Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

indiscriminately posted:

If his political life survives it'll be because he gained so much good will on the national stage for his daily covid briefings, which were a comforting contrast to the Trump show. At this time I think he's likely to survive. Yesterday there was a Cuomo allegations segment on The Brian Lehrer Show where ~80% of callers-in were in defense of Cuomo, with the general theme being "he may be a bad person but he's a good leader" and "but why are these allegations coming out now??". Both of which are bullshit - he is a bad leader and the allegations are not new.

Be careful with those call in shows though because politicians will have staff call in and basically make sure that their calls are the ones that are taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I had a conversation with a friend of mine I recently reconnected with on facebook, her and I were talking about the small town we grew up in and it kinda dawned on me one day, knowing the statistics on sexual assault and somewhat obviously that we went to school with a bunch of people who were sexually assaulted. In the age of the internet, I wonder what's its like for women to have to confront this stuff all the time and see the people who did things to you or told you to shut up and see their exploits of how they are good people.

Digging DEEPER into that, it meant that you went to school and might of been or maybe still are friends with someone who sexually assaulted someone. And its weird feeling, as a guy, because you like to think that all your friends would never DO something like that. She relayed to me that someone had assaulted her and was talked out of saying anything or that she must of been wrong about what happened and its just sad.

My only real contribution to this thread outside of this story is that we as a society need to reframe to what men can do about changing male culture. The talk about what women should do to prevent sexual assault puts a real undue burden on the people who are being targeted. The biggest thing, in my mind, is that we are not owed anything and that male worth shouldn't be tied up in perceived sexual conquest (or violence but that's for another thread).

Anyways, I try to do better and give to BARCC: https://barcc.org/ when possible.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Lib and let die posted:

I would make the argument that you're more likely to see your own interview segment on Tucker, while Rachel airs the grade 2 teacher interview, mostly as a way for Trustworth Media to point to you and say "well of course you're lying/have an agenda, you went on Tucker to talk about it!"

edit. not worth tit for tatting this.