Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
"Göring loved coke" :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Some Guy TT posted:

what if i want to learn about history but dont want big word books and am also a weeaboo

https://twitter.com/agathosbios/status/1442984435415093253
That made me think of the illustrated adventures of the founding fathers and how Touissant's life would be far more deserving of that treatment.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Raskolnikov38 posted:

halder helped write US army history documents
:stare:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
e: nm

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

gradenko_2000 posted:

He never credibly or forcefully spoke out against Nazism, and was interested in them insofar as he thought they were useful to his potential return to Germany, and even when that didn't happen, he still praised their conquest of France when it happened.
That's just Wilhelm II, though. If you get to the former crown prince — whoof!

e: The role of the former crown prince has actually been the topic of some academic and political debate here. The Hohenzollerns themselves are trying to get a lot of their poo poo back that passed into state ownership. The counterpoint to that is that the Hohenzollerns have aided the nazis too much and can't have their poo poo back because there's laws against giving people who were or helped the nazis their poo poo back. And the crown prince is at the center of that.

e2: Which coincidentally brings us full circle to Clark who authored an opinion paper in favor of the Hohenzollern. Which he lowkey disowns now since he only got sources from the Hohenzollern archives to use and seems uncomfortable to have his name thrown around in conjunction with the implication that the crown prince wasn't that bad.

frankenfreak has issued a correction as of 21:31 on Mar 3, 2022