Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
this but a vorcha screaming in a bloodrage after the kill >>>>

https://i.imgur.com/4q33SHb.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The class with the turret felt plently mass-effecty in the first game.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I just saw a youtube video that says Shepard is coming back for a sequel, how can that be?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mymla posted:

Some games handle this quite well tbf. Dragon age origins just shows you the strange dwarven customs in the tutorial bit. NWN2 has your character raised in a human village so you wouldn't know any strange dwarven customs either way. (That one kinda doesn't make sense in the other direction sometimes, like I remember a drow pc can basically go full lolth cultist the one time you meet a giant spider).

NWN2 also sets the backstory about 20 years prior to the start of the game IIRC, so any of the longer-lived races that mature later don't even fit the plot that well.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DoubleNegative posted:

I've been very slowly chipping away at 2 again myself with the Early Recruitment mod, and it actually makes the loyalty mission wall even worse, because it puts everyone's loyalty mission trigger as Horizon. So anyone you get after has a single conversation with you, then you do a mission, and when you come back they're like "SHEPARD I NEED YOUR HELP TO RESOLVE MY PAST" and then suddenly they don't get more development until you finish their mission. Even worse, Legion has basically nothing pertinent to add to any missions you bring him on. Even Tali's recruitment just has like two extra lines of dialogue from Reegar and Tali each.

(The Early Recruitment mod has an option to have Legion join after the Normandy Crash Site)

But even before that, squadmates basically have nothing to say between missions. I got more discussion out of Miranda than anyone else because she has like three required conversations before she'll broach the topic of her sister. Meanwhile Mordin says nothing after his Genophage discussion. It's a far cry from ME1 where you could get a good two-three conversations from some squadmates after each main mission. And ME3 where, if I remember right, everyone gets new dialogue after each non-sidequest mission you do.

yeah, having played through the trilogy again. i kinda think 2 is overall the weakest in someways. it has some amazing quests and great character moments, but it never really ties together and the collectors are never really interesting outside a window into the reapers to a degree. I think 3 despite the fart of an ending mostly does alot of stuff better in my opinion outside some key issues.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Wingnut Ninja posted:

That's what was so annoying in ME1, the default BroShep was a unique handmade model, so you couldn't tweak or recreate it using the actual character editor. Your only choices were to go with that exact face, or settle for some flavor of potatoface.

i managed to make mine look ok.

old filbert looks awful in 2 though. he just needed to heal up.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Outpost22 posted:

I just saw a youtube video that says Shepard is coming back for a sequel, how can that be?

She/he is reborn from a fetus that one of your squad members is carrying. Import your save to decide which one!

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
But what if Shepard is an incel?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Outpost22 posted:

Shepard is coming back as a reaper

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Outpost22 posted:

Then... they do not return.

GAME OVER

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

davidspackage posted:

She/he is reborn from a fetus that one of your squad members is carrying. Import your save to decide which one!

Cool, gonna do a run one where I romance Garrus or Tali just to have a weird and gross dextro/levo chiral baby. Here's to Auto-Abort Shepard!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Outpost22 posted:

well you know, BioWare lacks all confidence in new ideas and wants to continue existing as a studio so they're doing the thing where they play on nostalgia

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

well you know, BioWare lacks all confidence in new ideas and wants to continue existing as a studio so they're doing the thing where they play on nostalgia

i mean id be ok with either. id prefer having the nice ending of my shepard on rannoch with tali or some sappy poo poo, but if they bring him back for another round, i am ok with that.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
If only there were some way to clone them…

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

vyelkin posted:

Shepard is coming back as a reaper

"I'm saying I know what you are. Even if you don't. Why you can seemingly live even after dying. It's why Harbinger imprinted on you. Then why he ignored everyone in your squad besides you. It's why you agreed to make a choice like the Starkid asked. Why you didn't feel anything when the reapers tried to indoctrinate you. Why you can convince others to follow your ideals the way they can. Shepard, there's no such thing as resurrection. You're one of them. You're an A.I. You... are a reaper."

