Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
in the trash

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lEQVfIPoJyY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

paul_soccer12 posted:

Pearl harbor was a British false flag

:agreed:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Suplex Liberace posted:

Hello I have a request I need everyone's favorite/good history books. Topic is not super important I just need the biggest list possible to pull from.

war and peace

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

i say swears online posted:

weird, how did japanese civilians get into korea and manchuria

hovercraft

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1459186349236535296?s=21

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
maybe the west would have committed more against the soviets if they weren’t also up to similar things in Ireland, turkey, Egypt, Hungary…

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
isn’t his original thesis (from ep1 or 2 or so) that despite the revolutions the same people end up in charge? which is about most stupidly reductive reading of the english and french revs and not much else.

my own reductive take is that foreign conservative intervention makes things worse for everyone, which I can apply to more than 2 revolutions please subscribe to my podcast

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

vyelkin posted:

cspam should be a niall ferguson free-fire zone

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

500excf type r posted:

They check you for tattoos at meps when they make you duck walk etc before they ever let you sign the dotted line

They also check if your duck walk turns into a goose step

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
ascribing negative value judgment to the term dictator says more about them than you

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Demon_Corsair posted:

Can anyone recommend a good history of the Korean War? I just started listening to the when diplomacy fails podcast and... Yikes.

It starts off by talking about drat crazy the north Koreans are making nukes in the 21st century.

Then we get into the cold war primer about how Stalin was too paranoid and made a terrible mistake by not accepting the Marshall plan. Naturally this plan was in good faith and with no strings attached.

I had no idea that the Marshall plan was even offered to the soviets, does anyone know why they turned it down?

E: the Korean War was apparently mostly Stalins fault because he wanted China to fight the us. Hovever the host graciously allows thay the US was also looking to benefit from the conflict before it started..

may not be “good” but season 3 of Blowback is starting in the next few weeks about Korea.
for reference s1 was the story of how the US hosed Iraq and s2 was how the US hosed cuba

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
emu war

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
you’d have to be a dummy to stand there waiting to be nuked like that

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
it’s Vive Vendredi here folks and you know what that means:

https://youtu.be/ZyhiL2q7sQE

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

We propped up the harlequin corpse of the British Empire as long as was possible and we're the only reason they're not operating on the same level as Togo or Kyrgyzstan. American support is the only reason, by the way.

well that was a colossal loving mistake

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cuttlefush posted:

yeah the sherman :v:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the office but about ea-nasir

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

a few words present, mostly unintelligible gibberish

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cerebral Bore posted:

but enough about your posts

as a gottscheer I am steeped in generations of it

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding Stalin. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

birdstrike has issued a correction as of 10:57 on Jun 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

A Buttery Pastry posted:

American-style:
Fork in left, knife in right, cut off a piece of food for consumption
Lay down knife to indicate that you're a civilized person not about to attack other dinner guests
Transfer fork to your right, and stab the food before showing it in your face
Transfer fork to your left, and pick up the knife again for more cutting

this cannot be real