Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Orange Devil posted:

I replayed Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa recently and in light of recent scholarship about the Eastern Front it... doesn't hold up well.

Shame since it's such an innovative war game.

Wonder if we'll ever see an Eastern Front game where the Soviets are counterattacking like mad from 1941 onwards.

...how so? I dont recall anything particularly egregious about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

lol

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

tatankatonk posted:

What are the best books about El Alamein and/or the North African campaigns? Thanks

I enjoyed Alan Moorehead's 'Desert War'. He was a correspondent with the British so you get interesting first hand insight into the psychological exhaustion of the perpetual back and forth, the atmosphere of Cairo behind the lines, wrangling with the censors, his wife and child, etc.

E; i guess there's probably a lot of books titled 'Desert War" lol

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Under 15 posted:

Treason By The Book, Jonathan Spence

This is a fun one. Frustrated qing emperor spends hours a day personally trying to explain to a random peasant picked up by the police why the Manchu Are Good, Actually