Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
As a kid back before I knew what Earthbound was, I was riding in a car with my parents and there was some NPR story interviewing some kid talking about how he loved "the game where you hit hippies with a baseball bat" and my mother went on a rant about how that sounds like such an awful violent game teaching people to be prejudiced against hippies for looking different.

It's too bad I didn't know what the game was at the time so I couldn't go WELL ACTUALLY it's one of the most hippie games ever made, a sincerely good natured game about the power of love and peace and friendship and expanding your mind with psychedelics and questioning authority and etc etc......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

goferchan posted:

Playing Nioh 2 this weekend and I like how threatening they managed to make some of the classic goofy japanese Yokai. The one-eyed umbrella guy who jumps around on one leg like a pogo stick is like 10 feet tall and has an enormous hammer and hops like a maniac smashing it into the ground

Isn't that Ippon-Datara the one legged blacksmith, not the umbrella guy?
This is his SMT version, where they also made him pretty weird and unsettling looking.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Cubone posted:

"have an ok day"

It's just "Have a day." which I always thought was funny