hd=1

The real joycon problem I've started having is that the right joycon won't light up when activated anymore and will only work when paired up with the left joycon, not by itself. It coincides with a short period of time when some dipshits were at my house and used my and my kids' switches without asking, but it's also apparently not an uncommon issue and requires opening the thing to fix.

The Switch Online NES / SNES controllers are pretty sweet though. They are bluetooth controllers so I use them with the 8Bitdo bluetooth receivers to play my NES and SNES wirelessly.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

no S-tier controllers... yet

I would rank the Xbox Series X controllers with the clicktastic d-pad to be S-tier, that's the only thing that was lacking from 360/xbone controllers IMO

on the same note I'd also put the switch pro controller on B-tier at best because the d-pad is so disappointingly awful

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rinkles posted:

do they work on pc?

Yes

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Barry Convex posted:

they finally released footage of the Monster World IV remake that doesn't look completely terrible. Maybe it'll be decent even though I wish the visuals were better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SFG44GDxvY

looks better than it did before but they ruined the treasure chest butt wiggle animation, it's a no from me

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Relax Or DIE posted:

I finished up Collection of Saga last night and I was going to drop a hot take ordered list of the games, as that's the only real way to dicuss video games, but honestly it's harder than I thought it would be. I think FFL2 is the best one so I end up with:

FFL2 > FFL1=FFL3

FFL1's sparse everything actually sort of sells this 'myriad small words held together' thing pretty well and it's a pretty breezy playthrough. I owned this game as a kid but I got it second hand really late, I already had FF1/4/6 plus other SNES JRPGs by this time and since this one didn't work like it 'should' and I had no manual or easy access to internet guides(assuming they even really existed at that point) meant that I never made it very far. It's cool to come back and finally put it to bed. 3 has lots of cool stuff going on but to be honest I didn't even really touch the monster/robot class system and it never mattered.

All 3 games hold up really well and are very impressive for Gameboy games. Spritework is largely good(3 is weaker than the other 2,) they're not very long, and while their is barely any space for a narrative what is there is generally pretty fun. It's come up in the thread a lot but I really like this more 80s-90s (for games) take on fantasy where there's also just real-world tech and sci-fi stuff mixed in. JRPGs trended toward 'magitech' and while that's fine it's also cool to escape from a giant flaming bird god on a jetbike through the ruins of a future metropolis until you can scavenge enough computer parts to make a shield-breaking item then shoot it with tanks and magic. In 3 the Talon opening random battles with a big attack is one of those things that probably has been in other games but I can't remember seeing it and it seems like such an obvious and fun idea. 'A medusa and two scorpions rolled out this flak cannon but my timeship fired it's laser cannons at them followed by a Nuke spell and they're toast' is the kind of poo poo I want to see in games.

If I get motivated I might make a slight effort post on each game but I'll mark the post with a secret phrase so you know when to scroll by.

Next on my list is RS: Minstrel Song.

I was kinda disappointed that, with the remakes of the original SaGa games on various consoles, that they only included the GB versions. It's not like they're gonna lose money on sales for the Wonderswan or DS anymore.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Khanstant posted:

I did just nab Dragon Quest V, I've only ever played Dragon Warrior Monsters, never made progress in a mainline one before. some random youtuber said it was the best one, plus doesn't cost 60 bucks right now. I think I'm gonna give DQV a fair shot.

If you have to choose one 2D style Dragon Quest game, DQ5 is probably the best one, yeah.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

if you read the actual article it's pretty clear it's not supposed to be taken seriously
https://jezebel.com/who-forgot-to-invite-chun-li-to-the-mortal-kombat-1846300631

quote:

Update, 4:39 p.m.: Jezebel has discovered the answer to our question about Chun Li’s erasure, and it is that Chun Li is not part of the Mortal Kombat megaverse. Wow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rarity posted:

My PCs break every 3 years and I have to get a new one each time so lol if you think I'm putting the effort into building my own that often

what the christ are you doing to your PCs that makes them die in three years

Weedle posted:

they are but how else am i gonna play my steam games on the couch while my wife watches tv

Steam Link + practically any mobile device or laptop?