Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

This game is really adorable. Quite an achievement when all the characters are insects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

MP only. Medals are cool, and apparently break the game.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

The appendices are really nice. I appreciate listing the species of all of the characters, as someone who is really not a bug expert.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Note for the shortcut to the ant kingdom, I believe you could have just waited and saved the 15 berries because they open up with plot progression. Cash just gets it open earlier.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Explopyro posted:

Madame Butterfly certainly seems taken with him.

Madame's gotta be the only merchant taking a break.
Hey, everybody needs a holiday!

This sequence seems a little bit off - I think the first shot should be a quote from the butterfly?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

I was looking at the supplemental materials and something leapt out at me.

The numbnail canonically has SEDATIVE LASER EYES. :iia:

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Junpei posted:

He's praying, this is based on a 'draw the squad' meme.

Oh, that helps a lot with figuring out Zasp's pose in the other picture. I was very confused.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Black Robe posted:

I can't decide if this is more or less random than your mother handing you special shoes that give you the ability to run which you somehow can't do normally...

I'm pretty ok with quality of life updates even if they don't 100% make sense.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Explopyro posted:

She just barely squeaks by, though. (Notably, the losing coin flip on Bee-Boop means she ends up getting a push instead of a win, as I alluded to earlier.)

Considering your health goes from 5/5 to 4/5, I don't think it was actually a push. It seems like the only case where Bee-Boop will cause a push is if your total attack (counting enemy defense) is 0 or less, right?

It does feel like defense is a bit of a miss in this minigame since it's almost identical to attack. Might have been more interesting if it came in smaller numbers but applied to every enemy card or something.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

In this case at least there's a clear way to help with the dissonance: Maki's dialogue. "Good. You've arrived quickly." only works if you did, in fact, get there quickly.

So put a condition on that dialogue, and if you take a long time Maki can say "Luckily the wasps are still here." It's not perfect but it acknowledges the situation and provides an explanation. Sometimes you just need to hang a lampshade on a gameplay feature.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Explopyro posted:

Y-You'll laugh at me.

Oh, Vi. You're delightful.

Nice little tournament arc. The justifications on these are always kind of silly but hey, gotta mend a decades long isolation somehow.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

There's a difference between content that's fun to play through and content that's interesting to LP. If Rubber Prison is the first but not the second, that's perfectly reasonable. If it's neither then it should have been cut.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Torrannor posted:

Interesting that the Everlasting Sapling was apparently a bit misnamed.

Hey, it's the Everlasting Sapling, not the Everhealthy Sapling. Pretty impressive it had that much green left after who knows how many years stuck in a box with no sunlight, air, or fertilizer.

That did seem like a pretty epic boss fight. If only your party could have used the artifacts as giant friggin laser beams when you had them.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Congratulations on beating the game and thanks for the LP! Looking forward to seeing what the postgame holds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Those are some very powerful builds. One somewhat sad side effect of the generally very cool turn relay system is it incentivizes making one of your party members irrelevant - both of these strategies boil down to "make one bug invulnerable, one bug kill the world, and one bug gets to turn relay every time". I'm not really sure what they could have done to avoid that, besides scaling exhaustion penalties or having exhaustion matter for non-attacks, which have their own issues.

Thanks for showing off this very optional content! It's cool of the devs to include stuff like this for the really dedicated players.