Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

ol' jeffy supreme is interested in spreading the word about these here forums and he's going to need all the help he can get, so lets get crackin on some cool ways we can help spread the word about how great we are:

- Take out ads on reddit that say stuff like "SA: We're still here! c'mon by... please?" and "Do YOU love pig balls? So do we!" or "Dead and Gay, interested?", the ads should of course link to our threads making fun of redditors
- Call into local radio stations and instead of doing whatever their show is about we shout "SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM WE GOT THE POSTS WE GOT THE THREADS COME ON BY", we do this over and over until they stopped taking calls
- Purchase lists of stolen credit card info off the dark web and call the victims to let them know their cards are compromised and also to please come by and check out somethingawful.com, we need more people please we're desperate its only ten bucks please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Pig balls tattoo ads.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Can we make a failing stock go up so that we get rich in the process? How bout Ford? I already got some Ford for my son and the dividend is pretty good. OK, Ford it is. Wait until Thursday. Thanks fellas.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Make a "this week on the something awful forums" youtube channel showing off whatever funny or interesting threads and post happened.

Only semi joking as the thing that made me actually join the forums was browsing the Frontpage and seeing a "I built a homemade flamethrower out of pvc pipes" on the side bar.

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right
Have you heard of A/B testing?

Create banner ads that ask people if they like the letter A or B, but slowly reveal a third option- Goku(?)

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

nothing valued is here

A tiktok tag thats just videos of us reacting to forum posts while dancing

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ad text:

quote:

Come visit Something Awful! We created Slenderman!
(Sorry about the girl that got stabbed.)

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Banner ads inviting people to join the goon lifestyle.

"cum post my lard"

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
please do not threaten to inflict the sa forums on innocent people :ohdear:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cause a dead stock to skyrocket and make goons millions of dollars. It will get all over the media and we will get like 1 million new goons in 48 hours.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

I'll jack off on cars at airport long term parking like normal but now I'll scream SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM while I do

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
a Digg button

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Spread rumours and innuendo amongst our friends and family.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the hot new slogan "no longer run by an abuser, probably!"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hire those people who call me everyday about medicare or insurance or whatever. have them ask if people are registered and walk them through the process if not, make it sound like theres a penalty for not doing so

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

newspaper voxpops, i spearheaded this movement in 2008

selan dyin fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 9, 2023

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Anytime the Something Awful forums aren't present everyone should be asking "Where are the Something Awful forums?"

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

If your outside-the-box advertising campaign isn't good enough to generate a Wikipedia article about it then you need to step up your game.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

an exhibition boxing match between the webmaster and a director of motion pictures

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

nothing valued is here

We go door to door pitching SA as a pyramid scheme, you invite 5 posters then they each invite 5 posters, and soon enough you'll be making thousands of dollars a month by being your own boss!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a program where nearby goons volunteer to split the cost and proceeds of participating in an arbys 5 for 10

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

return to invading online games but in a nice way

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Why do you want the forums to be bad
It should only be the 20 or so of us posting
Forever and ever

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Commit a series of grizzly murders in such a way so that when the detectives put pins in a map to see if there's some kind of pattern it spells out "Visit forums.somethingawful.com".

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Remember when David Thorpe went on G4 Attack of the Show?

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
OP with fame comes think pieces. Do you really want people thinking about posting here?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

tell people that a famous children's horror author has a something awful account (ben biddick)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Inscribe all my posts onto a golden disc and shoot it into the darkness between the stars.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Claim that we have nude pics of AOC in the members-only section of the forums (FYAD).

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Build a time machine and travel back to the early 2000s.

Manipulate a forums member into committing murder.

Become a safe haven for all kinds of racists.

Flash mob.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Son of Rodney posted:

Make a "this week on the something awful forums" youtube channel showing off whatever funny or interesting threads and post happened.

Only semi joking as the thing that made me actually join the forums was browsing the Frontpage and seeing a "I built a homemade flamethrower out of pvc pipes" on the side bar.

It must be read in the style of the "last time on dragon ball z"

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Mx. posted:

It must be read in the style of the "last time on dragon ball z"

So read like an article that nevers goes anywhere and takes months to reach a conclusion?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

invest in a hot dog restaurant

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

R.L. Stine posted:

invest in a hot dog restaurant

That's just general, handy advice. I'll do it!

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

nothing valued is here

We catfish people on tinder, but instead of asking for them to venmo us we send them a link to the forums store

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

We haven't set anything on fire in a while.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
We could create a fake windows alert, have people call us to fix their computers, get them to download team viewer and then lock their computer homepages to here. And also ask them to invest in my hot dog restaurant.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
you could make a advertise in the newspapers and people would see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Who What Now posted:

Inscribe all my posts onto a golden disc and shoot it into the darkness between the stars.

If that's the only copy of them, then sure.