Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

You don't just up and fuckin die of cancer at the drop of a hat.

You die of an open gunshot wound or a lot of loving drugs really fast though. I'm just saying.

I worked with a guy who had chronic shoulder/back pain that he just ignored for a few months because he was poor. When he got it looked at the stiffness and pain was from a bulging lung tumor putting pressure from the inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
When I was a kid I used to insist that his name was Squeak and now I find myself wondering which one would be the more likely sound he made before shuffling off this mortal coil.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

You die of an open gunshot wound or a lot of loving drugs really fast though. I'm just saying.

My girlfriend’s breast tumor went from ‘not there’ to ‘size of a peach’ in less than three weeks. She was Stage 3a by the time she was diagnosed because it literally came out of nowhere and had already spread to a lymph node. An internal tumor in your lung could lurk for a while if you aren’t having any symptoms.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Did he screech in agony at the end?

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

IT BURNS posted:

Did he screech in agony at the end?

Probably more of a weak, hissing burble if I had to guess. Then he fouled himself.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Hasturtium posted:

Probably more of a weak, hissing burble if I had to guess. Then he fouled himself.

Couldn't even live up to his namesake, shameful.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

What was his character in the show anyway? Like I get the vibe he was just an annoying Dumas? Not a smart nerd type shouting bazinga

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Dustin Diamond was Torri Spelling's first kiss.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

appropriatemetaphor posted:

What was his character in the show anyway? Like I get the vibe he was just an annoying Dumas? Not a smart nerd type shouting bazinga
As sad as it is to admit, I have more memories of his character in The New Class, when he became the assistant Principal and was paired with Mr. Belding in some ways not unlike the Skinner/Chalmers steam hams scene.

Can't remember any specific funny moments, but the Screech/Belding duo was probably the most bearable moments of the spin-off.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They should have the cast of the New Class sing the College Years theme at his funeral.

I'm standing at the edge of tomorrow
From here the future looks bright for me...

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I still can't believe that Scrouch died.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Goodnight, sweet Stretch

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Here lies Screech
He never scrooched

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Das Boo posted:

May Satan crams him into a locker force him to star in a lovely late-80s/early-90s sitcom for all eternity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suXZVVGKrHU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Echo Chamber posted:

Can't remember any specific funny moments,

Saved by the Bell Megathread: RIP Screech. I can't remember any specific funny moments

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Here lies Screech he never scored (a good acting gig)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It was no welcome freshmen

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Royal Updog posted:

the moral of saved by the bell is if you do meth then you get to be in a paul verhoven movie

say what you will about Elizabeth Berkeley but she is still every bit as hot today as she was in Showgirls

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Let's say it again: Screech.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

IT BURNS posted:

Let's say it again: Screech.

I believe you mean Squeak.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Stronch is dead?

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Hasturtium posted:

I believe you mean Squeak.

No, I clearly said Screech. Don't gaslight me at this pivotal moment in history.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

appropriatemetaphor posted:

He would like invent something or have some kind of project that Zach would co-opt into whatever his scheme was for the episode.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Chief McHeath posted:

Stronch is dead?
I'm afraid so.

RIP in Peace :(

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Despite his name, Stonks didn't have diamond hands.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Screech owed me $20.

Years ago he had some bullshit charity drive to save his house and I chipped in. Turns out it was a scam and if I ever met him I was going to dunk his head in a toilet until he paid up.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

The guy seemed like a miserable curr for the past 20 years or so. Existing in a perpetual state of misery, loathing, vice, and ego. Anything in the media about him only seems to have reinforced it. I don't doubt it contributed to the malignancy. That kind of attitude shortens lives.

imagine being called "screech" your whole life, and your only fallback was "dustin."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Oooh I got one, more like Dusted Diamond.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Cenen posted:

RIP in peace Dusty you died unable to do what you loved most in life: Screeching.

for real though RIP scrunch.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Wild T posted:

Screech owed me $20.

Years ago he had some bullshit charity drive to save his house and I chipped in. Turns out it was a scam and if I ever met him I was going to dunk his head in a toilet until he paid up.

lol you got bamboozled by Screech

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

lol you got bamboozled by Screech

I’m gonna say Scritch still got the worse end of the deal

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I’m gonna say Scritch still got the worse end of the deal

Why? Is he ok?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Wild T posted:

Screech owed me $20.

lmao goons love giving money to scams

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Zack lied
Screetch died

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Goodnight screet prince.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Nancy Grace is gonna create a years long media circus surrounding the death of Scrunch.

Everybody knows he was far more popular than Anna Nichole Smith.

They're gonna hound his family forever.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

is this real??

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

He's real dead

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Big Beef City posted:

Docs missed my grandpa's tumor for probably about 10-12 years, then he died within 4 weeks of being diagnosed with stage 4 metastasized lung cancer. Diagnosed at Thanksgiving, died about 3 days before Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

Depends on the kind of cancer, if he had a tumor that ruptured in his lungs, the hed be straight up hosed and would die very quickly.