Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

a series of litebrites placed around downtown boston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Just rebrand the site as an ebaums style repost site

only we just rehash poo poo from reddit and twitter

which is true

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Tell everybody that the forums suck and are extremely uncool and new users aren't welcome anyway.

Reverse psychology, man, also truthful advertising.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Why would you want more people to post here? The ones who already do are for the most part terrible. I feel like the change in ownership emboldened a lot of people to come back because the current quality of posts overall is in precipitous decline. I’m seeing posters I’ve never seen before who’ve been registered for years and it’s like someone flipped the bad posting switch on.

I’m not saying wife beating owners make for good posters I’m saying the kind of person who was deterred solely by that didn’t have anything funny to contribute to begin with and we are already worse off for them returning. Most threads are now basically reddit slapfights between deeply unfunny and uninformed people.

Just keep packin em in, Seymour!

What the gently caress are you talking about

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Big Beef City posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about

He’s real real bad, it could be almost anything.

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Why would you want more people to post here? The ones who already do are for the most part terrible. I feel like the change in ownership emboldened a lot of people to come back because the current quality of posts overall is in precipitous decline. I’m seeing posters I’ve never seen before who’ve been registered for years and it’s like someone flipped the bad posting switch on.

I’m not saying wife beating owners make for good posters I’m saying the kind of person who was deterred solely by that didn’t have anyt
hing funny to contribute to begin with and we are already worse off for them returning. Most threads are now basically reddit slapfights between deeply unfunny and uninformed people.

Just keep packin em in, Seymour!

Well, for one thing, these loving Simpsons memes are getting too meta.

Just post Ralph flying through Rib Kid and be done with it.

Real contribution: Can we do a cross collaboration with another successful website, like HomeStarRunner? Ladies drink free nights seem to work well, too.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Release greased pigs with s, o, m, e, t, h, i, n, g, a, w, f, u, l, .,c, m written on their backs :)

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Colonel Cancer posted:

Release greased pigs with s, o, m, e, t, h, i, n, g, a, w, f, u, l, .,c, m written on their backs :)

Greased goons

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

But enough about your local goonmeet

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Let's get al gore and the supersize me guy to colab on a documentary about the site.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Remember when some goon came up with slenderman and it got spun off into a bunch of books and movies, no one thought "maybe I should capitalize on this trend." Not sure if the real life stabbings had something to do with that. Anyways what I'm saying is, we should make up a new monster called "goonman" who has orange fingers and drinks bathwater, and when the real life murders happen we'll start an ad campaign saying "THIS WAS JEFFREY'S IDEA"

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Advertise us as the forum that automatically permabans posters who don't use an emoji in every post

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Photoshop Phebruary

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

ban cap lock

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Ads on goldbelly cookies

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Partnership with Ebaumsworld and Maddox Xmission. Rent a booth at a small city comicon and offer signatures for $5 a pop, and sit awkwardly as no one stops by the booth

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Dignity Van Houten posted:

Remember when some goon came up with slenderman and it got spun off into a bunch of books and movies, no one thought "maybe I should capitalize on this trend." Not sure if the real life stabbings had something to do with that. Anyways what I'm saying is, we should make up a new monster called "goonman" who has orange fingers and drinks bathwater, and when the real life murders happen we'll start an ad campaign saying "THIS WAS JEFFREY'S IDEA"

I think goonerman has more gravitas.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Let's go ridiculously in debt to start a moderately sized chain of pizza delivery restaurants in the larger metro areas around the country. Quality and service need not be an issue. Inside the box on the lid we can put our slogan "This pizza might be terrible, but the website is ok check it out sometime if you're bored or something."

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
punch cards, buy 5 re-reg, get one free!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ratjaculation posted:

ban cap lock
Band-Camp Rock.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Partnership with Ebaumsworld and Maddox Xmission. Rent a booth at a small city comicon and offer signatures for $5 a pop, and sit awkwardly as no one stops by the booth

Maddox ain't so great these days either, let's just put both him and Lowtax in one of those Dunk-The-Clown sealed booth. That they can't get out of.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
A dirty great big bowl of stew for all new accounts

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

PIG

BALL

TATTOOS

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Let's write a musical and cast it with eerily animated furries

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Much like the Tony Lockett incident at the SCG many many years ago, I believe that Something Awful should buy a baby pig, paint "SomethingAwful.com" on it's side and then let it loose on the field during the SuperBowl. Then allow the players to try and catch it on TV.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Tag overpasses and paste stickers with the website on all the electrical boxes/crosswalk signs in town? That's what the infowars folks did in my area a decade ago before they took off and went mainstream.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

The high quality of our posting should be all the advertisement we need.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I'll try following around a local news crew and trying get in the background of their broadcasts just shouting "somethingawful.com" until I get a restraining order

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

*eddie murphy impression from when he turns skinny in The Nutty Professor* SPANDEX, ALL SPANDEX. All posters are required to prove their identity while wearing spandex or spanx or some equivalent. This will weed out any users who aren't dead serious about posting in my forum (gbs).

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I can't tell what's a shitpost and what I actually believe anymore

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Come on now let's not joke around this is serious business

Lets flame elon musk on Twitter until he responds to it, that should make headlines for some reason.

"Billionaire space baron responds to internet trolls, says they sure are something awful"

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Let's give money to Jeffrey until he's richer than Elon Musk. There's gotta be a few thousand of us here. If we each give him a couple of million dollars every year in just 30-50 years he'll be richer than Elon.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
Add reacts to posts but only have two options: 🥚 Egg, or 👢 Shoe

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Revive Geno and turn the Qanon folks on to it through a vast network of bots.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The best way to attract new users is to produce a series of catchy songs set to ming bogglingly immature cartoons.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Buy ebaumsworld and use that to market something awful dot com

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Forum for homegrown

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

SomethingAwful Patch Notes:
General Fixes & Improvements

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Start by banning this fellow.

dr.acula posted:

Forum for homegrown

I've been saying for years banning homegroan was the begging of the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Has anyone suggested a charity car wash?