Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

Hey, EA. Here's an idea.

Mass Effect: Battlefield

They were actually making this and then cancelled it. No joke, because Bioware is beyond parody at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

lol that's absurd
I'm not sure if that image is a photoshop but the trailer has a lot of blown out light sources and lens flares, like they really wanted to outdo MGSV.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I love the original Mako and have reservations about them changing anything in that department. :colbert:

I've seen several of the ME1 locations and it looks like they've changed the lighting, along with adding in some small bits of scenery (foliage and debris). Not huge changes but since the hardware can push more polygons, sure.

The official site has a comparison video of Virmire and the contrast between the two is noticeable. I think only the biggest action setpieces and story locations will get this treatment.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Hmmmm, only $150 for this! https://gear.bioware.com/products/mass-effect-legendary-cache

quote:

Mass Effect Legendary Cache – Bioware Gear Store Exclusive Version1 Wearable N7 Helmet

Includes:
1 Mass Effect Legendary Edition Metal Game Case (Game not included)
1 Morality Spinner Pin
1 N7 Acceptance Letter
2 Canvas Art Prints (Including one you can only find here at the BioWare Gear Store)
Comes in a full color custom box featuring the game’s key art[quote]

PLEASE NOTE: The Mass Effect Legendary Cache does not include the game.

N7 HELMET
It’s wearable, beautifully-detailed, faithful to the games… and yes, it lights up, too.

The star of this bundle is undoubtedly the life-sized replica of Shepard’s N7 Breather Helmet. Created with the actual 3D model used in-game and under the direct supervision of Mass Effect’s developers, it’s as authentic and believable as it gets.

It features the helmet’s carbon fiber texture and LED lights that illuminate the visor and the accents on the sides and back. And just like in the game, the choice is yours—are you Paragon Blue or Renegade Red?

N7 ACCEPTANCE LETTER
“Well. What about Shepard?”

Can you see the opening sequence in your head? Shepard aboard the Normandy. Looking at the Earth through a window. Immerse yourself in Shepard’s story before this scene, with a letter from Captain Anderson welcoming you to the N7 corps.

MORALITY SPINNER PIN
Choosing between Paragon and Renegade is easier said than done. You could be torn between what you think is honorable, and what you think somebody deserves. Ultimately, they are two parts of the same Shepard. That’s what this wearable is all about.

Use it to display your moral alignment. Or choose between order and chaos with the flick of a finger.

MASS EFFECT LEGENDARY EDITION METAL GAME CASE
The game itself isn’t part of the Mass Effect Legendary Cache. But if you have it, you can display it in this premium metal game case. And even if you don’t, the art on the case still makes it well worth showing off.

CANVAS ART PRINTS
The Mass Effect Legendary Cache includes two canvas art prints. One shows your ship, the SSV Normandy flying above the Earth. And the other - which is only available in this BioWare Gear Store Exclusive Version - features the female Commander Shepard with her Omni-Blade and N7 armor.

At least it's better than the Halo 3 helmet, they claim humans can actually wear this one.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion there's going to be extra stuff teasing at the Andromeda Initiative and/or the Destroy ending adding something to hint at the new ME game

I don't doubt it, just so they can have that stuff go viral once the game is out for some extra free marketing.

Even if it's super vague and I'm sure they haven't even finished writing whatever the new ME is supposed to be beyond "They inexplicably find Shepard's corpse, new space baddies because reasons, time to fight for [INSERT STAKES HERE]".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Extortionist posted:

ME2 definitely feels like a huge step up coming right out of the ME1 remaster, cinematically if nothing else.

But then there's also no easily accessible inventory screen and the UI is somehow even less functional than in the first (in the remaster at least, I don't remember how the original was), and every time you pick up any random codex entry or incidentally earn a paragon or renegade point there's a popup taking up half the screen (and probably another 10 waiting to pop behind it), just in case you somehow missed that something happened in the game you were playing.

The devs were probably limited in how much they could change - at least the awful original ME1 HUD got swapped out for something a little nicer but the loot panel, inventory and other things are essentially the same.

Bioware was very aware of the criticisms when ME2 was made, and so they overcorrected - mostly by simplifying a bunch of features instead of truly fixing them.