Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

my dad posted:

Serbia has a black licorice candy named 'Negro', after the surname of the Italian dude who made the recipe for that specific mix and the color of the mix (being the Italian word for black), and the advertising slogan was "the chimney sweeper for your throat" causing the mascot to be... uh...

As far as I'm aware, it's genuinely just a coincidence.

Negro is truly terrible, thanks for reminding me. The lowest ranked candy of my childhood, alongside the equally bafflingly named Bronhi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Whirling posted:

I wanna learn some more stuff about how incompetent the Nazis were. I've seen a lot about the evil poo poo they did, but I want to see more stories like them making a bunch of handcrafted tanks only to have them destroyed by some Soviet tank made in a tractor factory.

If you think you’d enjoy reading about how the nazis bungled the entire economy and how the whole Hitler gave people jobs and prosperity thing is a myth, read Adam Tooze’s Wages of Destruction. It’s one of my favorite Schadenfreude books.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Are there any charts out there about populations before and after the partition of countries like Yugoslavia, or the USSR?

Looking for stuff like this

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Collaborationist regimes, ranked by level of cooperation with Germany:

- Romania
- Hungary
- Estonia
- Latvia
- Lithuania
- Monaco
- Bulgaria
- Croatia
- Serbia
- Sweden
- Denmark
- France
- Albania
- Italy

what are the criteria? Because I feel Croatia and Serbia should be way up there due to their successful genocide against the Jews…

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

am gradually moving towards pro-purge

New thread title?