Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Huh, ACEV actually announced someone -- Tempo Automation. I remember getting emails from them all the time a few jobs ago... it's not a bad idea / company per se, but as with anything, I don't know if its worth what they are IPO'ing at. Guess I'll just hang on through it, and try to figure out what the gently caress to do with my warrants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin
Is SPAC still the daily catch?

Did they enact and exact a SPAC tax

Are you all rich

MEGA THREAD RETARD fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 18, 2022

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

MEGA THREAD RETARD posted:

Is SPAC still the daily catch?

Did they enact and exact a SPAC tax

Are you all rich

Turns out SPACs were a shortcut to Joe Blow public bagholder cash for the shittiest of shitcos that didn't have their finances in sufficient order to support real IPOs

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The high upside for SPACs is dead but the central premise of limited downside held true. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
The real money was the friends we made along the way

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Jose Valasquez posted:

The high upside for SPACs is dead but the central premise of limited downside held true. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Yep. I held on to the 110k I made and I'm just chilling in IPOD/IPOF until they announce something or we get a proper index correction and I can throw it into VTI. SPACs definitely held up at NAV; the rest of the story, not so much.

So it goes.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Lol these were trash. Oops

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Not even trump was able to make SPACs great again

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
I wonder how many goons were ruined by this thread.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

laxbro posted:

I wonder how many goons were ruined by this thread.

Not as many as $GOON ruined in the livestock thread.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

gay picnic defence posted:

Not as many as $GOON ruined in the livestock thread.

Or ndra

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Or AHT

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Mark it down, the biggest SPAC of them all, PSTH, is going to liquidate without finding a deal. Or without finding a second deal, "this time we'll close it I swear," in the aftermath of the UMG debacle. Maybe we'll get a few crocodile tears out of Bill Ackman, or another puppet show.

(Disclosure: I would've gotten absolutely smoked on PSTH during the boom had I not written covered calls against my position a few times.)

Pastrami
May 27, 2004
Fear the Lunch Meat
RIP to the biggest letdown of them all.

I hope you all aren’t bagholding deSPAC garbage anymore.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I just sold my PSTH on the liquidation pop and booked 2% profit #winning #wow #blessed

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The handful of CPUH I still have is the best performing part of my portfolio this year :negative:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Can these last couple I still own just get around to buying a gas station or something so I can nope out of the deal and get my $10 back

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
https://twitter.com/IAtalkspace/status/1572230660336791553

lol

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend

:rip:

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Hah, I only had IPOF left and was waiting to see if they found anyone or not. Cost basis $12.61, loss of ~$400. Oh welp.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

At least you didn't buy into the Trump SPAC

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
IPOE was amazing and I think I stilled pulled ~$2-3 profit per share on IPOD/IPOF. I somehow lucked into not holding that much money in SPACs when the bubble burst. Not because I predicted when the fun was going to end, but just because I was between targets at the time.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Party's officially over, folks! I had fun though! :angel:

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Is this why the CRHC bag I've been holding is all over the place down lately??

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Here's a fun one. In July, DHC Acquisition Corp (DHCA) made a deal to take Glorifi public at a valuation of $1.7b. Glorifi is some kind of personal finance app for people who thought SoFi or Charles Schwab or whatever was too liberal.

And here's what happened in the four months since:

Wall Street Journal posted:

The Texas startup that sought to build a conservative banking alternative is shutting down.

GloriFi has laid off most of its employees and told them that it is closing up shop, according to people familiar with the matter and emails to employees reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The company’s fate became clear on Friday, when funding that it hoped would carry it through the first quarter fell through, Cathy Landtroop, the company’s chief marketing and communications officer, said in an email to employees.

The “financial challenges related to startup mistakes, the failing economy, reputational attacks, and multiple negative stories took their toll,” Ms. Landtroop wrote in the email.

more like ms. gooftroop am i right

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Agronox posted:

a conservative banking alternative

I can imagine these guys sitting around smoking a ton of weed trying to brainstorm what else they could create a "conservative alternative" for. The guy who said "ok, get this.... a bank, but for republicans!" must have gotten a huge laugh.

But goddamn, they were valued at 1.7B for a brief moment there? I wonder how much they managed to cash out.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

When I read it last week, looked like Thiel said he would match $60mm in funding (at whatever valuation) if they found the first $60mm which isn't much of an endorsement. I doubt if they got much more than $250k in angel investment to go do a proper funding round

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Agronox posted:

Here's a fun one. In July, DHC Acquisition Corp (DHCA) made a deal to take Glorifi public at a valuation of $1.7b. Glorifi is some kind of personal finance app for people who thought SoFi or Charles Schwab or whatever was too liberal.

And here's what happened in the four months since:

more like ms. gooftroop am i right

Their pitch slides made the rounds and I can guarantee that it's all even stupider than it sounds. There was a HEAVY emphasis on leveraging conservative influencers (grifters) to get people onto the platform.

Included a breakdown of target groups such as "gun owner households," "country Western listeners," and "regular church attendees." Also a slide that just said "We the People are one Nation under God."

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

:toot:
Sold my shares of MTAC. Total net gains/(loss) for my time with SPACS: $0.00

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Congratulations, you beat the market :toot:

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
As always the guy who really beat the market is Mat Ishbia. Who took UWMC public via spac and has enough money to buy the Phoenix Suns now.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Artonos posted:

As always the guy who really beat the market is Mat Ishbia. Who took UWMC public via spac and has enough money to buy the Phoenix Suns now.

Lol my wife has worked at his company for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Nth Doctor posted:

:toot:
Sold my shares of MTAC. Total net gains/(loss) for my time with SPACS: $0.00
Crypto guys would kill for these returns.