Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Many cspam posters have pointed out how they think the moderation and rule is related to a broader political context of marginalizing and silencing Tara Reade. Again, imagine if a republican forum did similar actions about trump rape allegations.

Can I post in this D&D thread just created along these lines pointing out these issues?

The quote you posted from Jeffrey from YOSPOS, owner of this website, seems to state pretty definitively that the answer is No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
gently caress off with this petty sniping

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

emSparkly posted:

By engaging with the exploitative TV, film, and music industries, or the all too often misogynist and pedophilic mediums of video games or anime, am I perpetuating rape culture? Everyone I've met seems to think no, but I can't stomach the idea of thinking my enjoyment of a film is more important than the life and safety of a woman who the director raped in college. I feel like by enjoying anything at all I'm just another walking insult to survivors of sexual violence. How are so many just able to go about their day finding enjoyment in things so closely related to a culture of hurting women and shaming them afterward and coming away not feeling disgusted?

Guilt, by itself, doesn't actually accomplish much. If you're channeling that guilt into fighting for a better world, working to pitch in and help fix the problems you feel guilty about, or at least help the victims, that's one thing.

But if you're just sitting around telling yourself you're not allowed to enjoy things for fear that somebody involved in that thing may have exploited or harmed someone else once in their past, then you're not helping anyone. You're just putting a shoddy veneer of martyrdom over some flavor of depression.