Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Keito posted:

ooooooor they could add the UI buttons for choosing character/weapons on top of the kill replay? Or does that make too much sense for Respawn?

For that matter I think it's pretty crazy you still can't reorder the weapons in the sets for modes that use them, and have to continually reorder your weapons in the inventory every single time you respawn if they don't match your preferences. Doesn't matter for controller players so I guess they don't care.

Oh my god yes, Someone at respawn puts the close range weapons in the second slot, where I've always kept them in the earlier slot, and it drives me nuts.

Shotguns are usually placed before sniper rifles! Tell me an FPS where this isn't the case!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hi, secondary weapons you only use in certain situations go in slot 2. Snipers, marksman, shotguns, pistols etc. Got a sniper and shotgun? Shotgun goes in slot 2, you'll be using the sniper more anyway.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Evil Kit posted:

Hi, secondary weapons you only use in certain situations go in slot 2. Snipers, marksman, shotguns, pistols etc. Got a sniper and shotgun? Shotgun goes in slot 2, you'll be using the sniper more anyway.

Yeeeeeaaaah I know, but that's not how I do it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

long range in slot 1 short range in slot 2

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Yeeeeeaaaah I know, but that's not how I do it.

Its entirely personal preference but clearly a large portion of the population goes with it since Respawn eventually settled on it for loadouts lol.

Especially noticable because the sniper loadouts put the sniper in slot 2 now thankfully, but all the other loadouts are typically larger gun/smaller gun.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

double posting because I learned something yesterday.

Fist > Rev Tactical

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...84fcaca96083ce&

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Relyssa posted:

long range in slot 1 short range in slot 2

Entirely correct

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
For me it's lower number == shorter range because that's how it was in Quake.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Left to right pistols > shotguns > full auto guns > gimmick guns > sniper rifles is the correct way to line up video game guns and I won't hear anything to the contrary.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah for me it's just the twenty years from Doom to HL2 where you'd get six to twelve guns and pistols and shotguns where on the front half and heavy weaponry and sniper rifles where on the back end.

Doesn't have much bearing on post Halo two slotting and PUBG style two slots especially but that's how I do it :shrug:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Left to right pistols > shotguns > full auto guns > gimmick guns > sniper rifles is the correct way to line up video game guns and I won't hear anything to the contrary.

I always have to reorder my guns and it’s to this for the most part. Ordering by range in some specific edge cases

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

life_source posted:

It was disabled for unexplained reasons and has no eta for a fix.

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1765884397646135304?s=20

It would crash the game every once in a while for me (PS5) so I'm guessing that's why.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Doctor Syrup posted:

It would crash the game every once in a while for me (PS5) so I'm guessing that's why.

Oh yeah I was getting those crashes too sometimes (PC) I should've realized it was the replay doing it, that being said it would only crash to menu and the rejoin was loving instant to the point where I was pretty confident I was not even losing a second of time (since I'd be dead anyway for a few seconds).

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I prioritize my weapons based on ammo amount.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

https://twitter.com/respawn/status/1767700040993370218
I’m surprised people cared enough to push them into doing this, my impression of the Hunt mode was kind of a big ol’ shrug.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I was surprised it wasnt an LTM from the start, but I assume that’s because they wanted people to actually play it

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

runchild posted:

https://twitter.com/respawn/status/1767700040993370218
I’m surprised people cared enough to push them into doing this, my impression of the Hunt mode was kind of a big ol’ shrug.

I am 9 out of loving 10 on my hunt completion for the stupid badge and if this screws me over I will be so upset that I will do absolutely nothing about it but maybe post again. :argh:

Edit: okay never mind, I did it. Matchmaking's a little slower for that mode now but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Brut fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 13, 2024

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

EA can’t help but kill the goose.

https://twitter.com/alphaINTEL/status/1768243944633008268

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Fuckin' great. Great. Love to see cuts at a studio that had to have stable costs and tidy profits, really makes me feel confident about the industry.

Seriously, it's a built gane that gets heros, maps, and patches. Was the payroll really burning a hole in your pocket??

