Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Even if you think Tara is 110% lying you should be for an actual investigation so you can be proven right and because all accusations deserve an investigation.

If you think Tara is lying and there also shouldn't be an investigation you're lying about the first part. Then you're just mad she accused someone you want to succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Insanite posted:

This describes a frustratingly large proportion of Dems. There was little tolerance for the story in the spring among traditional team blue audiences:

#FireChrisHayes trends after MSNBC host covers Biden sexual assault allegations

Yep and it's why I focus on an investigation. Even if you absolutely don't believe her you should want an investigation because that's how the system should work and that's how we decide guilt and innocence and no one should be above the law. Yet a bunch of team blue thinks there shouldn't be one.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yinlock posted:

I wouldn't have much faith in an investigation since rich people facing actual consequences under capitalism is insanely rare unless they pissed off someone richer, but I agree that one needs to happen nonetheless

Seems like all reasons why someone who supports Biden would be cool with an investigation yet none of them are.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If we're looking for old hosed up posts to follow up on to make up for mod mistakes

try the new taco place posted:

I cannot understand why folks keep referring to her allegations as credible, I am excited to read about the valid proof that I have missed in the last 2 years.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

fool of sound posted:

I don't really see how it's meaningfully different from accusing Reade of going public in order to later sell her book, unless the supposition is that a survivor has to name their abuser for their story to be valid.

One is saying "I do not believe her accusations because she is making them to make money" and the other is "I believe her accusations but I think it's wrong/weird/unacceptable to make money from them".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah I think there are valid reasons to be unhappy with what she's doing and I think her case says a lot about our culture and discussing that and even disapproving of it doesn't go to the same place as saying someone is making up accusations for money.