Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Ilya McClement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
loving christ what an end to the period. Penguins continue to be outplayed in every facet of 5v5 hockey and if not for 2 incredibly soft goals from Varly would be losing by a larger margin.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Vesey can't do one thing right.

e:I'm too negative tonight, they're up 3-0.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

loving christ what an end to the period. Penguins continue to be outplayed in every facet of 5v5 hockey and if not for 2 incredibly soft goals from Varly would be losing by a larger margin.

They just look so listless out there on the ice. Switched to Leafs/Oilers and I am certain either of these teams would fuckin' obliterate them right now because they can both skate faster than a particularly animated coasting

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Flocons de Jambon posted:

I understand that there’s not, like, a significant difference between the contributions of Vesey and any other random depth forward currently on the team, but I don’t understand why Vesey’s spot is permanent while other guys have to wait for injuries to play.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
These scrums are dumb

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Flocons de Jambon posted:

e:I'm too negative tonight, they're up 3-0.

If it was anyone else maybe Spezza tries to make the pass and it's just a 2 goal game

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

A three goal lead with one period to play may seem like something to be happy about, but seasoned Leafs fans know better

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

A three goal lead with one period to play may seem like something to be happy about, but seasoned Leafs fans know better

The danger is that the Oilers switched up from the "cycle up high for unscreened point shots" tactic that they were running for the first half of the game.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
3 - 0 is the official Most Dangerous Lead (tm).

I have seem more 3 - 4 failures from a 3 - 0 than almost any other score.

I fear the future.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

How safe is a 4 goal deficit going into the 3rd when your team is poo poo and you literally keep bumping into each other and falling down all game?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

People dropping six figures to “own” a publicly available internet video highlight is going to be one of those things we laugh at in 5 years

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Yo Bolts, I like this

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Cocaine Bear posted:

How safe is a 4 goal deficit going into the 3rd when your team is poo poo and you literally keep bumping into each other and falling down all game?

From my observations, once 3 - 0 is present a crucial moment hits. Whoever scores the next goal will probably win. If the leading team gets to 4 - 0, they will generally take the game. But if the losing team scores, they will probably score three more.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Oh hey how are the stars doing tonight forgot there was a ga.....

:yikes:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stretch Marx posted:

From my observations, once 3 - 0 is present a crucial moment hits. Whoever scores the next goal will probably win. If the leading team gets to 4 - 0, they will generally take the game. But if the losing team scores, they will probably score three more.

Okay, how bout *checks* 5-0?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Oh hey how are the stars doing tonight forgot there was a ga.....

:yikes:

Satrs also forgot there was a game.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Okay, how bout *checks* 5-0?

Well by the previous rules, since the Bolts got their 4th goal, they should be okay. A 5th increases the odds.

The Leafs may have failed but that's because they're the Leafs, Chaos Team.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Debrincat :siren:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i dont think the oilers are gonna score 4 here

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
And the Hawks give it right back up

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
BIG UP THE ZACH MASSIVE

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:siren: Hyman is about to test my theory :siren:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

my boi zach

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Zach Hyman scored into a non-empty net?!? :monocle:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lol at the commentary. "You can see Nurse didn't want to take a penalty" as the replay shows him draped around Hyman in a game where the refs checked out in the first intermission.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
The Hawks defense is bad enough to let the Wings even break their power play drought

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

hughson and simpson are complete and utter poo poo.
no the leafs did not need to win this game to be the number 1 team in the division. they already were.
by a lot.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

It’s Cuthbert, and they were referring to the Oilers potentially sweeping the entire home stand which would have given them the lead. Which, lol

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:toot: Leafs Win :toot:

CAMPBELL SHUT OUT

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Penguins are going to OT win their way to a first round loss :toot:

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

They have seemed rather potent in 3 on 3 OT this year

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Carver posted:

They have seemed rather potent in 3 on 3 OT this year

Same as it has been for like the last 2 seasons. They OT their way to the playoffs and then get destroyed when 3 on 3 stops existing

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Jesus that Hornquist shot.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

crossposting on purpose from the n/v thread

Call Your Grandma posted:

oh lol it's time for garbage montreal hockey too going to laugh when they stink and probably fall down a lot

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Hawks were down two goals to start the period and manage to get out shot 7-1 in the first 3 minutes. Brilliant stuff

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Janmark :siren:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lol nice crossbar, idiot

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

ok i kind of changed my mind a bit it would be funnier if it was like a 7-0 blowout for montreal just because that jets fan has to dance at every commercial break and i want to see him dancing with a broken heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
You're just twisted.