Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

sportsb owl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Best summation in sas was "It's been entertaining to watch Mahomes run away from the rush for 30 yards and then make a superhuman throw that bounces off his receiver's facemask."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah it would have been nice if that last one he threw while falling down sideways was caught

also that halftime show in the light maze was really disorienting and i'm not sure who thought it was a good idea

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

AHH F/UGH posted:

:wrong: and bad take

You poo poo up this thread, and the baseball thread, with how boring and stupid, and dumb sports are, and all you do is piss and loving moan every single day in the Trump thread about how depressed you are and poo poo that up, too. As well as multiple other threads that you straggle into with what a sad-sack punk you are.
Just loving end it, or end your posting career already, because no one wants to hear more of it you loving jackass.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 8, 2021

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Things you’d like to say to Mike Brown’s face itt

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol well honestly people call me out because they think I'm mad all the time, that guy is a straight up pouty faced moron looking for pity every where he goes, so he deserves at least a little call out for it.

You can probe me for being 'rude' or 'angry' or whatever, but you can't do it for being wrong. That dude is a straight up depressive with a personality disorder looking for attention and needs help. They're hosed in the head. Severely.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 8, 2021

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i too have a serious case of the mondays

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Gotta be honest, this owl was not very superb. Barely adequate, imho.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Sports are cool I used to be good at them but I refrain from telling people that because nothing is worse than some guy in his 30s talking about his college 400M time.

Good for Tom Brady I hope he keeps kissing his boy on the lips and preferring the feel of softer balls probably having way less sex with Gisele than most NFL fans speculate.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

Sports are cool I used to be good at them but I refrain from telling people that because nothing is worse than some guy in his 30s talking about his college 400M time.

Good for Tom Brady I hope he keeps kissing his boy on the lips and preferring the feel of softer balls probably having way less sex with Gisele than most NFL fans speculate.

I would like to hear about it and I'm not joking. Did you rock that?

I did some cool golf/track and field stuff as a teen/college age guy and some other sports stuff and I think all goons should toss that out when they can as long as it's not nasty/weird/not usefull. I say go for it imo

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 8, 2021

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

I did some cool golf/track and field stuff as a teen/college age guy and some other sports stuff and I think all goons should toss that out when they can as long as it's not nasty/weird/not usefull. I say go for it imo

Not too much to tell I just used to be real fast and managed to get some scholarship money from it.

I played lacrosse as well, but kind of stopped because of the jerk off private school attitudes of alot of players. Its thankfully grown in popularity which should hopefully help the culture. George Carlin wasnt wrong when he called it wanky Ivy League bullshit.

Theres a small league here in Australia and I might join up as a rickity old guy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just an FYI if you were watching the SUPERB BOWLING event for the half time show featuring the WEEKEND

Most half-time show's get paid, a lot, to perform.

The WEEKEND spent 7.5 million of his own dollars to produce and perform his own show. Which sucked. so...lol to that.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

Not too much to tell I just used to be real fast and managed to get some scholarship money from it.

I played lacrosse as well, but kind of stopped because of the jerk off private school attitudes of alot of players. Its thankfully grown in popularity which should hopefully help the culture. George Carlin wasnt wrong when he called it wanky Ivy League bullshit.

Theres a small league here in Australia and I might join up as a rickity old guy.

Hell yeah.

I used to be so good at golf and being good at carrying golf bags that I got the exact same scholarship that they talk about in the Hit Film Movie The Caddie Shack and also I could throw a shot put and discus sometimes it was very exciting to some people.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Big Beef City posted:

Most half-time show's get paid, a lot, to perform.

They don't at the superbowl. Performers sign over a significant fraction of their next year's worth of touring revenue in order to get the gig for the exposure The NFL my be clownshoes on PR and public facing issues but they are lighyears ahead of everyone else on seedy methods of revenue generation and tax fuckery.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

shadow puppet of a posted:

They don't at the superbowl. Performers sign over a significant fraction of their next year's worth of touring revenue in order to get the gig for the exposure The NFL my be clownshoes on PR and public facing issues but they are lighyears ahead of everyone else on seedy methods of revenue generation and tax fuckery.

quote:

historically speaking, the 15-minute show has resulted in some pretty hefty financial gains for the singers. According to Spotify, after last year’s Super Bowl halftime show, Shakira’s streams spiked by 230% while JLo’s went up 335%. Meanwhile, Justin Timberlake's music sales rose 534% after his appearance in 2018.