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
A Creaper maybe

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean id be ok with either. id prefer having the nice ending of my shepard on rannoch with tali or some sappy poo poo, but if they bring him back for another round, i am ok with that.

yeah I mean like ... either could be good. but I don't have any confidence in modern BioWare to stick the landing

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

christmas boots posted:

"I'm saying I know what you are. Even if you don't. Why you can seemingly live even after dying. It's why Harbinger imprinted on you. Then why he ignored everyone in your squad besides you. It's why you agreed to make a choice like the Starkid asked. Why you didn't feel anything when the reapers tried to indoctrinate you. Why you can convince others to follow your ideals the way they can. Shepard, there's no such thing as resurrection. You're one of them. You're an A.I. You... are a reaper."

....I should go.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

davidspackage posted:

Then... they do not return.

GAME OVER
The ME1 music just instantly started playing in my head.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

tribbledirigible posted:

Cool, gonna do a run one where I romance Garrus or Tali just to have a weird and gross dextro/levo chiral baby. Here's to Auto-Abort Shepard!

Glad I wasn't the only one who stopped and thought ".....soooooo how does that work with Tali or Garrus?"

We get our wish for a non-human protag. Unfortunately, it's the boring option as the camera pans up to reveal Shepard Jr. is an Asari

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It’s going to be a soulslike and you will play as an interchangeable series of identical vorcha

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It’s Liara Jr but raised with her bartender dad voiced by Claudia Black

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

bobjr posted:

It’s Liara Jr but raised with her bartender dad voiced by Claudia Black

Yes okay I'll take it

Claudia Black doing an American accent is super funny for some reason. I mean there's also the deadpan voice and delivery but yeah.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Outpost22 posted:

You misunderstand. Grunt is literally carrying it out of a lab after smashing the place.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

christmas boots posted:

Oh, I like that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

christmas boots posted:

The longer someone spends on Shepard's ship, the more they abandon their existing principles and change their personality to go along with whatever Shepard wants. It all makes sense now.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Outpost22 posted:

She got better.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

christmas boots posted:

Shepard: "HOOOOOOOOONK"

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Incel Shepard makes sense. They were very willing to side with Cerberus in ME2. Illusive Man was the Jordan Peterson and Shepard was the gamer looking for a role model. There was no option to follow no matter what you chose.

I can definitely see ME4 to focus on the incel aspect. Even fewer choices and more masculine role models.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Making your bed is the paragon choice

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Shepard kind of forgot about the Reaper fleet

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

Shepard: "HOOOOOOOOONK"

It is a beautiful day in the Milky Way, and you are a horrible reaper.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

lobsterminator posted:

Incel Shepard makes sense. They were very willing to side with Cerberus in ME2. Illusive Man was the Jordan Peterson and Shepard was the gamer looking for a role model. There was no option to follow no matter what you chose.

I can definitely see ME4 to focus on the incel aspect. Even fewer choices and more masculine role models.

oh yeah, the famous SJW company Bioware is likely to do that

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

christmas boots posted:

God, RvB was fantastic for so long.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

BlazetheInferno posted:

God, RvB was fantastic for so long.

Burnie came back to do a final season that should be out next month (fitting for RT to begin and end this way) I jumped off after Chorus but the trailer hit all the right nostalgia beats for me so I'll probably get back into it for this.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

yeah I mean like ... either could be good. but I don't have any confidence in modern BioWare to stick the landing

same. i am curious how dragon age turns out because while i liked inquesitor i burned out with the busy work bullshit to unlock quests.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Outpost22 posted:

"I got better"

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same. i am curious how dragon age turns out because while i liked inquesitor i burned out with the busy work bullshit to unlock quests.

I enjoyed Inquisition but there's definitely a disconnect there between legitimately cool character and story work and "fetch ten bear asses my lord" poo poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

I enjoyed Inquisition but there's definitely a disconnect there between legitimately cool character and story work and "fetch ten bear asses my lord" poo poo

my issue is everything ties map and quests being locked out and how many weird poo poo is also just licked behind that too. like i got very far but eventually i just got bored because didnt want to do gently caress off crafting quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Inquisition was fine but I'm pretty sure it had at least one too many open world zones. there's a desert canyon map and another map that's just a wide rear end open desert that's even bigger than the orlisean forest map and it's almost completely empty.