Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Inquisition felt so bad to play. The actual combat was all low numbers, plinking at oversized health pools. I remember getting to a pool area filled with dragons on the first map and stopping there because actually playing felt so slow and awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

bobjr posted:

It’s Liara Jr but raised with her bartender dad voiced by Claudia Black

Well I'd be fine with making this the canon relationship :liara:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

Inquisition felt so bad to play. The actual combat was all low numbers, plinking at oversized health pools. I remember getting to a pool area filled with dragons on the first map and stopping there because actually playing felt so slow and awful.

You're supposed to combo your party's abilities.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I got ME:LE on the christmas sale and I've only managed to finish it now. Here's my thought's on the final mission:

lol at red phone booths still being a thing in 2186.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Fair, but consider

lol at london still being a thing

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

why would you ever romance Jacob when Garrus is right there

also don't worry about guns if you're playing as Infiltrator. Save up for the Black Widow from the spectre store on the Citadel, and once you have it, you're set for life. All other guns are a downgrade.

Advice I should have listened to. I bought the N7 sniper rifle and fully upgraded it first. I was playing on normal mode and couldn't understand why headshots with disruptor ammo were still leaving fully shielded centurions with a couple of units of health.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Fair, but consider

lol at london still being a thing

THE EU IS GONE THE REAPERS ARE EVERYWHERE

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I decided to play the legendary edition again, I've played ME1 twice before, but ME2/3 only once. Should I just skip ME1? Just thinking about the mako sections makes me sad.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Mako got updated a little to make it better to use. Some planets still suck but you can always look up which planets are actually worth visiting.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

mako haters don't deserve to play mass effect

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

SirSamVimes posted:

mako haters don't deserve to play mass effect

They deserve to play a much better game, with a much better vehicle. Mass Effect 2, for example.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Shepard being the protagonist in 4 hundreds of years later would be incredibly stupid but also something that a marketing PowerPoint would say is important to get numbers, so yeah that tracks on both levels. Lame (if true)

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

I decided to play the legendary edition again, I've played ME1 twice before, but ME2/3 only once. Should I just skip ME1? Just thinking about the mako sections makes me sad.

No you don't just skip ME1 that's crazy. You can add some mods to make them a bit quicker.

Infinite Mako boost
https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/1974

Charted worlds (all the stuff on the planets are visible right away)
https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/524

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Best Friends posted:

Shepard being the protagonist in 4 hundreds of years later would be incredibly stupid but also something that a marketing PowerPoint would say is important to get numbers, so yeah that tracks on both levels. Lame (if true)

There's a new threat to the galaxy the, uh, Mutilators! They're way bigger than the Reapers and fly around on ominous tentacle smoke clouds. You know the ones, they were in every movie from like 2005 to 2015. Also Andromeda but we don't talk about Andromeda.

Somehow, Shepherd has returned! You discover later in a series of audio logs that the Reapers made a failsafe Shepherd Clone in a secret vault in case the Mutilators ever arrived, as they predicted 20 billion years ago! The Reapers knew the only thing that could defeat the Mutilators is the thing that defeated them: Humanity. Specifically that one commander.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm going up against the Mutilators

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
In me4 you play as the shepard VI.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

christmas boots posted:

They deserve to play a much better game, with a much better vehicle. Mass Effect 2, for example.

ok cortez

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

christmas boots posted:

That piece of trash made out of tissue paper whose guns sound like a wet noodle?

The mako is a waaaaaay better vehicle, it just got handed terrible, godawful random generated maps for all the optional exploration missions. The main missions where you whip it out are all fun, even if the skyway was built a little funny and has a tendency to toss you flying.

Thankfully, the hammerhead is a couple dlc missions only.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mr. Prokosch posted:

There's a new threat to the galaxy the, uh, Mutilators! They're way bigger than the Reapers and fly around on ominous tentacle smoke clouds. You know the ones, they were in every movie from like 2005 to 2015. Also Andromeda but we don't talk about Andromeda.

Somehow, Shepherd has returned! You discover later in a series of audio logs that the Reapers made a failsafe Shepherd Clone in a secret vault in case the Mutilators ever arrived, as they predicted 20 billion years ago! The Reapers knew the only thing that could defeat the Mutilators is the thing that defeated them: Humanity. Specifically that one commander.

Cerberus are back and they grew yet another Shepard clone and you're working for them again because something something can't trust aliens

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

That piece of trash made out of tissue paper whose guns sound like a wet noodle?

The mako is a waaaaaay better vehicle, it just got handed terrible, godawful random generated maps for all the optional exploration missions. The main missions where you whip it out are all fun, even if the skyway was built a little funny and has a tendency to toss you flying.

Thankfully, the hammerhead is a couple dlc missions only.

The biggest tragedy of ME2 is that they tied the best DLC, Overlord, to the worst mechanic, Hammerhead. There's not too much driving in it, but the silly Hammerhead phyics clash with the serious theme of the story.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Putting vehicles in a video game is always a mistake.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Mymla posted:

Paperboy would have been better without the bicycle.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
The Legendary Mako is fine and so is the Nomad, it's just the Hammerhead that is the red haired stepchild of the vehicle family

Actually the Legendary Hammerhead is even worse than before because of that goddamned noise

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Mymla posted:

Only if they are an adjacent mechanic that the game does not require. Idiot

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

lobsterminator posted:

The biggest tragedy of ME2 is that they tied the best DLC, Overlord, to the worst mechanic, Hammerhead. There's not too much driving in it, but the silly Hammerhead phyics clash with the serious theme of the story.

They really wanted you to blast those space cows

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

fine, playing me1 again, going full renegade this time, hell yeah get in

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Noo, never go full renegade!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Renegade has some of best lines and deliveries though

"I could legally shoot everyone in this bar," says Shepard, finally understanding how stupid Spectres are

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

“I could shoot someone in front of my favorite store on the Citadel and not lose a single vote”
-Renegade Shep running for galactic president

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

Noo, never go full renegade!

wrong

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Yeah, choose the witty one liners, but don't go full renegade and kill Wrex, or side with the illusive man, or destroy the reapers at the end.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Slams that destroy button so hard

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

If I ever do a replay I’m gonna cheat my renegade and paragon points to maximum so I can just choose the funniest responses to every dialogue option

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

davidspackage posted:

I'm going up against the Mutilators

But Shepard, Cerberus doesn't believe you and your only choice is to work with the reapers - who some say are a terrorist organisation!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Shepards child - partially infused with Reaper tech passed along in Shepards cum - will be the cyborg protagonist of mass affect, the sequel to mass effect 3. You heard it here first

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

Yeah, choose the witty one liners, but don't go full renegade and kill Wrex, or side with the illusive man, or destroy the reapers at the end.

no, i'm going to slaughter wrex

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Renegade shep has the power of god and racism on their side.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I tried a renegade playthrough of ME1 but couldn't stomach it because renegade Shep is just a cop. No idea if it gets better in later games

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Yeah, in me2 you get to be a terrorist sympathizer and in me3 your dialogue choices don’t affect anything that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Yeah, in me2 you get to be a terrorist sympathizer and in me3 your dialogue choices don’t affect anything that happens.

just like irl, i can't wait