Ok I suppose technically you're correct. However, these artists, and previous ones, like prince, and Springstein, kinda, sorta, maybe, had, you know, a musical history from which fans could purchase and respond to, as opposed to this guy who had dudes in jockstraps on their face dancing to the absolutely one song he's known for.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's the equivalent of having Harvey Danger come out and do a 15 minute set with the culmination being 'Flag Pole Sitter' the year AFTER it came out. You cannot deny that.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

A 538% spike in Spotify streams will net you an extra 13 dollars in your quarterly check from the Harry Fox agency

I don't think you should slam the performance. It was a touching tribute to the late Aldo Montoya and symbolized his struggle for recognition in the fed and the golden labyrinth of Kevin Nash's booking ideas.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Big Beef City posted:

It's really obvious that everyone who always bitches that sports suck and go "lol sportsball!" never played anything besides rec soccer when they were 10, if that. And they probably sucked and didn't try to get better, they just quit when other kids started training for real. I don't know anyone who was good at a sport and quit unless their parents were pushing them too hard. I wrestled and sucked but then was good and if I never did that I'd probably have grown up as a shut in loser who just built computers and poo poo. And now I coach wrestling and track and cross country and get to watch kids go from shut in wallflowers who are afraid to even talk to anyone to confident, healthy, strong kids. It's the best. Sports own. Sports are good for you and really helpful to a kids development, even if you're not winning gold medals all over the place.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

football is neat because it simulates large-scale infantry combat in the vain of medieval war

2 lines of combatants organized to feint, push, exploit, and support one another to execute a goal.

except then the quarterback can just throw the ball over everybody and that ruins the immersion altogether.

ban quarterbacks.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

It's really obvious that everyone who always bitches that sports suck and go "lol sportsball!" never played anything besides rec soccer when they were 10, if that. And they probably sucked and didn't try to get better, they just quit when other kids started training for real. I don't know anyone who was good at a sport and quit unless their parents were pushing them too hard. I wrestled and sucked but then was good and if I never did that I'd probably have grown up as a shut in loser who just built computers and poo poo. And now I coach wrestling and track and cross country and get to watch kids go from shut in wallflowers who are afraid to even talk to anyone to confident, healthy, strong kids. It's the best. Sports own. Sports are good for you and really helpful to a kids development, even if you're not winning gold medals all over the place.

This guy gets my President's Athletic Certificate embossed.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Zeluth posted:

This guy gets my President's Athletic Certificate embossed.

psh i have a shoebox full of bronze and silver medals in my parents basement

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
gently caress sports and I say that as a kid who did 6+ years of soccer except my coach was an rear end in a top hat I called dad. gently caress you sports

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Everyone hates Tom Brady because he’s won seven Super Bowls and says his secret is “drinking plenty of water”

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Fun fact about sports:

The 'o' in sport is round, which makes it more closely resemble your average sports enthusiast than an actual football.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

...ok

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Confident kids tend to become lovely teenagers.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I'm left wondering what answer you would want to this post that either agrees with you, or says "gently caress yea, owned them" you entire galactaca battlespace robot arm nerd.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
in college i was able to take a meditation class to fulfill my athletic requirement

Various Artists
Nov 13, 2008

Unknown Album
Untitled
***--
i mean that's exactly the kind of weird babyrage i expect out of high school coaches

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

I'm left wondering what answer you would want to this post that either agrees with you, or says "gently caress yea, owned them" you entire galactaca battlespace robot arm nerd.

you started talking about how sports are good and its worth throwing it out there if you played, so I went ahead and agreed with you but I guess you'd rather just be a prick like you always are

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I played swimming and it was great because doing sports is better than not doing sports

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

feelix posted:

I played swimming and it was great because doing sports is better than not doing sports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgaRm9j8SQI

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

GolfHole posted:

football is neat because it simulates large-scale infantry combat in the vain of medieval war

2 lines of combatants organized to feint, push, exploit, and support one another to execute a goal.

except then the quarterback can just throw the ball over everybody and that ruins the immersion altogether.

ban quarterbacks.

No see those are the trebuchets

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

GolfHole posted:

ban quarterbacks.

drat you Knute Rockne!!!!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

you started talking about how sports are good and its worth throwing it out there if you played, so I went ahead and agreed with you but I guess you'd rather just be a prick like you always are

lol

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
it was nice to see the Chiefs put in their place after the past few years of endless media hype and blowjobs for them and Mahomes. too bad it had to be loving tom brady to win, though.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Super Bowl: A yearly U.S. event during which guys watch a few hours of TV advertisements, get very drunk, and yell a lot. Many also lose money on bets.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
fun fact: i have an old "friend" who became a high school sports coach, he is an alcoholic, hates his life and his wife left him after he pushed her through the back porch glass door.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Man there's a lot of angles wrapped up in your original joke and how wrong it was and hosed up you aren't there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

fun fact: i have an old "friend" who became a high school sports coach, he is an alcoholic, hates his life and his wife left him after he pushed her through the back porch glass door.

sounds like you're not a team player