Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

i say swears online posted:

i heard some horrifying dystopian report from behind the lines a couple days ago about how russian soldiers are stripping POWs looking for nazi tattoos and my first thought was "oh yeah i remember that day of boot camp, it was day nine after everyone mixed and got over their shared sicknesses. nobody got kicked out because nobody had nazi tattoos"

They check you for tattoos at meps when they make you duck walk etc before they ever let you sign the dotted line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

A lot of the "wild" areas of the east coast were clearcut for farmland until around 100 yrs ago, they didn't really start going back to nature until the 20th century when improved distribution networks allowed growing most food crops in the Midwest.

Nearly 100% of the east coast was clear cut one time or another. Every stone wall in new england was a field

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

He witnessed at least one a bomb test with his own eyes iirc he said Oppenheimer dropped some sand or grass or something and did some quick napkin calculations on the bomb that were remarkably accurate compared to the real data later

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Subaru still has the best hill assist I've ever had in any car because it can be shut off.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Isn't coffee from the new world? How were there coffee houses in the 1300s in Istanbul

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Megamissen posted:

its from yemen/horn of africa

Cool learn something new every day thanks

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Day of defeat, Unreal Tournament, Oregon Trail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

tatankatonk posted:

I am going to be in a waiting room for about six hours tomorrow, recommend your favorite history book here and I swear I will read it

The whiskey rebellion by William hogeland