Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Mass Effect 1’s renegade story choice are a lot more egregiously horrible than I remember, especially on Theros and Noveria, but I think the simplest fix for them would be to just add a brig to the Normandy. Being able to take the asari that was in the Thorian and the rachni queen into custody rather than letting them honorably atone would’ve made a lot more sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Sentinel Red posted:

Is it really though? If you're importing an ME save, it can give you a massive starting bonus to your alignment scores. If most newbies go goody two-shoes boring loser route (seems to be the case looking at various streamers)

Getting to see Renegade Commander "I can legally kill everyone in this bar" Shepard has been a highlight of replaying the remaster

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I didn't remember just how horrible the renegade choice in Zaeed's loyalty mission was until replaying, yeah. It does highlight probably one of my main problems with playing Renegade, that none of your squadmates really have arcs as Shepard encourages them to double-down on all the absolute worst parts of their personalities- speaking of Samara though, she's actually an exception. She tells Renegade Shep at the end of her dialogues that she won't come looking for Shepard, since they did her a big favor, but if they meet again she'll probably kill them, which was a pretty nice departure from the usual fawning Shepard gets

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Section Z posted:

On replays I end up kind of sad Udina was predictably turned cartoon villain because Udina's life and job sucked even if you picked him to be the human rep.

Udina's real job (at least, the only one he seems allowed to do) seemed to be playing email secretary so random NPCs you helped can thank you.

"Yes... Sure. I'll pass along how thankful you are Shepard convinced Alliance scientists to give up the body of one specific soldier killed on Eden Prime to be given an immediate funeral. "

EDIT: Wait a minute, that was an ME1 sidequest but you get that "Udina let me email you!" in ME2. huh.

Udina is a cartoon villain in ME1. If you kill the Council, he gives Shepard and Anderson a TIM-style fever dream speech about why and how humans should use this opportunity to rule the galaxy

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Renegade has some of best lines and deliveries though

"I could legally shoot everyone in this bar," says Shepard, finally understanding how stupid Spectres are