Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sep 26, 2020

Slowly making my way through this thread (notes app full of book and article recommendations. Have a few things on hold at the library already) but wanted to contribute in my little way while it was on my mind.

I was looking into what happened to the real Joe and Josephine Bruin (found some articles say they were sent to a circus and the San Diego Zoo respectively, but it's difficult... impossible even... to find any academic sources that discuss their lives on campus and eventual fates. I did, however, come across some photos of Baylor live bear mascots being goofy little guys. I think parading bears around campuses is a special form of cruelty, but I can't help but chuckle at a bear in a t-shirt.

1983: charles ii/chuck ii visits the texas state capitol and drinks dr. pepper

1984: baylor live bear mascot grady at the computer. on the internet no one knows you are a bear.

this one is a little sad to me. 1971: unidentified bear drinking dr. pepper on baylor campus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU