Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In 1949 it wasn't even guranteed that the american bombers would be able to find their targets. American maps of the ussr were decades out of date.

Not to mention that one time lemay had sac do an impromptu simulated bombing run on like duluth and most of the bombers missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so Ive been reading about the battle of shanghai and chiang kai-shek does not seem like the leader china needed at that moment in history

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/gundamcel/status/1464329147661139976?s=20

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

whats this threads take on anthony beevors book on the battle of berlin

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the rapes seemed bad imo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i say swears online posted:

is this the largest military maneuver since the Chinese civil war?

i think the iran iraq war was still the biggest

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't know if revolted is the right word since they mostly ended up under American hegemony

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it was cringe

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Fuligin posted:

...how so? I dont recall anything particularly egregious about it

Seconding this

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

well it didn't miss the korean war and it was basically a lowkey mvp of a bunch of other proxy conflicts

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Slavvy posted:

I thought the chieftain was the most powerful tank in pure direct combat terms of it's time? Like yeah it was slow and being British implicitly unreliable and poorly built, but that was a lot of armor and firepower in one vehicle for the time. I'd take it over a t55 if I were inside the tank personally.

the chieftan was a contemporary of the t-64 and leopard 1 lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm trying to think of all the military advances the French gave us and so far I have

1. Canned food
2. Superfiring battleship turrets
3. The turreted tank
4. The machine gun
5. Giving a poo poo about your country

Napoleon invented the corps as a method of organizing his forces.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also people in the ussr were sending letters to gorbachev asking him to do a cultural revolution of his own