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

looks like the collection event money is drying up

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Relyssa posted:

looks like the collection event money is drying up

That's the hosed up part, Apex could be doing fine and they'd still do this just due to corporate bullshit. Just EA things.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Number go up mentality ain't no just corpo bullshit. It's everywhere and is just outright inhuman.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I know nobody here really cares about comp but a hacker just hacked the ALGS regional finals by injecting aimbot/wallhacks into a few players in the middle of a game.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Welp, two players got hacked during NA Regional Finals https://twitter.com/PlayApexEsports/status/1769527345176621110

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Rubellavator posted:

I know nobody here really cares about comp but a hacker just hacked the ALGS regional finals by injecting aimbot/wallhacks into a few players in the middle of a game.
that's actually amazing lmao

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
https://clips.twitch.tv/ApatheticAcceptableWhaleCopyThis-p4_Azg9oYVXBJr5x Gen getting wallhacks in game 2

https://clips.twitch.tv/NiceMildJellyfishMingLee-fUaTrmWnZb3t7jsO Hal getting aimbot in game 3

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
Just lol at EA/respawn whatever being so greedy that it got to this point.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
How the gently caress does your game have such terrible security that you can inject cheats into other people's games.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Not excusing EA or Respawn at all with this, but: Most games have awful security. Lots of games are written in unsafe languages and in unsafe ways. If the server can tell a client to download a file and execute it you’re already in this kind of territory.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

loving Clara is at it again

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/zaptoh_/status/1769532335945347435

lol

Also it's possibly a RCE via Apex or EAC or R5

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I see blatant hacks like that as a PSA, if they could just inject hacks like that to players in the middle of a tournament what would of stopped someone in a previous tournament from doing something way more subtle like adjusting aim assist upwards/downwards based on whatever team they bet on to win?

And now that they are done with betting they decide to blow the lid open before they leave.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 18, 2024

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I see blatant hacks like that as a PSA, if they could just inject hacks like that to players in the middle of a tournament what would of stopped someone in a previous tournament from doing something way more subtle like adjusting aim assist upwards/downwards for whatever team they bet on to win?

And now that they are done with betting they decide to blow the lid open before they leave.

Yeah, I think at LAN it's an entire closed off system but in these regional ALGS games there are pros that were suspected of hacking for a while, primarily walling.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

err posted:

Yeah, I think at LAN it's an entire closed off system but in these regional ALGS games there are pros that were suspected of hacking for a while, primarily walling.

the LAN servers still use the nearest respawn datacenter, it's not on-prem

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Some dude in Gen's chat a few minutes after the incident:

quote:

Gen, do you remember how destroyer gave you and Hal hella packs? he might do this to Hal as well

So...apparently everyone knew that this dude essentially had full control over the servers? loving lmao.

Anyway people are in a full panic like DON'T LANCH APEX but I think if this dude could actually convert this in to a full RCE towards random clients he just quietly would. Like would you spam your name in a pro game instead of keylogging everyone who plays apex if you had the choice?

Brut fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 18, 2024

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
this is the most apex scandal possible

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Brut posted:

Anyway people are in a full panic like DON'T LANCH APEX but I think if this dude could actually convert this in to a full RCE towards random clients he just quietly would. Like would you spam your name in a pro game instead of keylogging everyone who plays apex if you had the choice?
the most reasonable explanations for what happened is phishing or RCE. RCE means you should really not run the game. an acknowledged RCE is serious enough to delist your game on steam if you don't take steps to prevent it.

motivations on why people would do stunts like this differ. in other games, people have exposed an RCE vulnerability in a very public way to bring attention to the problem when notifying the company previously failed.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

EAC are saying it's not them, so implying it's an engine RCE

https://twitter.com/TeddyEAC/status/1769725032047972566

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
What's the most forgiving shotgun and how do I use it (hip fire, ADS, further away than you'd think etc)?

I'm finding I contribute more consistently to team fights with the RE-45, Volt. Rampage, and Spitfire. Basically guns that let me fire a controllable stream and put some damage on the enemy. The problem with this is I mostly play Gibraltar and his skill tree a d bubble fighting both push me to shotgun, but I'm rusty and I miss way more meat shots than I hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jack B Nimble posted:

What's the most forgiving shotgun and how do I use it (hip fire, ADS, further away than you'd think etc)?

The Mozambique is honestly pretty good now, whip it out when they're cracked, you don't really need to ADS it.

All the other shotguns have issues and more or less need to be snap-ADS'd to get most of the pellets to land. The EVA-8 used to be my go-to before they put it in the care package, partly because it has a really high rate of fire (for a shotgun) so missing isn't as punishing.

Try out the Triple Take :v: Barely any spread at medium-to-close range so you'll land all three pellets for, what was it, like 65 damage?