Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

No, the "spare the rod" line seems pretty okay to me. It probably just reads as awkward because it isn't a very common phrase. She's basically saying "I don't normally let people talk to me like that without punishing them, no matter what they've done for me".

For reference, the full phrase is usually "spare the rod, spoil the child", meaning if you don't set boundaries with your kid and act at least a little strict with them, they'll grow up to be a brat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Slaan posted:

Its a pitcher plant guys. Just don't jump in and you'll be fine

And just leave all that delicious nectar for some other bug to take?!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Here's a question: how do the various invincibility things (bubble shield, shock trooper, anything else we might not have seen yet) interact with the Devourer's "eat a party member" attack?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Quackles posted:

I absolutely vote for Luckier Day. :allears:

Same.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

A blanket item ban does sound kind of iffy. I agree with you that they should have made it so you could still use items so long as you've disabled him in some way. Or, failing that, made it so only certain items could be used, such as ones that inflict status effects on your party. That would have the bonus of also letting the player still use stuff like the self-poison strategy. Oh, and also magic seeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was intentional that Inked doesn't get cured by items. All the other status effects are actual biological conditions, so it makes sense that they would be cured by eating something; after all, you eat pills to get over your sickness in the real world, right? But Inked seems to be literally coating your party members in ink, so why would eating something remove that status? It's not like you can eat something and get cleaner in the real world.

Of course, by the same token, since the status was only added in a later update, it also wouldn't surprise me if it was just an oversight.