Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Plank Walker posted:

rare manager: oi blokes, what if we turn this children's game about cute squirrels into an adult game with boobs and poo jokes? how long will we need to create new assets and ship it out the door?

every rare employee, independently: i already have a folder filled with gigabytes of renders of these cartoon animals that i've added mega bazongas to

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plank Walker posted:

rare manager: oi blokes, what if we turn this children's game about cute squirrels into an adult game with boobs and poo jokes? how long will we need to create new assets and ship it out the door?

every rare employee, independently: i already have a folder filled with gigabytes of renders of these cartoon animals that i've added mega bazongas to

lol

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Lol at the last page

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah... a police badge when the local constabulary throws you in the paddy wagon for noncery

Plank Walker posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

As a kid there was a certain really offputting quality that a lot of DOS games had, I didn’t know what it was at the time but I remember instinctually avoiding them, like sometimes I would even hide the disks and boxes deep in closets so I wouldn't have to see them

After looking them up as an adult I realized that they were all British shareware titles

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Plank Walker posted:

lmfao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

metal slug has some of the best spritework of all time

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's almost cheating to bring it up, even the power up guy and basic enemies are insanely detailed lol.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Love these a lot <3

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i’d like to know what else even comes close

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

always loved metal slugs look. put so many hours into the wii compilation.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

this one is so sick, just coming up with the idea of a hermit crab tank is cool, let alone drawing it frame by frame like that, with those lighting effects and everything

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

fuuuuck those look so good. metal slug ftw

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Stop making me want to replay both La-Mulanas. I don't have time for that right now.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i visited the ruins where that mural is and even the guide there said that it was an alien spaceship and that the mayans learned about pyramids from the egyptians

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

gah

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

(queen of laputa from gulliver's travels)

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.

https://taskmaker.fandom.com/wiki/NPC

very good to know that dad is less powerful than a vampire, but the vampire is less powerful than late night dave

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Grundma posted:

very good to know that dad is less powerful than a vampire, but the vampire is less powerful than late night dave

what is this.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

You may have heard of it, you may have not, but this little RPG and its sequel remain as old school favorites among many veteran Mac users.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
You may have heard of it, you may have not, but this little RPG and its sequel remain as old school favorites among many veteran Mac users. Talk to your kids about it before someone else does.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

You may have heard of it, you may have not, but this little RPG and its sequel remain as old school favorites among many veteran Mac users. Talk to your kids about it before someone else does.

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.

Arrhythmia posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Grundma posted:

I played this as a child

the smily face said "have a nice day!" and I hit it and it stopped smiling and said "have an ok day" and I hit it again and it started frowning and said "have a bad day" and then hit me. I tried to run away but it chased me down and beat me to death

I found this really disturbing and never played again

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Cubone posted:

"have an ok day"

It's just "Have a day." which I always thought was funny

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

Cubone posted:

I played this as a child

the smily face said "have a nice day!" and I hit it and it stopped smiling and said "have an ok day" and I hit it again and it started frowning and said "have a bad day" and then hit me. I tried to run away but it chased me down and beat me to death

I found this really disturbing and never played again

Some of the yelling sound effects when you hit an enemy with a strong attack and they started to run freaked me out. I also got real worked up watching my brother fight the last boss because all the townspeople side with the taskmaker and attack you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

lmao i need to finish la mulana 2